Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:30:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New centibitcoin wallets  (Read 1385 times)
prospectus (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

Hi all,

With 1 BTC having recently been hovering at around $1000, I believe that most people outside the bitcoin commumity are confused and put off with using values such as this because the average layman finds it difficult to work outside of whole figures.

Therefore, I propose the use of centibitcoin wallets so that the bitcoin values are far more easier to understand for members of the public - as 1 cBTC would only be worth around $6 at the time of posting. This is a far more manageable sum considering the fact that many people are reluctant to deal with large sums such as the $1000 value a bitcoin recently was for fear of losing it somehow. The analogy here is that most people would not want to take a $1000 bill to the mall and the same, I believe, is true of bitcoins.

Bitcoin wallets could thus be used for savings and centibitcoin wallets used for shopping ( and even a millibitcoin wallet for tipping/donating on forums, etc).

Can the bitcoin community please release such wallets as this will only benefit the community as a whole.

That's my 2 cents worth .......... but what do you guys think?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: