Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:26:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The boring flat days of bitcoin! How do you feel?  (Read 1283 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:35:20 PM

I came to this space while bitcoin was literally at its highest, but sort of sucked into all the nice things into crypto world after that..

Now its been 7 months and now am witnessing the boring flat days of bitcoin prices with no steep increase..

But when i look at the historical charts from 2010, i wonder how all those early adopters went through all these horizontal flat days which lasted sometimes like for  8 months or an year..

anyway, patience is the key to success.

How do you feel with the price stagnating for a long time?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:47:37 PM

each person is different

1. some begin concentrating on our shelved bitcoin businesses/idea's as the day trading slows down

2. others ride a spreads of a few altcoins for their standard 1%-5% daily profits (only the small holders)

3. some go back to their weed smoking forums

4. and the rest spend more time waffling on this forum

im 1+4 and a little bit of 2.. just for fun (playing with pennies to keep the trading skills alive until im ready to put the hoard back into bitcoin exchanges)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:55:41 PM

Ranging markets means prices are getting stable and less volatile. Well at the moment, it is not good for us if bitcoin doesn't appreciate in value, but if you think about it this way. If bitcoin prices are more stable and less volatile, you would see more and more businesses starting to accept bitcoin, inducing a higher demand in days to come. Trading volume would thicken. 2015 would be an exciting year, the year where you will see more and more major brands starting to take on bitcoin. Bitpay would definitely benefit alot from this, they have an excellent business model.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:05:45 PM

each person is different

1. some begin concentrating on our shelved bitcoin businesses/idea's as the day trading slows down

2. others ride a spreads of a few altcoins for their standard 1%-5% daily profits (only the small holders)

3. some go back to their weed smoking forums

4. and the rest spend more time waffling on this forum

im 1+4 and a little bit of 2.. just for fun (playing with pennies to keep the trading skills alive until im ready to put the hoard back into bitcoin exchanges)

+1
karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:05:51 PM

im kinda new to bitcoin but I already love it. I am not mining ATM but would love to get a nice miner soon.

I had people trying to pay me with bitcoin back when it was worth about $16 per coin and they would have gave me about 5 BTC for a membership on my site.....wish i took it  Undecided

oh well, gotta get in some time.

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:19:26 PM

business work on annual update ... you MUST wait until to 2015 for bitcoin integration.
september/october are good months for financial crash, too  Grin

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:22:48 PM

Skyrocketing prices are definitely more exciting, but if you have big money invested, you definitely want to see slow, stable, sustainable growth instead. Maybe not the slow part, but the key is sustainable growth. Rapid price hikes are always followed by sharp corrections.
rext

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:35:19 PM

yeap stable growth always attracts long-term investors
DRK

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

These days are not boring or flat at all... if anyone makes a bet the price will be what it is in 3 weeks time they'd be crazy. BTC price behaviour acts irrationally all the time imo lol..
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

As a new person to the bitcoin universe I rather like the slow growth. They will be much harder to come by when price ramps way up.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:59:00 PM

These days are not boring or flat at all... if anyone makes a bet the price will be what it is in 3 weeks time they'd be crazy. BTC price behaviour acts irrationally all the time imo lol..

time is just an illusion.. whenever a microsoft installer tells you 20 minutes to go, its always 30minutes. whenever a fibre optic download says 30 minutes it's usually 3.

and when bitcoin trading is slow, its because there is only 10% price change, not 5000%, some people think a 10% change in a week ($590-$650) is slow, some people think it is fast.

i personally think its slow as i have lived through the litecoin jumps of 2c-$20, lived through the bitcoin jumps of $6-$20, $20-70, $70-$220, $220-$1200.
so these last few months of $430-$460, medium movement up to $650 and slow again back in the late 500's

unless i see more then a 40% jump, its a slowday

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:32:04 PM

pretty bored, but also waiting impatiently for the price to rise once again.

It would be the first time for me to make a lot of profit on bitcoin.

Skyrocketing prices are definitely more exciting, but if you have big money invested, you definitely want to see slow, stable, sustainable growth instead. Maybe not the slow part, but the key is sustainable growth. Rapid price hikes are always followed by sharp corrections.

oh really?

Tell me more about how facebook lost millions of users after having a growth spurt of a million new users a day in 2012.

It's natural for a new technology to grow exponentially.
TopherB

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:25:15 PM

oh really?

Tell me more about how facebook lost millions of users after having a growth spurt of a million new users a day in 2012.

I don't see the correlation between users (of a free service at that) and rapid price hikes. Were you trying to equate growth in user base to company value as refutation of the boom and bust cycle? If so, one has nothing to do with the other.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:48:23 PM

Pretty boring here. My stash is just sitting there and not moving.
I guess other matters will be attended to in the meantime.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:52:14 PM

Its good for all of us.   Bitch slaps us back into reality / submission.  Its the universe saying "Chill the fk out.  Stop being weird.  Relax."

And I willingly correct my expectations.

The result?  I start focusing on my business more and trying to make money the old fashioned way.  Growing the business.  Hard work.  Because I need some financial results now.

I may be rich in 5 years but in the meantime I have to live life.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
mysidia

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

My answer personally....  is  I feel really good with the price stagnating for a long time.

First of all....  less volatility means less discouragement for people to adopt.

Second of all.....  it means more opportunities and time to find capital for buying in more BTC  and thinking about possible Bitcoin-related business(es) to experiment,  or play with,    before it becomes more mainstream, and regulators invade to break up the party.

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:08:46 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 08:28:37 AM by zimmah

oh really?

I don't see the correlation between users (of a free service at that) and rapid price hikes. Were you trying to equate growth in user base to company value as refutation of the boom and bust cycle? If so, one has nothing to do with the other.

Of course it has to do with each other, and in more than one way

1) more users means it's a more legitimate currency. As all currency gains value the more people recognize it's value. Hence, more bitcoin users means a more valuable bitcoin. (The same holds true for fiat and even gold)

2) there's a limited supply of bitcoin. For every user who wants to store money in bitcoin, the
Price needs to be higher, otherwise there is not enough for everyone.

3) more users (companies) also means you can spend bitcoins more easily, thus making them more wanted as an actual currency.

Now, do you really think that many people who have tried bitcoin will quit bitcoin and return to fiat? I doubt it.
Therefore, every single new user of bitcoin will eventually drive the price up. Not much at first, but in the medium to long run (once they fully grasp it) they will.

It's logical to assume we are at a point where we never had so many bitcoin users, but the price is much lower than half a year ago. Therefore the price is undervalued (more people, but a lower total value), and the next "correction" will be a correction to match the value to the amount of people. In other words we will have an upwards correction. Otherwise known as a growth spurt (or bubble).

Of course a growth that rapid will always overshoot due to greed, but that's fine, as it will still be higher than it was before. And during those growth spurts bitcoin gets a lot more attention from the media and many new investors.

It's a pretty interesting cycle really:

1) bitcoin price surges for some reason
2) more people will buy bitcoin (and media attention)
3) bitcoin price rises even more
4) bitcoin price collapses because it overshoot
5) new people stop coming for a while, bitcoin enters a bear market
6) bitcoin is undervalued (low price compared to number of users)
7) bitcoin price will rise again due to this pressure from all the new members (repeat)

Also: metcalfes law
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:56:07 AM

Fiat exchange value may be temporarily flat, but adoption rate and business investment are both exploding. When evaluating an investment opportunity, you want to look at the driving trends, not the trailing consequences.

Value follows adoption and business-building, not the other way around. If you're paying attention to reality, you're bullish as hell.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
mubashir

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

In this period I am spending more time on work to save more fiat to convert in bitcoins. Cheesy
rext

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

In this period I am spending more time on work to save more fiat to convert in bitcoins. Cheesy
sounds like a plan dude.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: