Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is dogecoin dead?  (Read 1771 times)
r1973 (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

Is it worth investing time and money in this alt? Dogecoin...
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:45:35 PM

every alt coin implies a risk. if you can't take it don't do it. nobody will guarantee you anything in the cryptoworld.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
zeta1

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:49:46 PM

every alt coin implies a risk. if you can't take it don't do it. nobody will guarantee you anything in the cryptoworld.

Same goes for bitcoin ofcourse...
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:55:28 PM

Is it worth investing time and money in this alt? Dogecoin...

Its big pump and dump cycle is over. Maybe there will be other, but it makes more sense to pick something looks to be the hot property right then.

As far as 'dead' goes as long as it is being mined its alive.

Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

Dogecoin is definitely not dead. Do you mean the market valuation? If so, it may be your definition of "dead." Dead coins don't have any users or miners. Dogecoin has both of those and in large numbers. Anyway as I said, if you're only looking for investments, then yeah Dogecoin may be dead.
r1973 (OP)

Activity: 191

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:10:32 PM

Dogecoin is definitely not dead. Do you mean the market valuation? If so, it may be your definition of "dead." Dead coins don't have any users or miners. Dogecoin has both of those and in large numbers. Anyway as I said, if you're only looking for investments, then yeah Dogecoin may be dead.

What can i do with 100 or 1000 dogecoins?
Buo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:23:34 PM

The same story happened when the value dropped to 25 satoshis after the first bubble.
When the price jumped again, all people said "Why I haven't bought when they were so cheap!"...

TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:38:25 PM

The Dogecoin community is very alive and vibrant. Not sure where you are getting the whole "dead" thing from.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
adsactly

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:40:55 PM

The Fact here is people still haven't woken up to realize the FACT that FIAT Currency is Dead however ALL Crypto Currencies can't be Killed!

Do you want to be the FIRST to Know about New Cryptocurrency Projects and New Inventions that could potentially change the world for the better?

Join ADSactly Discord the Decentralized Community of Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts and New Comers.

http://discord.me/adsactly
Limpuls

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:52:50 PM

What for more if not for investment? Whatever I will buy it  and will be hoping more expensive soon
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

What for more if not for investment? Whatever I will buy it  and will be hoping more expensive soon

How about using it to buy stuff like crypto's are intended to be used as?

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

Dogecoin's doing great, still the largest and most active community,
with close to 85 Billion now mined, the supply of coins dumped to market is decreasing fast, so long term it looks good, and i think it'll start rising again soon...
Limpuls

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

How about using it to buy stuff like crypto's are intended to be used as?
If buy something with crypto, then not with this shit Cheesy maybe later, but not now. I should get abou 30k dogecoins to buy case for my phone. And that would be same thing if I would pay for that with dogecoin or with USD. If dogecoin price will grow, then that will be the same thing like investment. I would pay for thing less money, coz I have dogecoin or I would sold it and get my moneys much more than I had.before.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:34:29 PM

Its by no means dead, its got lots of vibrant users and great market penetration. The hick-up is the dev(s) who seem to have hippy, green communist ideas and so make it extremely hostile for investments. Mining is bad for environment..... statements like a doge is a doge......  
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Doge managed to do really well, but it's had its time.

The problem it has is that it was a joke that worked, but that joke is now old, and nobody new wants too get onboard a ship that looks to be heading further down.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:49:11 PM

the coin is not dead unless you cannot get nodes when you connect your wallet and no one is mining it

the coin has some $$ behind it or they never would have been able to sustain the fake buy ordeers to buy back there coins from people on so many exchanges for several weeks,  either they ran out of cash and the pump and dump is over or they cycle will repeat

the main problem with this coin is it's poor design, short block times are not stable , especially at higher hash rates

the code 'originally' i think was just cloned from a pretty dead scrypt 1024 coin called junk coin

it has forked several times and had to be repaired with 'mandatory' updates

also somewhere i think they changed the number of coins to be produced to have no upper limit so even if it was well designed, being run honestly it's value would never out pace inflation or other economic factors over time with a supply of coins to infinity

there are a lot of alt coins and i suspect 95% of them will fail or probably not even be around in a year

if you are looking for an alternative to bitcoin to invest in or mine chose wisely.

I look for a foundation of strong  , knowledgable developers in a coin first. Next I look for a stable , secure blockchain before I invest anything.

I also get turned off by any developer promising thier coin is betterr or the best because of xyz and it is going to the moon.

This is bull.  If your coin is really great people will mine it, they will tell others about it and it should need little or no 'marketing' at all.

I feel marketing is ramming something down the throat of the public.

If it is really such a great thing that should not be necessary although it may take several years to get noticed.

Certainly skip doge, it is still alive in that many people are mining it since they have been 'led to believe' it is the next best thing.

It is in fact one of the worst coins out there and I usually try to stay positive but I am sick of hearing about this coin.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

Dogecoin will NEVER be dead. Which the huge community behind it there is just no chance it will ever die, at least anytime soon. My suggestion is to buy and HODL.

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
BestofSR

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:19:51 PM

LOL!

"Every dog has its day, to die."

Sorry, but the same joke cant be funny forever....

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VqdA2ZZWSTn6UCfCHyDjmTuA3WeToPPa9k
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

There is no doubt that doge was started as a joke and so I agree the code had some holes and the whole coin was not well thought out. 

However, it does have a good community and some support so I think it will be a survivor from this huge crop of alt coins.  However, I doubt it will ever be worth much in terms of BTC as it just has Too Many Coins.  With no limit on the total number I don't see any big rise in store for it.  Without a big rise in price attention will slowly drift away.  It does have a block reward reduction coming up in July, so maybe that will help it, but for speculation and huge returns I fear doge's best days are behind it.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

Cryptocurrency in general is about to get a huge shake.

Bitcoin will survive, Litecoin will survive, probably Peercoin, and maybe one or two of the new breed.

The rest have to find niches or they will die.

A coin a day being introduced eats market share, and there are few alts that I would consider putting money into for more than a week or two.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: