Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:53:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay suspended account for selling ant miner lol  (Read 3847 times)
electrogen (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:26:58 AM

this is the chat transcript i have just had with ebay asking why account was suspended and she can't answer the question lol

Mary Grace Dianne
Welcome to eBay Live Help. My name is Mary Grace.

Mary Grace Dianne
I'm sorry to hear about the suspension on your account.

hanle-pete
Hi, just saw that my account is suspended but no reason. just says suspicious activity but all i have done is made a listing.

Mary Grace Dianne
I
Mary Grace Dianne
I've checked your account and it appears that it is suspended due to further verification process. All you have to do is to send us your document that will prove you name, address and the item that you've listed.

hanle-pete
I dont understand what this needs to be done. I'm a new seller and this just puts me off ebay

hanle-pete
is this because it has to do with bit coin

Mary Grace Dianne
Once we have received and verified the required documents, you will be able to start selling your items and bid on eBay.

Mary Grace Dianne
Please send us the following documents:

Mary Grace Dianne
- Front and back copy of your ID or passport.
- Copy of a document showing your address (if different from what is displayed on your identity document)

hanle-pete
this isn't standard procedure though as my account was suspended after i listed. if u did this to everyone ebay would be broke

Mary Grace Dianne
In addition, we ask you to provide a proof of ownership of the item (261511998156) you have listed on eBay. These may consist of:

- Receipts
- Copies of invoices or proof of delivery (pro-forma invoices are not counted as evidence of ownership)
- Customs documents, if you have purchased your goods abroad
- Availability of supplier confirmations

hanle-pete
what triggered the need for id

hanle-pete
hello

Mary Grace Dianne
Hi.

hanle-pete
what triggered the need for id

Mary Grace Dianne
I apologise for the delay in response as I'm having a technical issue on my part.

Mary Grace Dianne
For the proof of name, please send us your front and back copy of your ID or passport.

hanle-pete
thats not what i asked

hanle-pete
i want to know why a new seller has his account closed and listings cancelled for ID

hanle-pete
for selling bit coin related item

Mary Grace Dianne
The data and documents you submit will be processed and collected by eBay in accordance with privacy laws, solely for the purposes related to the verification of users, and kept for a period not longer than necessary, as provided by Law 196 / 2003. eBay reserves the right to verify with third parties interested in the information and documents you submit.

hanle-pete
so you can't answer my question then?

Mary Grace Dianne
Please understand that we reserve the right to suspend a member's account and ask for further information if we have cause for concern.

hanle-pete
yeah i understand that

Mary Grace Dianne
I hope you received my previous response.

hanle-pete
but you can't tell me why u are suspicious

hanle-pete
or what the concern is

Mary Grace Dianne
Please understand that all we asked all our members to send us their documents and this is for further verification process.

hanle-pete
but did you cancel all their accounts till it was done

hanle-pete
no explanation or nothing

hanle-pete
i had to do this chat to find out reason for suspension

Mary Grace Dianne
Please understand we're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

Mary Grace Dianne
Please ensure that all your personal details match the information you've registered on your account. Rest assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care and destroy it once reviewed.

hanle-pete
there must have been a reason why my account is flagged as suspicious

Mary Grace Dianne
Please understand that we do not treat your account as suspicious, we just suspended your account for further verification process.

Mary Grace Dianne
You may upload the documents to this link:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/verification_request.html

hanle-pete
"and destroy it once reviewed." this isn't true. data protection act states that it is held for many years on accounts

hanle-pete
just forget it you can't give me an answer so ill sell elsewhere
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

I doubt you were suspended for selling an ant miner.  Ebay verifies everyone that sells with them.  Most people do it via a bank account.  If you don't link a bank account and\or answer their profile questions, they ask for photo id (here in the USA anyways, this isn't all that different than what a pawn shop is supposed to do). 
It isn't bitcoin mining equipment per say that they consider high risk but computer equipment in general.  You would get the same shit if you were trying to sell a laptop.  With that said their customer service is pretty terrible, and completely random.  I sold a lot of stuff with them but they refused to let me sell one particular computer part (I don't remember what it was, maybe a RES?) even after I provided them a receipt.   I guess they thought it odd that someone would have several of them. 
xpoint

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

i doubt so too, that you have your account suspended because of ant miner, happened same for me, when i tried to sell on ebay, didn't bother to send them any documents and after few months they just had my account changed to seller and i could use it as normal Smiley
xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:51:58 AM

I have sold lots of Ants on Ebay , ebay is cool with selling ants, as long as there making a profit and your not a scammer, send them your documents and there wont be a problem
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:12:22 AM

Suspect that if you send the requested documentation you'll be golden.  Haven't heard of them suspending accounts just for selling mining hardware.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Deja

Activity: 330

Silverlink

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:16:09 AM

This is standard ebay practice for new accounts trying to sell high(ish) value or multiple items.

I'm sure you'd appreciate them doing it if you were a buyer and got no item delivered, this is the way they can offer Buyer Protection in the way they do Wink

Just send them a copy of your id and proof that you have the item to sell, sometimes they'll accept a photo with you and the item you are selling as proof of having it to sell, more often than not they do this when you are selling multiples of the same item.

You've got nothing to worry about as long as you haven't used false details without the paperwork needed to back it up.

Once you do as they ask you will be ok to sell almost anything although there will still be limits on some things Wink

Hope this helps Smiley

PS: I fully appreciate that as a seller it's a pain in the arse but you'll only need to send them ID once, they won't ask for it again, it'll take a few days to sort out though Sad

samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:29:08 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 02:33:53 PM by samsonn25

I've sold 10 ant miners with no problem.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:15:09 PM

It's fairly common, ebay provides buyer and seller protection and new sellers showing up with items costing three figures result in additional verification to help ebay limit exposure to fraud..

It's not surprising nor odd and applies to many items that are >$100 USD for new accounts and is definitely not limited to Bitcoin...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:34:12 AM

If you sell high dollar items as a new account this is common.  Once verified with ebay/paypal chances are the will let you sell it with no problem.
mustangy

Activity: 333
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:19:17 AM

ught same story at 2017
they are asking invoice from bitmain and to many ridiculous questions. Like why wire transfer at statement not same amount and she dont get that wire goes bitmain less than we sent bitcoin the rest of amount.
bitmain never sent paper invoices but ebay do not understand.

always have antminers and psu for sale please dm
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:24:49 PM

I have sold 10 miners on ebay before no problem if your account has good history.
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:31:20 PM

new account + BTC related item.... yup
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: