Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 03:19:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin will always be a top 2 Crypto  (Read 8122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:33:38 PM

I think it is hard to say which coin will remain where as new coins are always in the works who knows what will happen in the future.  I've been a supporter of BTC for a while and at this point I think it deserves it's place as Number 2 but I'm wouldn't say for sure it will maintain that position 2 years from now is all. 

My instincts say it's likely but who really knows?
Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:21:28 AM

I think it is hard to say which coin will remain where as new coins are always in the works who knows what will happen in the future.  I've been a supporter of BTC for a while and at this point I think it deserves it's place as Number 2 but I'm wouldn't say for sure it will maintain that position 2 years from now is all. 

My instincts say it's likely but who really knows?

That is true. You never know what can happen! Mybe in the future there will be a coin that will be greater than bitcoin.
sile16

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

Simple comparison

Attribtues that I think lead to long term success.

Network:  1-5  users/merchants/install base
Mining Power: 1-5 Security gains by the mining power
Features: 1-5 How many features, multisig, HD, web, distributed assett exchange, turning complete language, aliases, voting, anonymous transactions, digital goods store.
Community: 1-5 How active and involved the community is.
Ease of Use: How easy to use, 1 is only programmers can use, 5 is mom and dad ready.

BTC:
Network:  4
Mining Power: 4
Features:  3 ( based on the fact that counterparty is built on top of BTC)
Community: 5
Ease of Use: 4
Total: 20

LTC Value:
Network:  3
Mining Power: 3 (This may be one of LTC's strong attributes is that people with invested mining equipment don't have many better options)
Features:  1
Community: 4
Ease of Use: 3 
Total: 14

Bitshares
Network:  1
Mining Power: 5 (Because it's PoS)
Features:  4
Community: 3
Ease of Use: ? , estimated a 3
Total: 16

NXT
Network:  2
Mining Power: 5 (Because it's PoS)
Features:  4
Community: 3
Ease of Use: 4
Total: 18

(Feel free to update the values to whatever you think best, I filled them in to the best of my knowledge.)

LTC has no driving force for user adoption.  What is the motivation for an end user to have an LTC wallet?  Right now it's used just for price speculation.   LTC is not different enough from BTC in my opinion to drive user adoption.  Just download NXT to see what a huge difference it is and how when the market is hungry for an alternative to BTC (several years down the road), when LTC is compared to what else is out there I think it's going to lose.

I used to have half my holdings in LTC as of 3 weeks ago.  I moved it into the 2.0 protocols, NXT, counterparty, bitshares.

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

Simple comparison

What makes you say the LTC community is a 4 out of 5? Is it simple number of members? Or are you considering activity and participation in pushing the coin forward? If so I'd probably say it's lower than a 4 based on what I'm seeing these days from the LTC community.
sile16

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:51:20 PM

Well, most these numbers are just a gut value and is more of a relative ranking between the currencies than an absolute of a what a perfect community is.  But basically I was going for ranking the total number and how active the members are.  LTC is bigger than NXT and Bitshares but smaller than BTC.  But as I said since this is based on only my own knowledge feel free to adjust the numbers and come to your own conclusion.  The exercise was helpful for me I think to quantify my own rankings.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:00:28 PM

Well, most these numbers are just a gut value and is more of a relative ranking between the currencies than an absolute of a what a perfect community is.  But basically I was going for ranking the total number and how active the members are.  LTC is bigger than NXT and Bitshares but smaller than BTC.  But as I said since this is based on only my own knowledge feel free to adjust the numbers and come to your own conclusion.  The exercise was helpful for me I think to quantify my own rankings.

Yeah, it's an interesting way to compare coins and the factors that make them what they are. I don't read the NXT forum at all but from the little I've seen the community there is very much interesting in adding new features and progressing their technology to keep up with the times. Which is the opposite of what I'm finding from the LTC community unfortunately. Despite TheMage being the first person I've seen supporting LTC progression, no one else seems to care.
Saigonsmokes (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

Yeah, it's an interesting way to compare coins and the factors that make them what they are. I don't read the NXT forum at all but from the little I've seen the community there is very much interesting in adding new features and progressing their technology to keep up with the times. Which is the opposite of what I'm finding from the LTC community unfortunately. Despite TheMage being the first person I've seen supporting LTC progression, no one else seems to care.

That's not really the case.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: