Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Television - Mass Hypnotic Indoctrination  (Read 3194 times)
ttram

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:52:55 PM

Just because you don't have the mental capacity to understand something doesn't make it bullshit

ahahahahahahahaha that's funny Smiley) christians say the same shit when I tell them I don't believe in god......

once again, WTF?!?! let me see if I understood: you're either saying that the TV's framerate per second is somehow hypnotizing our brains and it's TV's fault or you're saying that watching something at 24 or 30 fps without doing something active with your brain hypnotizes your brain, but in both cases you're wrong because the PC monitors and almost any other modern device with a display will give you the same effect when you watch a movie or netflix or a simple youtube video....
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:09:26 PM

Marketing is mass hypnotic.

The signal flickering from tv is not.

Yes, I am sure science is wrong and you are right. Hypnosis does not exist. Go back to sleep.

Hypnosis only works with certain people in certain mental states.

Cite a couple of peer reviewed studies proving that TVs can hypnotize a high percentage of the population.

If you make extraordinary claims be ready to provide extraordinary evidence rather than a non-sense YouTube video and a couple of vague articles.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:13:20 PM

Brain entrainment has been known to exist as far back as the 1800's. This is by far not an extraordinary claim. There is a plethora of documentation on the matter if you actually care to know, you are perfectly capable of looking for yourself. I have no desire to try to educate people such as yourself who are too fucking lazy to put a few words into a search engine to look for themselves. You aren't interested in learning, you are here to jerk off your egos and argue like petulant children.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brain+entrainment

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:26:32 PM

Wow, Never know this before. I would never watch television again. Does flat led computer monitor have the same hypnotic power as television do?
Yes, potentially a flat screen monitor can have the same effect, but since using a computer tends to be a more active conscious task, unless you are passively watching video the effect is not the same. The flash rate refers to the common standard of 24 frames per second. Recently the latest hobbit movie came out and was released with an increased flash rate and made many of the viewers feel nauseous or have headaches. More evidence of the power of brain entrainment over the body's physiological functions.  

You are confusing strobe-like flashing with frame rate. TVs typically display a frame rate of 24fps, but actually flash at a much higher frequency (anything from 50Hz, to 960Hz on newer plasma TVs). Some TVs/monitors actually flash each line one at a time (interlaced scanning), some flash the entire image at once (progressive scanning).

The Hobbit was filmed at 48fps instead of 24, but this has nothing to do with flashing - this is simply the frame rate (ie the still image changes 48 times per second). The actual refresh rate would depend on the projector used. It does look different, many newer TVs have a "100Hz" refresh rate which basically gives the same effect - The picture looks a lot smoother when there is fast movement on the screen. Personally I don't like the effect, I prefer the standard 24fps (it can look flickery when there is movement, but I think it just looks better).

As someone said upthread, the "hypnosis" is all to do with the CONTENT, and nothing to do with any brain entrainment or hypnotic flashing.

Don't get me wrong, I think TV these days is fucking mind numbing, it's all made to cater for our ever decreasing attention span. I think this is partly to do with there being so many competing channels/media portals, all vying for our attention. Attention = viewers = advertising revenue. It's all as simple as that, we seem to be stupid enough to fall for it without any hypnotic technology being involved.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

Just because you don't have the mental capacity to understand something doesn't make it bullshit

ahahahahahahahaha that's funny Smiley) christians say the same shit when I tell them I don't believe in god......

once again, WTF?!?! let me see if I understood: you're either saying that the TV's framerate per second is somehow hypnotizing our brains and it's TV's fault or you're saying that watching something at 24 or 30 fps without doing something active with your brain hypnotizes your brain, but in both cases you're wrong because the PC monitors and almost any other modern device with a display will give you the same effect when you watch a movie or netflix or a simple youtube video....

God is the universe.  God = all, love positivity.  Universe = totality of existence.  God.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:47:36 AM

Wow, Never know this before. I would never watch television again. Does flat led computer monitor have the same hypnotic power as television do?
Yes, potentially a flat screen monitor can have the same effect, but since using a computer tends to be a more active conscious task, unless you are passively watching video the effect is not the same. The flash rate refers to the common standard of 24 frames per second. Recently the latest hobbit movie came out and was released with an increased flash rate and made many of the viewers feel nauseous or have headaches. More evidence of the power of brain entrainment over the body's physiological functions.  

You are confusing strobe-like flashing with frame rate. TVs typically display a frame rate of 24fps, but actually flash at a much higher frequency (anything from 50Hz, to 960Hz on newer plasma TVs). Some TVs/monitors actually flash each line one at a time (interlaced scanning), some flash the entire image at once (progressive scanning).

The Hobbit was filmed at 48fps instead of 24, but this has nothing to do with flashing - this is simply the frame rate (ie the still image changes 48 times per second). The actual refresh rate would depend on the projector used. It does look different, many newer TVs have a "100Hz" refresh rate which basically gives the same effect - The picture looks a lot smoother when there is fast movement on the screen. Personally I don't like the effect, I prefer the standard 24fps (it can look flickery when there is movement, but I think it just looks better).

As someone said upthread, the "hypnosis" is all to do with the CONTENT, and nothing to do with any brain entrainment or hypnotic flashing.

Don't get me wrong, I think TV these days is fucking mind numbing, it's all made to cater for our ever decreasing attention span. I think this is partly to do with there being so many competing channels/media portals, all vying for our attention. Attention = viewers = advertising revenue. It's all as simple as that, we seem to be stupid enough to fall for it without any hypnotic technology being involved.

I am not confusing anything. Frame rate = flashing still pictures at XXhz. The overall flashing varies depending on, as you mentioned, film frame rate as well as the actual viewing device used and its refresh rate. Regardless of the hz rate of a monitor you look at, the predominant visually perceived rate of the frame/flashing is dependent upon the video format settings. In short, even if your refresh rate is 70hz, the visually predominant effect will still be the frame rate, because the screen is often refreshed as you said one pixel line at a time. Additionally the higher the frequency, the less able the human eye is able to perceive it as an independent "frame" or flash if you will. At a certain point the human eye simply can not perceive them as independent frames any longer, physiologically reducing the perceptive effect of entrainment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: