Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [LF] Part Time Database Admin  (Read 694 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:40:30 PM

I am looking for someone that knows a lot of about databases, and can help manage a very large database. If you are interested in the job pm or reply here as I would like to test you and see what you know about databases.
monsterbitty

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:03:20 PM

Hi,

could you let me know what you test with database here, so you can ask question here and i can reply out with my best knowledge.
0xAli

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:12:54 PM

Sure, ask me anything and i will google it.

But in all seriousness, the best way to tell is by giving them a small task, asking for previous work, or trying the applicant for one day while having a close look -- other than that you will waste your time.

Only god can judge me.
monsterbitty

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:13:59 PM

But in all seriousness, the best way to tell is by giving them a small task, asking for previous work, or trying the applicant for one day while having a close look -- other than that you will waste your time.

If seriously need to do, he can also get small work hired by other guy and get work done, so in fact, if really need to tell anything misleading, he can do by anyways.
0xAli

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:20:43 PM

If seriously need to do, he can also get small work hired by other guy and get work done, so in fact, if really need to tell anything misleading, he can do by anyways.
That's assuming that OP is paying too much money for the guy to be able to split it between him (the mastermind deceiver) who will enjoy free money and instantly find a guy to outsource the work to.

Only god can judge me.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:29:59 PM

Hi,

could you let me know what you test with database here, so you can ask question here and i can reply out with my best knowledge.

Sorry the test, is actually a task.

It is a task, sorry for the confusion.

That's assuming that OP is paying too much money for the guy to be able to split it between him (the mastermind deceiver) who will enjoy free money and instantly find a guy to outsource the work to.

You can't outsource this work. Our database has grown to levels that are really pushing the database to it's limits. We tried to hire a small consulting team, and they wouldn't even do the work, just due to the scale. I have been doing the work myself but I am getting too tied up with other stuff, and would like to pass it on to someone that can really know what they are doing.
micaman

Activity: 345
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:36:34 PM

Please refer which DBMS you use and what sort of task do you need... here or pm.
0xAli

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

You can't outsource this work. Our database has grown to levels that are really pushing the database to it's limits. We tried to hire a small consulting team, and they wouldn't even do the work, just due to the scale. I have been doing the work myself but I am getting too tied up with other stuff, and would like to pass it on to someone that can really know what they are doing.
It's none of my business but.... Sounds like your current database is not cut for scaling up to big data, you should consider migrating from your database to another one that's built to scale. If i where you i'd consult a data architect not an admin that might optimize it a bit but is limited by the database's potential.

Just my 2 satoshis.

Only god can judge me.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:27:45 PM

Please refer which DBMS you use and what sort of task do you need... here or pm.

Mariadb, and the task can range from simply backing it up and checking the backup to restoring. To using toolkits to change the table schemas, to just giving us information on how to get the best performance. It could be a lot of things, that we need.

It's none of my business but.... Sounds like your current database is not cut for scaling up to big data, you should consider migrating from your database to another one that's built to scale. If i where you i'd consult a data architect not an admin that might optimize it a bit but is limited by the database's potential.

Just my 2 satoshis.

Not  that we are limited, I just think the database is so huge, that the software can handle it, I just can't anymore, and I know alot about databases.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:11:58 PM

BUMP, WE ARE STILL LOOKING!
Stery

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:23:50 PM