Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly lab Monarch development Scam  (Read 2363 times)
seantab (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:57:28 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 08:37:16 PM by seantab

Couple days ago when I questioned Josh aka Slok (his other BFL forum ID) to provide solid proof that there is an actual Monarch development, they simply banned me from their forum.  I have been very civil and professional on my questions, but thats not a right way to communicate with bunch of scam artist.

Here are my logic that Butterfly Labs has major scam up their sleeves.  They received approximately $100 Million total orders for Monarch during Aug 2013- current date of Jun 22.  They advertised Monarch production worthy in 2-3 month and year later those figures has not changed.  They have not furnished any solid proof of development.  The grainy videos, photos are just for a show and can be forged.  They haven't assigned appropriate resources to develop monarches.  Which means the Board members pocket significant sum of $100M and perhaps placed couple of monkeys in the lab with hammer to pretend there is some development which we have not see anything yet.

Butterfly labs board members directly involved in Scam:
"Nasser Ghoseiri" , "Jeff Ownby", "Josh Zerlan", "Sonny Vleisides", "Jody Drake", "Dave McClain", "Marc Goodpasture"

Wouldn't it be illegal to intentionally mislead customer to believe production is around 2-3 month away if the business knows its much farther away and or there no actual development? Anyone familiar with law could recommend best approach to deal with such cockroaches such Josh, Nasser, and his minions?  

Also watch out for BFL board minions misleading posts as their job is to deceive public and cause delay publicizing their scams.

Code:
#scammer #ponsischeme #bitcoin #scam #ButterflyLabs #Bitcoinscams

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hallchr

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:22:05 PM

Thanks for that, latest up date is...... I will update you when I get to a hotel, Josh is possibly on a plane to hong kong at the moment
seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:31:28 PM

They can ban me as much as they want, I have several other IDs that I use for BFL to keep an eye on these BFL Butterfly Labs roaches specially on  "Josh Zerlan" who moderate the forum under Slok and BFL_Josh and "Nasser Ghoseiri" who also uses Slok login on occasion.

I saw Josh note he is on plan, but using bitcoin conference as excuse to hide money.
hallchr

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

weird how Slok and Josh are both not on the forums at the same time
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:43:42 PM

Anyone who fell for their Monarch card obviously did not look into BFL enough to see that 1 year prior to that BFL was scamming their customers  investors by taking their money and delaying shipments of ASICs that they likely mine with for themselves for personal profit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:14:39 PM

Completely agree.  As someone who fell in their trap, I saw they produced the nice working singles, however what I overlooked was significant duration of time it took them to build one. And just realized recently these scam artists allocated only a tiny fraction of percentage of the funds to do actual development which explains the delays.

What bothers me, the later issue haven't brought up by BFL senior customers or if it has, I havent seen it anywhere.  What this means is, Butterfly Labs instead of stealing all the money, they steal 99% of the funds and allocate lets say 1% to actual development.  I am not a law expert, but this I am sure considered scam by any judge.  Specially when they intentionally project production as being away only 2-3 month while they know well its much farther away considering insufficient resources.

For those newbies who looking to invest with Butterfly labs, here are the names of scam artist board of directors you should be Googling for: "Nasser Ghoseiri" , "Jeff Ownby", "Josh Zerlan", "Sonny Vleisides". 

I dont have that much skin in the game other than a card, but I really expect seasoned bitcoin miners who also invested more with these Butterfly lab clowns be more vocal and help community exposing them more actively instead of being quite.

hallchr

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:47:32 PM

Can you explain to me why you demand a date and I tell you I don't want to give a date, but you keep demanding a date then I give you one and we miss the date and you then get made because we missed the date?

Just for the record, this is the last time I will give a date for anything. It will be ready when it's ready. I'm tired of the complaints not giving dates then complaints about missed dates after I reluctantly try to give an estimate as to a time frame.

It's ready when it's ready. That's the answer from now on. When anyone asks for a date, the answer is "It's ready when it's ready." There is, quite literally, no other answer from this point forward. So next time you post asking for a date, just go ahead and fill in the blank with "It's ready when it's ready." and we can save ourselves the time and trouble of the back and for demanding of dates I simply don't have.

Joshs quote from tonight!!

Its no longer RSN its "Ready when its ready"
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:12:12 AM

Can you explain to me why you demand a date and I tell you I don't want to give a date, but you keep demanding a date then I give you one and we miss the date and you then get made because we missed the date?

Just for the record, this is the last time I will give a date for anything. It will be ready when it's ready. I'm tired of the complaints not giving dates then complaints about missed dates after I reluctantly try to give an estimate as to a time frame.

It's ready when it's ready. That's the answer from now on. When anyone asks for a date, the answer is "It's ready when it's ready." There is, quite literally, no other answer from this point forward. So next time you post asking for a date, just go ahead and fill in the blank with "It's ready when it's ready." and we can save ourselves the time and trouble of the back and for demanding of dates I simply don't have.

The funny thing he failed to mention is that in their original posting of their monarch preorder they gave a pretty solid date time frame.

They missed that and failed on their own.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:31:53 AM

LOL so RSN turned into RWIR.
If anyone noticed on BFL site forum thread that Welshminer started asking whether or not anyone got email about cloudmining, there are many new account users stating they got their email, but I dont see any posting from trusted senior accounts the ones that has 49er label state or confirmed they got their emails.  I suspect now that Josh's and his slugs caught red handed with their BS nonexistent Monarch updates, he probably asked bunch of his lab rats to create BFL accounts (or he and Nasser created bunch of account on their own forum) stating fake claims of receiving BFL cloudming emails. Just to keep angry customers in holding pattern from asking/cancelling their orders.

BFL forum is literally dead, since they started banning and censoring legitimate customers and their questions.  Customers such as myself who paid them real money, and after almost 6 month when I ask them to show me real proof of development, I get Banned.  I never insulted or was rude, simply asked for solid proof of work.  Oh well I have 10 different accounts so I can keep an eye on their forum anyways.  Josh if you see this, keep on Banning.  It be matter of time I show up with court order with police at your door step. You and Nasser both Smiley  its RSN I mean RWIR
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:12:57 AM

someone should count all the BFL scam threads....
so much scam.. so much money...
so little recourse Sad

hallchr

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:11:30 AM

I have requested a refund after taking legal advice in the UK, might need a CRN ( crime reference number ) that way it escalates, also intend to take my single PSU to Trading standards who do safety checks on consumer kit in the UK to see if its legal
seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

The least we can do is to expose them and have authorities launch their investigation. Unfortunately its lose lose situation and takes long time.  I dont know when would I see the refund or anything, but I started escalating this to FBI and Kansas police.  However neither KC police or FBI contacted me for more details or evidence.  But I just started so I don't know, but I wont stop exposing this clowns.  What bothers me the most is, their victims are some of the brightest people in the planet.  I don't have much skin in the game only $2k . I know its a lot but not as much as many of my virtual BFL forum friends who are heavily invested and these folks are great people.  thats why I am so pissed off at BFL clowns, and continue exposing them anytime I get a chance but based on facts.  these BFL bozos rob their own mother if they get a chance.

someone should count all the BFL scam threads....
so much scam.. so much money...
so little recourse Sad
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:26:35 PM

Judge: Sonny Vleisides, I have hundreds, if not thousands of complaints by your customers demanding a refund or the miners delivered. What do you have to say to that?

Sonny: Your Honor. It's ready when it's ready!

Judge: Very funny, but seriously?

Sonny: I was serious. What part of 'it's ready when it's ready' don't you understand.

Judge: I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice. Two more years probation and $100 fine. Dismissed!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:53:04 PM

I hope Kansas Police and their judge is smarter than that when it comes to sentensing.  BFL fraud once proven is federal and international.  Who knows maybe "Nasser Ghoseiri" BFL CEO is tied to Irans government too.  Per his facebook he had many visits there. Zosh Zerlan and Nasser Ghoseiri are as crook as they get.  They would sell their mother if they could.

Judge: Sonny Vleisides, I have hundreds, if not thousands of complaints by your customers demanding a refund or the miners delivered. What do you have to say to that?

Sonny: Your Honor. It's ready when it's ready!

Judge: Very funny, but seriously?

Sonny: I was serious. What part of 'it's ready when it's ready' don't you understand.

Judge: I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice. Two more years probation and $100 fine. Dismissed!
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:40:53 AM

I know that Josh does, but does Sonny or Nasser have an account on this forum?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:18:53 AM

You should of course consider yes they do.  They probably have several accounts here and else where so they can respond to their own questions as a fake fan or fake claim.  And I hope they see all these posts as they read my twitter posts for them.  Cant wait to see their deer in a headlight look when they see me face to face.

I know that Josh does, but does Sonny or Nasser have an account on this forum?
seantab (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:13:09 PM

Sorry but you hardly going to mine either.  If bought by CC what prevents you from mining for a month and returning back to vendor for refund and repeat the cycle?  Unfortunately because of fast raising difficulty, this pre-order phenomenon created.  Right now you can buy BFL 10 GHS miner from Walmart but that wont do jack in terms of mining and literally obsolete. But you can return it back in less than two weeks.

Here is one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butterfly-Labs-Bitcoin-Miner-10-GH-S-Processor-USB-2.0-BF0010G/34952957

However finding trusted mining manufacture who actually fund their engineering team to develop a miner is hard, unlike the BFL clowns pocketing 99% of funds and allocate less than 1% to development.  That is why it takes eons for them to build anything, and that is called stealing.  But they dont care, you are talking about $100 Millions here.

I am never buying a miner with anything but a credit card due to this sort of thing. Many mining companies do this, because customers cant get their money back even if they want to.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:16:24 AM

I have requested a refund after taking legal advice in the UK, might need a CRN ( crime reference number ) that way it escalates, also intend to take my single PSU to Trading standards who do safety checks on consumer kit in the UK to see if its legal

In the UK, they're legally obliged to give a full refund (so no admin costs etc) within 7 days as per the Distance Selling Act and the Consumer Protection Act.
You can get a full refund for upto 7 days AFTER you have received the goods (yes, you have to send them back obviously).

IIRC BFL offer refunds with 30-45 days (which would be illegal in the UK as is their 'All sales are final' policy).
Yep, the UK has some pretty good consumer protection. Unlike the US, where you generally give up the right to sue in court as part of the terms of service Roll Eyes
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:28:45 AM

Why did you go with BFL ?
I'm like to get into the mind of a scamee, i.e the person getting scammed.. if thats the right term heh..

I have a lot of question's.

seantab (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:38:27 PM

Why did you go with BFL ?
I'm like to get into the mind of a scamee, i.e the person getting scammed.. if thats the right term heh..

I have a lot of question's.
Good question.  I did post a reply to your question.  Here is link to it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=659828.msg7498203#msg7498203

Also for other newbies like me, here is link to see ratings for manufactures someone sent me.  I highly recommend stickies or bookmark this link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.msg5035154#msg5035154
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: