Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solidcoin Spending trusted Nodes  (Read 3550 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:05:09 AM

the fuck?

so where did that 5% go?

your wallet? exchange? blackhole?

Essentially no where, but you can look at it like a "fee" that goes to the generate (ie CPF).

What you are trying to say is the "unspendable" coins get transferred to an account that can spend them (ie CPF).

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:08:56 AM

What you are trying to say is the "unspendable" coins get transferred to an account that can spend them (ie CPF).

You can look at it that way if you want, the CPF gets 5% per block. Whether you want to look at the generate being created out of thin air or the trust accounts losing half the 5% to provide it as a fee is kinda irrelevant. There is 5% economic centralization, a tax if you want to call it that, for the coin protection fund (CPF). Combined with that to ensure trust accounts die they have to lose money for every signing.

People get confused between "trust accounts", which are the initial 10 seeds for trust nodes, and trust nodes themselves. 2 different things there, everyone can become a trust node, but only some people hold the trust account keys so that they can protect the network in the mean time.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:11:32 AM

Hey,

sTcMHFiviET9ZSNBsMkNBwnfUsCMUX3Xo8 has
12997 lost

sR24466tcHbW7yhsU5TpQst5H6Kw8vDNSj has
53567 lost

That's a total of 66564.

Where do the other coins in the CPF come from?

Also, the CPF can be spent, correct...?  if the goal is eventually to eventually transfer all coins from the trusted nodes into the CPF, doesn't that mean that all the coins are eventually spendable by whoever controls the CPF account?  So the trusted nodes are all spendable, just not right now?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 05:15:19 AM

The true definition of a pyramid scheme is the people above making a portion of everything the people below make.  That does not happen in bitcoin.

Solidcoin is a pyramid scheme.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:19:43 AM

Hey,

sTcMHFiviET9ZSNBsMkNBwnfUsCMUX3Xo8 has
12997 lost

sR24466tcHbW7yhsU5TpQst5H6Kw8vDNSj has
53567 lost

That's a total of 66564.

Where do the other coins in the CPF come from?

5% of the last block is the base for the generate (ie created). Then another 5% comes as a "fee" from the trust node signing. You can check block.cpp in the source for this.

Also, the CPF can be spent, correct...?  if the goal is eventually to eventually transfer all coins from the trusted nodes into the CPF, doesn't that mean that all the coins are eventually spendable by whoever controls the CPF account?  So the trusted nodes are all spendable, just not right now?

If the "trust accounts" all remain viable then over the course of about 50 years (estimated) they will each give 200K before they drop below one million. So 10 * 200K = 2 million . It is possible these accounts will be "Nulled" at some point in the future as the trust node system is overhauled.

The CPF is spendable but it's likely no transfers from it will occur until the NPO is setup, you can check that and its current balance at http://solidtools.net . Just today it appears we have a single "user" with more SC than the CPF, which is interesting. One of the exchanges has had more than the CPF in its wallet for some time, but since it's not "theirs" it's not really valid I don't think.

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:22:18 AM

Okay, if you double that quantity you get a little less than the quantity of the CPF (133128 versus 131754 coins in the CPF) and if you look at the CPF you can see that it actually getting a 10% tax per block rather than a 5% tax.  Well, whatever, but what happened to the 133128 - 131754 = 1374 coins?  There are no outgoing transactions from the CPF...  Can we see coins the CPF spends?  Did they go somewhere not the CPF?

edit: Also, CH, you're surprisingly level headed tonight, not flying off the handle at all!

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 06:24:55 AM

Okay, if you double that quantity you get a little less than the quantity of the CPF (133128 versus 131754 coins in the CPF) and if you look at the CPF you can see that it actually getting a 10% tax per block rather than a 5% tax.  Well, whatever, but what happened to the 133128 - 131754 = 1374 coins?  There are no outgoing transactions from the CPF...  Can we see coins the CPF spends?  Did they go somewhere not the CPF?

Yes there was an "attack" used which rerouted about as much coins as you suggested away from the CPF into the attackers hands over a couple of days. That was fixed in v2.03 . Now it cryptographic signs the block header so it can't be modified by anyone else other than the block creator. A few extra rules were added to tighten up the CPF generate also, such that it could only contain one "out" instead of many, as the attacker(s) used more outs to get by the existing checks.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 06:27:58 AM

Hey Mr. Businessman - use my currency but don't ask me how it works, cause you are way too stupid.  Love it!

Bitcoinexpress isn't a businessman and he is also trolling. Obviously SolidCoin is over his head and he continues to try to pass off his misunderstandings as fact. Anyone that truthfully wants to learn more can PM me, like people have been and they find out more. We also have a great website, forum, and IRC channel where people can begin to educate themselves if they want.

It's foolish to believe everyone in the world can understand how SolidCoin works at every level. Any programmer who has read SolidCoin source can look at most comments in a thread like this and they would literally be cringing. The only people embarrassing themselves here are the ones who pretend to know what they are talking about when they aren't programmers and don't understand how SolidCoin works. Don't pretend to know and you won't be criticized for spreading FUD.

Umm, CH/RS/Douchebag dude? "BusinessMAN" would be a pretty obvious mistake. "His" misunderstandings? Again, child, you need to get the earwax out of your eyes... you have very serious gender identification issues.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:49:10 AM

If the "trust accounts" all remain viable then over the course of about 50 years (estimated) they will each give 200K before they drop below one million. So 10 * 200K = 2 million . It is possible these accounts will be "Nulled" at some point in the future as the trust node system is overhauled.

The CPF is spendable but it's likely no transfers from it will occur until the NPO is setup, you can check that and its current balance at http://solidtools.net . Just today it appears we have a single "user" with more SC than the CPF, which is interesting. One of the exchanges has had more than the CPF in its wallet for some time, but since it's not "theirs" it's not really valid I don't think.

Yes there was an "attack" used which rerouted about as much coins as you suggested away from the CPF into the attackers hands over a couple of days. That was fixed in v2.03 . Now it cryptographic signs the block header so it can't be modified by anyone else other than the block creator. A few extra rules were added to tighten up the CPF generate also, such that it could only contain one "out" instead of many, as the attacker(s) used more outs to get by the existing checks.

You can look at it that way if you want.

Just capturing a few things for posterity that team sockpuppet have finally admitted to.  Grin

Realsolid must be gnawing on his mouse in rage right about now. How does it feel Realsolid? To have one of your cronies use your own forum account to finally come clean about your lies?

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:16:03 AM

Interestering stuff to read...

as the regular user of Bitcoins and monetary currencies i got to say: Sorry Mr CoinHunter i wont trust you even from 12pm to noon. You claimed for months that those coins are unspendable as in "will be in the trusted nodes forever" and whats now? "Oh, they are spendable when I decide they are" You know what? Even if BCX was a meany as you make it look so often, even if Artforz was an asshole to mine CPU coins with GPU well even then those guys are way more trustable than a liar and deceiver..

Now please, you started taking the premine.. use it as long as some people still trusting you support the chain by putting money in and cash out to tank the price and finish this game.

By the way... You always say you have companies at hand that might accept Solidcoin sometime in the future? How do you explain to them that almost every conscious being in the world of crypto currencies thinks that Solidcoin is a bad idea?
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 02:59:00 PM

as the regular user of Bitcoins and monetary currencies i got to say: Sorry Mr CoinHunter i wont trust you even from 12pm to noon. You claimed for months that those coins are unspendable as in "will be in the trusted nodes forever" and whats now? "Oh, they are spendable when I decide they are" You know what? Even if BCX was a meany as you make it look so often, even if Artforz was an asshole to mine CPU coins with GPU well even then those guys are way more trustable than a liar and deceiver..

Now please, you started taking the premine.. use it as long as some people still trusting you support the chain by putting money in and cash out to tank the price and finish this game.

It was known since the start there is a 5% per block CPF fund. How you want to imagine those funds getting into the CPF is up to your creative troll mind. Just think it's realsolid whipping slaves and grinding fairies into dust as a cocaine substitute as to why there is a 5% per block CPF fund if it helps you sleep at night. I'll sleep better at night knowing the currency I'm supporting has funds to fight legal battles, hire developers and take out advertising in major publications, th--anks.

By the way... You always say you have companies at hand that might accept Solidcoin sometime in the future? How do you explain to them that almost every conscious being in the world of crypto currencies thinks that Solidcoin is a bad idea?

I have done some ground work for SolidCoin acceptance for major businesses, including ones which have heard of Bitcoin and rejected it because of numerous issues. This is what the developers are working towards in v3 . Unlike the teenagers here who would rather fight and belittle others the people working around SolidCoin have been in business for decades and have many connections in the business world.

I think it's obvious as to who is losing a battle when you start talking for everyone. "almost every conscious being in the world" . Haha, wow, a few teenagers on a competitors forum who don't understand SolidCoin but dislike some concepts is "almost everyone" . Ah you teenies with your biebers and inexperience in life. Funny to the "mature" people that see it.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:55:25 PM

I am certainly looking forward to the first "major business" announcement of ShortBusCoin adoption.

So far you have managed to break ground with a drug paraphernalia vendor, and an online jack shack stripper. One can only imagine how creative your ideal would be to have a "major business" engaged in your fantasies! Dare we believe you have gone after the big time here? Online pharmaceuticals? The corner Slushee store? International calling cards?

Given your history of massive over-hype and completely dishonest, abusive and worthless underwhelming delivery, your concept of a "major business" should be delightful fodder for the stand-up comedy routine that your precious little coin has become.

Thanks for being you, it helps to make every day just a little bit funnier.
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:51:15 PM

I think it's obvious as to who is losing a battle when you start talking for everyone. "almost every conscious being in the world" . Haha, wow, a few teenagers on a competitors forum who don't understand SolidCoin but dislike some concepts is "almost everyone" . Ah you teenies with your biebers and inexperience in life. Funny to the "mature" people that see it.

Ah, that's the CoinHunter I remember!

Code:
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:45:39 PM

It was known since the start there is a 5% per block CPF fund. How you want to imagine those funds getting into the CPF is up to your creative troll mind. Just think it's realsolid whipping slaves and grinding fairies into dust as a cocaine substitute as to why there is a 5% per block CPF fund if it helps you sleep at night. I'll sleep better at night knowing the currency I'm supporting has funds to fight legal battles, hire developers and take out advertising in major publications, th--anks.

Up until yesterday you shouted from the rooftops that the pre-mine was not spendable. You finally admitted it is spendable and will ultimately end up in your pocket.

Now that we have cleared up that little misunderstanding, the only remaining unresolved issue with Solidcoin is the fact that it has very few miners. With no hash power protecting the block chain, the only thing standing between Solidcoin users and an unlimited double spend attack is the tyrant nodes. One missed patch by the tyrant node key poobah and the block chain is toast.

I will award a 0.00000001 BTC bounty for the first SC tyrant node private key presented to me.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:04:48 PM

That is way overpricing the market- why you do inflation?
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:33:44 PM

That is way overpricing the market- why you do inflation?

Only 8 decimal places Sad

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: