Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does one set up a private pool? 3 BTC bounty for a TuT  (Read 11896 times)
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:26:11 PM

Looking for someone to PDF up a "Laymans guide to setting up your own bitcoin pool".

I am chipping in 3 BTC as a bounty, and hope more are interested in chipping in also.

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:28:42 PM

And I know 3 BTC is not a whole hell of a lot, but it's the best I can do at the moment.

www.bitminter.com

!
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:32:17 PM

You could just set up a pool, with pushpools backend https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8707.0

From there, just have people connect to it. Make it so only their IPs can connect. Hope I helped a bit, if I did, don't feel you have to pay me.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

You could just set up a pool, with pushpools backend https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8707.0

From there, just have people connect to it. Make it so only their IPs can connect. Hope I helped a bit, if I did, don't feel you have to pay me.

You have helped out a bit.
What i am really looking for, is a downloadable PDF that a user can print and cross reference as they set up their arrays. Maybe have a checklist at the end of the file?

www.bitminter.com

!
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 10:27:49 PM

You could try ecoinpool, its pretty simplified.
aschaetter

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:02:36 AM

It's a huge pain in the ass to setup and maintain. I'd sell my pool for the 50 BTC that we have been working to find for 1825+ hours.
Sorry, there's no walkthrough, but setting up a public pool is a very involved process.

If you have some SQL and PHP background, you could use pushpool or poolserverj to setup mining. PM me if you are 100% serious, and I might be able to point you in the right direction.
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:07:58 AM

It's a huge pain in the ass to setup and maintain. I'd sell my pool for the 50 BTC that we have been working to find for 1825+ hours.
Sorry, there's no walkthrough, but setting up a public pool is a very involved process.

If you have some SQL and PHP background, you could use pushpool or poolserverj to setup mining. PM me if you are 100% serious, and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I am more for a community repository type deal here. Put the data out there for the people and such. What pool would you be talking about, btw?

www.bitminter.com

!
aschaetter

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

I am more for a community repository type deal here. Put the data out there for the people and such. What pool would you be talking about, btw?

pool.schaetter.us

With myself and two friends, we found a block in 11 days. After that block, I opened up the beta to the public and we cannot find another now.

#1 Piece of advice - Don't open up a prop pool unless your miners are going to be online all the time.

That being said, I wouldn't open a PPS pool without a lot of capital to get it off the ground.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:55:47 AM

mining doesn't work that way.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 04:05:37 AM

There's really nothing simple about setting up a pool unless you have the background.  If you do, then you wouldn't need a guide, so it's kind of a catch 22.

Take a lesson from mu5tang/A1BITCOINPOOL - if you can't get it setup on your own, you really, really shouldn't run a pool because stuff breaks all the time and you need to know how to fix it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
A1BITCOINPOOL

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 04:31:08 AM

There's really nothing simple about setting up a pool unless you have the background.  If you do, then you wouldn't need a guide, so it's kind of a catch 22.

Take a lesson from mu5tang/A1BITCOINPOOL - if you can't get it setup on your own, you really, really shouldn't run a pool because stuff breaks all the time and you need to know how to fix it.

This is very true, then you get a nice scammer tag like I did and people just keep bashing you even before you get your pool up and running.  So it's totally not worth it.  Just let all these other idiots deal with all the pain in the ass stuff and have them pay you to mine for them. 
legolouman

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:44:18 AM

This is very true, then you get a nice scammer tag like I did and people just keep bashing you even before you get your pool up and running.  So it's totally not worth it.  Just let all these other idiots deal with all the pain in the ass stuff and have them pay you to mine for them. 

Let's not start that battle here.

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 11:14:36 AM

AFAIK someone else did pay your depts for you. You deserve that scammer tag. Don't talk the talk when no actions follow. I only see one idiot here Roll Eyes

ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:54:07 PM

on topic gentlemen! there will be no flaming in this thread...all my other threads are fair game! What programming skills does a pool operator need? LET THE COMMUNITY KNOW! PHP, MYSQL, etc.

www.bitminter.com

!
legolouman

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

AFAIK someone else did pay your depts for you. You deserve that scammer tag. Don't talk the talk when no actions follow. I only see one idiot here Roll Eyes

And I'm troubled with allocating that large donation.

on topic gentlemen! there will be no flaming in this thread...all my other threads are fair game! What programming skills does a pool operator need? LET THE COMMUNITY KNOW! PHP, MYSQL, etc.

I agree. Let's stop this flame

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 04:10:36 AM

Looking for someone to PDF up a "Laymans guide to setting up your own bitcoin pool".

I am chipping in 3 BTC as a bounty, and hope more are interested in chipping in also.

Install and join your own P2Pool node.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62842.0

I'm about to update that guide...

Best!
Thiago
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 07:51:08 AM

Yeah. p2pool is the way to go.

Pages: [1]