Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MZC] MazaCoin *National Currency of the Traditional Lakota Nation* | NEW THREAD  (Read 53374 times)
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:52:52 AM

I  do not think multipool is important at this time. You can buy Maza from any profits you make mining. The Cloak Multipool shut down because it was not profitable and There are few coins that have as much hype/excitement as Cloak.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:38:13 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 04:36:49 PM by guruvan

I  do not think multipool is important at this time. You can buy Maza from any profits you make mining. The Cloak Multipool shut down because it was not profitable and There are few coins that have as much hype/excitement as Cloak.

Most multipools either mine with little to no concern for the networks they mine, OR they are there to provide "market protection" for speculators invested in the coin. This results in aggressive mine&dumping by those pools. We don't particularly think that multipools like this are much more than a short term phenomenon, as such. However, there is definitely some call for miners to be able to work with the gear they have, or the networks that perform well with their gear, and get paid in their coin of choice.

From multipools to p2pool:

I am pleased to note that we have seen our first global peer connected on the p2pool-maza network! We run two nodes to ensure a minimum for the network:

Peers connect to either:
p2pool.maza.club:14476

Or, We'll make our other node publicly available later today at
p2pool-2.maza.club:14476

If you'd like to mine on our nodes, point your workers at port 14477. There are no fees - just enjoy your maza!
Stats are available on the worker port or https://maza.club/p2pool

To encourage more miners to connect to the global p2pool-maza network, ShastaFarEye Prospectors MazaClub is going to send out hashrate milestone bonuses to p2pool miners. You need not mine on our nodes to receive a bonus!
One was sent today https://mazacha.in/tx/24c288122a7e28930d6858e086b424044c0382dede2aae0b57848ed28de42710
Another one will be sent when the (global) p2pool-maza network hashrate sustains 2TH/s for 7 days.

Please let us know if you have any trouble connecting to the global network, or are experiencing performance issues as we've configured the network. We'll get it resolved!.

Skirmant & owlhooter - maybe it would be a good thing to drop this p2pool code up on one of your two main maza repos? (also, maybe you could list the p2pool info, and ShastaFarEye's node and PPS pool in the OP?)

Mathgamain

Activity: 577

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Hi u all

The mzc logo I have been working on is starting to shape up. Here are the links

http://www.animation.fi/mzc_medium.jpg
http://www.animation.fi/mzc_small.jpg

Tell me what u think Maza Warriors and we can make it even better

- Tomis3000

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:44:15 PM

Looks amazing!!  Smiley

It's not very often that you find a great coin for only a few Satoshi. Seriously, people are morons if they don't buy MazaCoin!

Bravo on the logo!!
guruvan

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:57:30 PM

Very nice!

The buffalo horns represent the success of the hunt. IMO this should be more obvious and prevalent in the design, BUT, I really like the notion of stylizing them so the put forth more of an M
  - if this stylized horns/M put some turned up serifs on the ends or near the ends of the horns, it would make a nice MMMMMoney symbol.

It's not clear to me who designed the original, and why the specific color wheel was chosen. There are several different traditions, some placing black in the south, some in the west, some in the north.

In a quick check of Oglala Lakota tradition, I find typically black to be in the West. http://warehouse.olc.edu/local_links/grad_studies/?where=local_links/grad_studies/ is one such example. Here are a couple more:

divlyfein

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:32:13 PM

Hi u all

- Tomis3000

Looks incredible! Nice work! I think it is miles better than the current one.
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:35:06 AM

Hi u all

- Tomis3000

Hmmmm, not convinced yet.
Gabe

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:46:33 PM

I saw an interesting article on Mazacoin, must read!! The Next Cryptocurrency Investment: Mazacoin
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:47:09 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 01:38:55 PM by Mathgamain

Thanks to everyone for the feedback (mzc logo).

"if this stylized horns/M put some turned up serifs on the ends or near the ends of the horns, it would make a nice MMMMMoney symbol"
Guruvan

Could u draw a picture what u meant by the modification of M letter, I would be happy to make such version (u can also PM me).

guruvan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:23:59 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 04:20:44 PM by guruvan

I saw an interesting article on Mazacoin, must read!! The Next Cryptocurrency Investment: Mazacoin

This is pretty cool, if a little in need of proofreading. Very well stated on the "sovereign currency" issue.

"if this stylized horns/M put some turned up serifs on the ends or near the ends of the horns, it would make a nice MMMMMoney symbol"
Guruvan

Could u draw a picture what u meant by the modification of M letter, I would be happy to make such version (u can also PM me).

Sure can. I'll try to get that done today. I came up with the idea playing with the CSS for mazacha.in - I had a copy of the Mazacoin logo set right underneath the "mazacha.in" on the navbar header, right under the "m' - the current horns are very close, but need some little tick so to be an "m" like we have $ and BTC

On the subject of mazacha.in - we've pushed an update to the site. This should be faster, easier to use and read.Please let us know what you think. (We still have a few cosmetic details to iron out, especially to improve your mobile experience.)  

