Author Topic: .  (Read 1959 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:16:02 AM

Nobody should have the moral authority to kidnap someone at gunpoint and throw them in a cage.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:27:09 AM

Because not 1 person in government can go through the whole day without telling a lie.  It's pathological with these bastards!
3elks

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:58:48 AM

They promise a lot, do a few, but when it comes to taking to money, the goverment is always there for me.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:16:50 AM

Government = human's current failed attempt to get to grips with what life actually is.  There are no certainties. We are all going to die. We are spinning around on a rock in space.  Knowing whats moral is very tricky.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

Becuase they want to control everything, what you do, what you eat, how you fuck and how, where and who you live or love.

It seems every new politician has to pass X ammount of laws to get his name on them. Everything is about elections and re elections its all a sham to stay in power and the one with the most money wins, but he has to suck off all his donators or contributors even if that means harming people(Big tobacco ect),  Lobbying should be a crime.

Watermelondea

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:48:51 AM

Stupidity. Ok i understand that goverment is essential and without it our society will be a total mess BUT there are so many stupid people in the goverment! Or they are just pretending to be stupid while stealing my money?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:25:48 AM

I am seeing an increasing number of provocateur type posts on these forums. Please use good judgement when posting so as not to get baited into statements that may justify actions on your person by law enforcement entities, however theoretical they may be.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:51:57 AM

Because they think they own a person just for being born on their land. Even if you move to another country, you are still expected to pay taxes and obey a bunch of federal laws.

I am not against the concept of governments as a whole, just in the way the are implemented.

Recently, I have been considering the concept of a virtual nation. It would be voluntary to join and would be ran more like a business. Government would be minimal and the yearly fees would be mainly used to protect it's members. Kind of like an insurance policy.

From reading history, I have felt that in the past when polytheism was more common, religious groups protected from the excesses of government. Their members formed close knit organizations. Eventually monotheism took over though and eventually the resulting single religion in any area merged with it's local government.

Our founding fathers had an idea of creating a constitution to protect people from government excesses. This idea is failing. There is no current counterbalance to government growth. Voting is ineffective since the lowest common denominator will combine their votes to ignore the natural rights of others. Government has become a cancer. Look at the war on drugs.

Cryptocurrencies will start taking away some of the power of government as fiat currency will lose a lot of its power. People will have a way to store, protect, move and hide their wealth.

Government will still survive though as they can use import/export taxes, land taxes, and heavy user fees. For instance, my car registration went to almost $200 this year from about $60 last year. My mom who drives an economy model will pay more for mandatory insurance and registration this year than she will spend on gas. I wouldn't be surprised if people in some states start paying over a grand a year to register their non-luxury car before the end of this decade.

As governments get even worse about plundering from it's slaves citizens, they will provide less and less services. This will leave a gap to be filled and result in the emergence of new groups to provide this missing service. In a way, this is what gangs do in some areas of the country now. It may not be their primary function, but joining a gang provides some local protection.

The internet and cryptocurrency will allow the rise of virtual nations. Cryptocurrency is necessary for a virtual nation to survive, because it provides a way to save, move, and protect wealth.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:00:13 AM

Nobody should have the moral authority to kidnap someone at gunpoint and throw them in a cage.

Oh I don't know about that.  I indirectly know several people who I feel comfortable having the gov do this to.  Are referring to people who have this done without due process?

If a man is raping a 6 month old baby, yeah I got no problems with the gov throwing him in jail.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:40:56 AM

hate my goverment because full of corrupt.

The worst is my penalty for corruption is too low
for example ;
my goverment corrupt about $ 416.000
The penalty only 2.5 years
How that corruptor become wary ??

Smiley
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:57:32 AM

I never used to dislike the US Government that much until the people in the US put the rest of us in the world through two gruelling terms of Bumblefish Bush. This latest Toby character isn't much better either, spineless prick.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:59:26 AM

Because if you do not, you are not a healthy rational human being.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:37:25 AM

Oh I don't know about that.  I indirectly know several people who I feel comfortable having the gov do this to.  Are referring to people who have this done without due process?

If a man is raping a 6 month old baby, yeah I got no problems with the gov throwing him in jail.

If a man rapes a 6 month old baby (or initiates force against someone) anyone is morally justified in self defense or making things right with the victim.

An entity should not have moral authority just because they are "the government".

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:11:27 PM

I don't inherently 'hate' government. Government can be good and government can be bad. Taking a general emotional stance like that is a bit silly.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:13:48 AM

US government should be loved by their citizen.

Free education, cheap housing and social safety net compare to the rest of the world.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 04:43:27 AM

Free education, cheap housing and social safety net compare to the rest of the world.

Free indoctrination, cheap rounding up of the poor to be kept away from the rich people and training people to be dependent upon the government so they will grant that government more power.

Many US comradescitizens love the US government.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:25:07 AM

Anyone know what is the government's justification for not invading north korea seeing as north korea breach humans rights ?
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:58:08 AM

Anyone know what is the government's justification for not invading north korea seeing as north korea breach humans rights ?
When a country is not a threat to another one, nobody gives a shit (besides the people who generally care about humans of course).

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:44:10 AM

If a man rapes a 6 month old baby (or initiates force against someone) anyone is morally justified in self defense or making things right with the victim.

An entity should not have moral authority just because they are "the government".

I'm having a little trouble understanding your response, but are you telling me that the parents of a raped baby have the right to "make thing right" for their child?  Being a father, I would love to take the rapist out to my garage and use my medical knowledge to put him through 500 hours of torture, but that doesn't seem very democratic.  Seems kind of vigilante.

In my country, the US, assuming things worked correctly, the people we elect make laws which the general society agrees on.  Murder is bad.  Rape is bad.  Stealing is bad.  So on.  We give consent to the government to punish criminals. Governments don't have the right per se, it is given to them by the people.  If the people change their mind, for example on smoking marijuana, we change the laws so cops don't arrest us now for that offense.

But yes an out of control government thinks it can do whatever it wants.  In some countries in this world the governments can't be reasoned with by their citizens because 1 tank kills 10000 people.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:50:44 AM

Who gave you the idea that our education is free.  I have to pay 2% of my home's value every year in property tax.  When I built the home I had to pay almost 1/3 of my year's income to pay for school permits.  Sales tax is 1/10 of my purchasing power and more than 1/2 of that goes to schools.  And then my income tax is also funneled to schools.  My business license, my medical license, recycling fees - all go into the state's general fund which more than 1/2 goes to schools.  hahha, free.

Just like giving blood is free too  Roll Eyes

Cheap housing?  Um, adobe hut in Vietnam or Mexico is way more affordable than any slum house in the poverty belt of the US.

Safety net - yeah well that's used to buy votes rather than help people.  I agree it should be there.  I don't think it should be a lifestyle which many people are making it into now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: