Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Involved - Real World Usage: Events and Festivals  (Read 1493 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 01:05:29 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 01:49:17 PM by coinsolidation

We (Project Bitmark) have a unique opportunity to prove all elements of Crypto Currency and Marking at a series of established events and festivals.  Two small regular venues are available for us to test over the coming months, with the first large event in Summer 2015, 5-10k people per day expected to attend.  The systems will then be matured through a series of larger events, with a view to provide a cashless system for the European Capital of Culture 2018 in Leeuwarden.  This is an area with 750k and a further 2-3 million are expected to attend.

If anybody is interested in helping us plan for and test please message myself, Este Nuno, or medic for an invite to our real time working area on slack.  Some other projects such as ORA have already agreed to help.

To have real world end to end testing in semi controlled environments will surely do much to advance our combined goals.

Thank You.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:47:38 PM

Real people using cryptocurrency (many of them for the first time most likely) will be an amazing thing to see. Slowly easing people in to the new financial reality like this is a great way to get regular people familiar with what we are trying to do.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 06:33:49 PM

I think people are used to posts like this being unfounded.

We have some specification and introduction documents to plan and finish before a meeting with the CEO and Board of a company who organizes the aforementioned events.

The meeting is on the 5th of November.  Please, if you have any time to contribute get in contact, there is a huge amount to do between now and May 2015 when we need to have full end to ends ready and working for test usage.  Between now and then there are regular small venues available to test the technologies.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:30:22 PM

Good bloody idea.
Heres my take on it , from a few weeks ago:
https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/nxt-branding-at-europe%27s-biggest-music-festival/msg56346/#msg56346

If anyone has any doubts about Coinsolidation's ability to get shit done:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.0

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:43:31 PM

Good bloody idea.
Heres my take on it , from a few weeks ago:
https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/nxt-branding-at-europe%27s-biggest-music-festival/msg56346/#msg56346

If anyone has any doubts about Coinsolidation's ability to get shit done:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.0

EvilDave, we're taking roughly the same approach.  Marking is all done off chain, microtrusted instant transactions.  We're looking at thermal printed wristbands currently, qr/bar/custom coded, scan to load up with marks, scan at checkouts to pay for things, mobile apps to augment the experience to mark acts/artists, transfer marks between people you meet, tip staff etc.  Also considering temporary branded tattoo's for such events, nobody can steal a tattoo on your arm.

The simplest, fastest, most cost effective approach is ideal.

Many other uses have been considered, for instance live beer score boards, based on marks received, or number bought, or both.  This opens up more things like betting on which will win.  Carry this on to acts, live voting on acts showing at the same time, feedback walls, marking the staff and volunteers at events.  All of these are "nice to haves", the basic load and pay use cases are the most critical first.  Crypto-Currency has the advantage of being re-usable, instant, cheaper to account and can't be stolen like physical tokens.

Finally, thank you for the compliment, but there are many other people also driving project bitmark forward, with or without my input.  It's a team effort, a team anybody is welcome to be a part of.

EvilDave - all the events are in NL - and we have contacts at the major NL music events, and worldwide through the music side (ADE, tomorrowland, ultra) they are watching real world festival progress closely and adopting marking online already.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:52:49 AM

It is always good to see that more and more companies or some other thing involving usage of cypros.

Hope to see this involving even more.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:59:51 PM

Unique opportunity to be involved in 3 million+ people using crypto currency... nothing major.  Anybody?

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

Unique opportunity to be involved in 3 million+ people using crypto currency... nothing major.  Anybody?

I've been finding the enthusiasm of Bitcointalk users even lower than I could have possibly imagined when it comes to doing anything other than talking shit about something. Cheesy

One thing I'm certain of is that Bitcointalk is definitely not going to be an important part in the future of cryptocurrency.
kora2

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:28:39 AM

I think this is the MOST exciting crypto project I've seen in a long time. What crypto needs at the moment is real world uses that appeal to regular people. This current  'events' project, and Bitmark and  'marking'  generally are projects that will help spread adoption for ALL crypto. We need to support this!

Come on people, if you count yourself as a crypto supporter consider what team Bitmark  is doing here and show some enthusiasm!

This project will benefit every viable crypto project indirectly!
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:58:04 AM

How can i help?  Grin

bleexrossignol

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

good initiative