Also, FYI, I sent a mail to contact@mazacoin.org attempting to get in touch with Payu. ShastaFarEye has a good deal of professional networking experience on our team, including one member who currently also runs a commercial wireless internet provider in Montana. We would like to solve some of the objections raised toward mazacoin by providing some labor, expertise, and equipment to build out a wifi network in Pine Ridge.

dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:25:20 PM

Guys if you dump this thing at volume along 20-30 Sats I'm gunna take a bath and move to 1 Million too thin on the sheets now send em to Cryptsy LOL

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
guruvan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:51:21 PM

Well, maybe it didn't work as well with the horns turned up, but we brainstormed and one of our team (@mannnabanana) came up with this:

Just a little addition, similar to how the CNY symbol looks, would be easily integrated into a primary logo, and easily left out for more styled personalized maza logos.

And, the important aspect to me is that  the "m" we use on the primary logo, the "m" we use for the money symbol, and the "m" in mazacoin are the same Smiley  Also, something like the above is very easily written by hand.

Maza means money. We should capitalize on this.

dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:33:21 PM

Well, maybe it didn't work as well with the horns turned up, but we brainstormed and one of our team (@mannnabanana) came up with this:

Just a little addition, similar to how the CNY symbol looks, would be easily integrated into a primary logo, and easily left out for more styled personalized maza logos.

And, the important aspect to me is that  the "m" we use on the primary logo, the "m" we use for the money symbol, and the "m" in mazacoin are the same Smiley  Also, something like the above is very easily written by hand.

Maza means money. We should capitalize on this.
+1  Cool Nice logo

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 07:41:57 AM

Guruvan - this is brilliant, I will implement this M letter to the coin design. Great!

- Tomis3000

guruvan

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

Thanks guys!! We'll be quick to put updated logos on all our sites and social media accounts.

We're working on a version of the rest of "mazacoin" to go with the "m"  - specifically to be used for "mazacoin accepted here" emblems.

This is the one we found on Mazatalk

We were thinking to integrate the Maza Money M (and medicine wheel)

• a little larger than the rest of the word, then,
  • change the font to match that "m" more,
          (more cursive looking, rounder, fuller more like buffalo horns, somewhat pre-raphaelite with the Z and the I suggesting Corn....
  • retain the forward slant, and
  • gradiate the word from white to yellow to black on the "n"
And then put the "Accepted here" in the remaining space.

We're doing these by hand, and don't really have the graphic design/photoshop gear available
(well, really @BannanaLotus - Manna Banana is, I'm just making suggestions!)

So, it's not much "money" at this time, but we've put an in-house maza bounty on this work, let's extend that. We like to see interaction, not just product, so @mazaclubMZC will pay 1-10K maza for each verified merchant-use sighting of the new logo, and 100K for the completed "accepted here' sign - which I think we can agree is "accepted by the community" once it's on...5 merchants OR the mazacoin.org site. (who wants a bounty on reworking mazacoin.org?! - We'll put your completed work on mazachain.org for everyone to see, and mirror mazacoin.org once it's there.)

• we've put up a new Twitter account for all things maza Smiley @mazaclubMZC
  • We'll keep our self promotion to a minimum, not repeat our ads daily
  • We'll kickdown maza for quality maza-related links/tweets sent in DM on twitter or to news@maza.club << I'll set that up today.
  • We'll start running some maza giveaways shortly - please send some ideas.
     -"Follow us to enter" is kinda lame, RT to enter, even more so. Interactive, and actively spreading the maza message is what we want
  • We'll also run hashpower giveaway promotions!

We're working on a deal that will give us a surplus of SHA256d mining power. Contact us at info@shastafareye.net or info@maza.club if you're interested in a mining contract. We'll offer you Hourly, Daily and Weekly rates, over-delivery of hash, and rapid fulfillment. We'll also offer spot market pricing for hash power. At this time, our fulfillment isn't automated, but we can deliver multiple THs to your pool of choice fairly quickly. Of course, your contract will come with 0% fee mining on ShastaFarEye or maza.club pools. And, we'll likely offer discounts from standard market rates if you're mining maza, even if you mine at other pools! Since we don't have any formal programs in place, everything is negotiable Smiley

guruvan

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:10:13 PM

Here is a post from the latest p2pool-maza node! We'd be stoked to see some more hash on this node (as much as we like it on our own!)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695782.msg7859651#msg7859651

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 05:28:16 PM

Hi u all

- Tomis3000

I like it very much, but this version looks more like a real world coin, are you also going to make a version of this that looks more like a symbol/icon too?
Because that's where this graphic will later be used most, in symbol/icon form on marketcap sites, exchanges and pools.
So symbol/icon character is very important at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, the way you developped this graphic would make it perfect for a high budget video that is marketing mazacoin, ...

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

I think Mathgamain /Tomis3000 work is great - professional , high quality, stylish, bold, - could do with his work all over this, website  etc -  the old logo and website pure amature rubbish, the two pieces I have seen Tomi do are thousands of times better.   

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 07:31:02 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 07:42:28 PM by Mathgamain

Hi everybody and thank u for the feedback again, yes I will provide a whole set of graphics for Maza Coin logo (2d symbol/icon and 3d version).

I will just fine tune the M letter, I really like the Guruvans/mannabananas version

- Tomis3000

guruvan

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:00:05 PM

OK, we have another handdrawn piece - a full mazacoin with more of the pseudo-symbols (corn in the Z to A) I was talking about. needs more definition to work, maybe some hints of green, but hopefully it's enough to make the idea more clear.
again the artwork by @BananaLotus.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: