June 23, 2014, 02:30:40 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 09:10:36 AM by Devin Chow

lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

Confused with you question. Can you make it specific?
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:41:51 AM

Maybe he wants to watch this movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2821314/

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:43:05 AM

Which has it's own website:

http://theriseandriseofbitcoin.com/

Apparently it's in post-production.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:16:53 AM

The documentary.
It's called, "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin"

Where is it available to watch?

Apparently, it's been out for a couple months. Yet, I can't even seem to find a place to PAY to watch it...which is extremely odd.

I hear ya. I don't know how the market works, but, I think they're st the stage of trying to find a way to get money for showing the movie. Typically, a distributor pays the film makers and then the distributors get paid by consumers...most film makers don't have vast distribution networks Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin, I like the sound of that
vierelana

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

Where can I get a copy to screen in the Gulf, who knows?
Yeezus

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:40:55 AM

I think it might have had a screening somewhere but its not online or available yet. I'm sure you can sign up or buy a copy from their website and you'll get a copy sent out to you when it's available/.

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:46:26 AM

Bitcoin ecosystem is evolving so fast that by the time it is screened, bits of it will be outdated. By all means, I am still extremely interested.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:08:00 AM

Anyone have any idea?
You have to wait like everyone else, it hasn't yet been released to the public. Frustrating, I know. I live in NYC but missed the Tribeca opening, I was so pissed at myself.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:48:00 AM

Got to catch it when it pops
Neon Golden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:03:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the producers on "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" and I just wanted to mention that we are working hard on the film and it's release.  We are as eager as anyone to get this film out to the world!  Wink

Here is a recent Reddit post from Dan that should shed a little light on where we are.  If you want the most up to date information on the release, I recommend signing up for our mailing list on http://www.BitcoinDoc.com

---

Hi, this is Daniel Mross, one of the creators of The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin. We know a lot of people have been waiting to see the film, and I hope I can convey to you just how eager we are to get it released as soon as possible. I'm sorry we haven't done a better job with updates. I'd like to share a few comments that I hope will answer some of the questions that have been asked lately.

For starters, we are planning an online release in some form or another. I personally believe that in the near future, online distribution will become the norm, and that crypto-currency will be a major part of it, but we're not quite there yet, and we want the film to have the best chance of reaching all audiences around the world.

I've seen a few mentions about crowd-funding, and my guess is that some people are confused. The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin was not crowd-funded. We did receive donations that went towards production costs, but they were a very small part of the budget, which was otherwise entirely self-funded.

I know how frustrating it can be to wait for a long time and be completely disappointed at the end, but this isn't bitcoin mining equipment, and we are doing everything we can to make sure you will not be disappointed! We worked incredibly hard to make the film while keeping up with the blistering pace of the growth in the Bitcoin world. We were editing the Tribeca cut up to the very last minute before the submission deadline, and still managed to include breaking news events that happened with major characters in the film during the last few days before it. Since the premier we have been finishing all the remaining work - mastering audio & video, color-correction, animation edits, bug-fixes, etc., everything necessary to deliver the final polished film to a distributor.

We are very excited at the amount of interest in the film, and we have been delighted with all the offers of help we have received from the community. Thanks for being patient for so long, I promise we will have some very good news to share soon.

Daniel
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:51:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the producers on "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" and I just wanted to mention that we are working hard on the film and it's release.  We are as eager as anyone to get this film out to the world!  Wink

Here is a recent Reddit post from Dan that should shed a little light on where we are.  If you want the most up to date information on the release, I recommend signing up for our mailing list on http://www.BitcoinDoc.com

---

Hi, this is Daniel Mross, one of the creators of The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin. We know a lot of people have been waiting to see the film, and I hope I can convey to you just how eager we are to get it released as soon as possible. I'm sorry we haven't done a better job with updates. I'd like to share a few comments that I hope will answer some of the questions that have been asked lately.

For starters, we are planning an online release in some form or another. I personally believe that in the near future, online distribution will become the norm, and that crypto-currency will be a major part of it, but we're not quite there yet, and we want the film to have the best chance of reaching all audiences around the world.

I've seen a few mentions about crowd-funding, and my guess is that some people are confused. The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin was not crowd-funded. We did receive donations that went towards production costs, but they were a very small part of the budget, which was otherwise entirely self-funded.

I know how frustrating it can be to wait for a long time and be completely disappointed at the end, but this isn't bitcoin mining equipment, and we are doing everything we can to make sure you will not be disappointed! We worked incredibly hard to make the film while keeping up with the blistering pace of the growth in the Bitcoin world. We were editing the Tribeca cut up to the very last minute before the submission deadline, and still managed to include breaking news events that happened with major characters in the film during the last few days before it. Since the premier we have been finishing all the remaining work - mastering audio & video, color-correction, animation edits, bug-fixes, etc., everything necessary to deliver the final polished film to a distributor.

We are very excited at the amount of interest in the film, and we have been delighted with all the offers of help we have received from the community. Thanks for being patient for so long, I promise we will have some very good news to share soon.

Daniel

Thanks for the update. I would love to see it on netflix or amazon on demand.

jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:00:07 PM

online distribution will become the norm, and that crypto-currency will be a major part of it, but we're not quite there yet, and we want the film to have the best chance of reaching all audiences around the world.

It would be really apt if we could buy a ticket in bitcoin and watch it stream live in a global premier. I know, we are not quite there yet. Mail order a dvd paid in bitcoin would do just fine.
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

I sure hope this is released as a torrent or at least a very low cost digital download, payable in BTC of course  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: