Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:53:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin national radio campaign starting this week!  (Read 4683 times)
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 07:29:12 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2011, 07:14:11 PM by MemoryDealers

5-12-2011

The commercial is now live 6 days a week.
Here is a sample from 5-9-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LzrnDnenw
To help me continue to pay for these,  please donate to:

1CMjGYzaStRStKwsoRUJYHR9Vev2UjpyfB

-----------------------------Edited 5/3/2011---------------------------------------
I'm starting a Bitcoin national radio campaign.
It will run on a nationally syndicated radio program on about 100 stations nationwide, including XM satellite radio, 6 days per week.
http://www.freetalklive.com/affiliates  (I think many listeners will already be interested in something like bitcoin)

The Bitcoin ad will be a 30 live read and a 30 second recorded ad, each will run 6 times per week.  (12 ads total)

I currently am paying $2500 USD a month for my ad contract.
For anyone who would like to help out with the cost, you are welcome to chip in a few bitcoins.  (you can make a pledge by posting below.)

My current radio ad is this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wPsvmEG6A  (We will replace this with a bitcoin ad)

I've posted the sample wording for the ad in a post below,  please read it and give me your thoughts.

Roger Ver
Memory Dealers.com, Inc.
3350 Scott Blvd.
Building #32
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Phone:+1 408 486 5650
Fax: +1 408 486 5653
Email: roger@memorydealers.com
Aim: rogerkver
MSN: roger@memorydealers.com

For all yor networking needs visit:
http://www.memorydealers.com

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Belkaar

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 03:31:35 PM

Splendid idea!

I'll pledge 10 BTC for the first month

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 03:59:59 PM

I'll add another 2 BTC
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 06:36:28 AM

I'm tired of waiting,  (and tired from my normal job)
I will donate my normal radio ads each day to bitcoin.

Can anyone help write up a template for what the radio hosts should say?
The time frame I have is 30 seconds, and I am sure the radio audience is the type of person who would already be interested in bitcoins.
They have been mentioning them nearly every day recently.

The radio show is on 95 Radio stations nationally plus XM Satelite radio.  (http://www.freetalklive.com)

Please write what you think the radio hosts should say in 30 seconds,  and I will have the adds started this week.

Lets make bitcoin mainstream ASAP!

Belkaar

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 07:03:53 AM

Just for clarification: Do you just get 30 secs of radio time or do you get the host of the radio show to read a script?

I'd suggest cutting up the audio track from the video at http://www.weusecoins.com/ into 30 second pieces and rotate them.

first 30 seconds: advantages of bitcoin (targeted at consumers)

01:15 to 01:45 : targeted at merchands

I guess one'd have to check with the guys who made the video but I don't think they would say no to this.

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:17:00 AM

I'm tired of waiting,  (and tired from my normal job)
I will donate my normal radio ads each day to bitcoin.

Can anyone help write up a template for what the radio hosts should say?
The time frame I have is 30 seconds, and I am sure the radio audience is the type of person who would already be interested in bitcoins.
They have been mentioning them nearly every day recently.

The radio show is on 95 Radio stations nationally plus XM Satelite radio.  (http://www.freetalklive.com)

Please write what you think the radio hosts should say in 30 seconds,  and I will have the adds started this week.

Lets make bitcoin mainstream ASAP!

Wow, this is a super generous offer to the community.  I wish some of the senior members/devs would chime in on this because I'd like to know if they feel bitcoin is ready for the mainstream after what has been experienced with the community in the past few days.

CoinMan

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 07:17:13 AM

Just for clarification: Do you just get 30 secs of radio time or do you get the host of the radio show to read a script?

I'd suggest cutting up the audio track from the video at http://www.weusecoins.com/ into 30 second pieces and rotate them.

first 30 seconds: advantages of bitcoin (targeted at consumers)

01:15 to 01:45 : targeted at merchands

I guess one'd have to check with the guys who made the video but I don't think they would say no to this.

I bet you could get some good stuff from there to adapt to radio. You should definitely talk to JustMoon though, he's got a budget for this kind of stuff.

If you have the option I think you can do better than having Mark read a script. Maybe whoever did the voice on the weusecoins video would do it.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 11:28:46 AM

First thing, I suspect, is to actually have an ad, or at least an idea for an ad.

Now, the absolute first thing is that an ad has to have a call to action. Something for the person to do when they hear the ad. The obvious CTA is to visit bitcoin.org. But if you send people there, I think the site is going to need a lot more work, on its design, its content, and its hosting, none of which are entirely up to par for a mainstream audience. But that's a topic for another thread, if I can find it.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Anonymous

May 03, 2011, 12:39:57 PM

I like the idea of using the audio from the we use coins video that was created by the largest bitcoin bounty awarded ever.

You could make an example of the rise of value in bitcoins by saying the bounty now would be worth 3 times what it was when it was awarded.

One day will this be the most expensive youtube movie ever funded ?
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:53:53 PM

This is really nice of you MemoryDealers!

Have you considered accepting bitcoins for your business and announcing that? It would be great advertising both for bitcoin and for you...
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 03:12:53 PM

I have one 30 second live read per show,  and one 30 second recorded ad per show.
I am willing to donate both of them to bitcoin.

For the live read,  what do you think of this:

Are you tired of watching the value of the dollar plummet?
Are you tired of governments being able to monitor your finances?
Do you want to earn a lot of money?
In the last year, Gold is up 30%, Silver is up 145%, Bitcoins are up more than 800%!
Bitcoin is the worlds first decentralized, anonymous currency and is gaining popularity every day.
You can use them in any country around the world to buy or sell just about anything.
To learn more,  visit bitcoin.org

Please critique the above.

And if anyone needs any networking gear,  I am happy to accept payment in bitcoins for anything on my website.
http://www.memorydealers.com  (we should be able to accept bitcoins in real time on the site in about two weeks.  the new site is under construction currently.)

fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 03:50:19 PM

I have one 30 second live read per show,  and one 30 second recorded ad per show.
I am willing to donate both of them to bitcoin.

For the live read,  what do you think of this:

Do you want to earn a lot of money?
In the last year, Gold is up 30%, Silver is up 145%, Bitcoins are up more than 800%!
Bitcoin is the worlds first decentralized, anonymous currency and is gaining popularity every day.
You can use them in any country around the world to buy or sell just about anything.

Please critique the above.

And if anyone needs any networking gear,  I am happy to accept payment in bitcoins for anything on my website.
http://www.memorydealers.com  (we should be able to accept bitcoins in real time on the site in about two weeks.  the new site is under construction currently.)

I just don't feel very good about the "Do you want to earn a lot of money?" part.
Sounds a little bit like a scam. And I don't think people should join bitcoin because of the promise of earning 800%
I would focus the campain in other features of bitcoin that are just as awesome as this.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 03:55:47 PM

I just don't feel very good about the "Do you want to earn a lot of money?" part.
Sounds a little bit like a scam. And I don't think people should join bitcoin because of the promise of earning 800%
I would focus the campain in other features of bitcoin that are just as awesome as this.

Yeah me too, but still, people do it a lot on these investment-oriented ads. Look at those on bitcoincharts for example.
Maybe if they do it it's because it works... :p
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:09:39 PM

How about this version?

Then it is time to start using Bitcoin!
They act like digital coins that you can send through the internet.
They are transfered directly from person to person without going through a bank or clearing house.
You can already use them in any country around the world to buy or sell just about anything.

BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:19:12 PM

There is only one major change I would make.

You can't really use Bitcoins to "buy or sell just about anything", at least not in the way most people will think. You can probably find someone to buy you just about anything, and then you pay them in Bitcoins, but you can't buy the thing yourself.
Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:31:25 PM

A(nother) modified form of the above:

Are you tired of banks charging you fees?
Do you want to take back control of your own money?
Then take a look at Bitcoin!
Bitcoin is the world's first decentralized, anonymous internet currency, and is gaining popularity every day.
It's free to use, free to accept, and free from inflation---forever!
You can use bitcoins anywhere in the world, and their value will only grow with time.
To learn more, visit weusecoins.org.

Here are some of the most important changes I made:

• Removed the "investor" angle. Most people don't have any investments at all, and they aren't really looking for one---but "dollars losing value" and "banks charging fees" are gripes they're familiar with.
  • Mentioned anonymity once but didn't make it a major selling point. A person who has no problem giving their Gmail password to Facebook will not understand why anonymity matters, and may think this is some shady money laundering thing. (And they're not supposed to find that out until they're initiated!)
  • Focused on the "free as in beer" aspect. The fact that no one controls Bitcoin is important, but hard to get across in 30 seconds. Best to leave it out if we can't make it clear.
  • Replaced bitcoin.org with weusecoins.org---bitcoin.org is a better project site, but weusecoins.org is a better promotional site.

My only concern is that my version sounds a bit hokey to my ears. But maybe others will think it sounds okay. Anyway, that's just a suggestion---feel free to use any, all, or none of it.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:32:46 PM

There is only one major change I would make.

You can't really use Bitcoins to "buy or sell just about anything", at least not in the way most people will think. You can probably find someone to buy you just about anything, and then you pay them in Bitcoins, but you can't buy the thing yourself.

He seems to be sold out at the moment,  but with this service, I would assume you can buy just about anything:

https://www.bitcoin2cc.com/

Please continue to give me your feedback.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:42:47 PM

A(nother) modified form of the above:

Do you want to take back control of your own money?
Bitcoin is the world's first decentralized, anonymous internet currency, and is gaining popularity every day.
You can use bitcoins anywhere in the world, and their value will only grow with time.
To learn more, visit weusecoins.org.

Here are some of the most important changes I made:

• Removed the "investor" angle. Most people don't have any investments at all, and they aren't really looking for one---but "dollars losing value" and "banks charging fees" are gripes they're familiar with.
  • Mentioned anonymity once but didn't make it a major selling point. A person who has no problem giving their Gmail password to Facebook will not understand why anonymity matters, and may think this is some shady money laundering thing. (And they're not supposed to find that out until they're initiated!)
  • Focused on the "free as in beer" aspect. The fact that no one controls Bitcoin is important, but hard to get across in 30 seconds. Best to leave it out if we can't make it clear.
  • Replaced bitcoin.org with weusecoins.org---bitcoin.org is a better project site, but weusecoins.org is a better promotional site.

My only concern is that my version sounds a bit hokey to my ears. But maybe others will think it sounds okay. Anyway, that's just a suggestion---feel free to use any, all, or none of it.

This version sounds better.  If you need save a few seconds then this line could go or be replaced.   "Do you want to take back control of your own money?"  Maybe replace it with, "Are you sick of the gov't bailing out Wall St?"  (People are impulsive and emotional and we should use this to our advantage.)

Are you sick of the gov't bailing out Wall St?
To learn more, visit weusecoins.com

Oh one more thing...its weusecoins.com NOT .org!!!
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 04:51:26 PM

We actually have an additional 5 seconds or so that we can use.

Any ideas what we should say with those extra 5 seconds?

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 05:03:37 PM

Repetition is effective:

"Again, go to weusecoins.com to learn more.  weusecoins.com"
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: