Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-23] btc mag: An Interview With Jeffrey Smith, CIO of GHash.io  (Read 1206 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:39:13 PM

An Interview With Jeffrey Smith, CIO of GHash.io

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/14317/interview-jeffrey-smith-cio-ghash-io/

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:51:08 PM

I would like to be the first person to just yell a general BOO in his direction. Sorry buddy, I wish that you find it in your heart to not be so evil one day.
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:20:00 PM

^^Boo??

I thought he responded directly in line with what every other person would.  The business model they have is to provide a pool with zero fees. They're doing just that and they've been successful because they offer a secure platform for people to mine on. They have done nothing wrong in terms of providing a bitcoin mining pool. The 51% of the power issue falls on the miners themselves. If you want them to not have 51% of the network, be proactive and mine somewhere else. Don't be a part of the problem, help be a part of the solution and stop crying on the forums about someone having more control than you! Smiley

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
Kosta#

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

I would like to be the first person to just yell a general BOO in his direction. Sorry buddy, I wish that you find it in your heart to not be so evil one day.

Not only that. White paper describing 33% attack (Majority is not Enough) have never been disproved (this attempt is pathetic). Therefore it is more than likely that ghash.io is doing just that (e.g. not publishing mined blocks immediately). Please note that any delay in publishing mined blocks would give an advantage to ghash.io - obviously, the more delay, the more is the advantage.

I wonder if there are published stats that can tell us how much curent block discovery distribution times deviate from completely random. I, for one, would like to see that implemented by blockchain.info (or they can hire me to do that if they are short on resources Smiley)
CoinMode

Activity: 417

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:54:13 AM

^^Boo??

I thought he responded directly in line with what every other person would. 

Yeah, because leaving 51% of hashing power in one single choke point that can easily be exploited by an outsider with less than a billion dollars is exactly in line with what all bitcoiners want to happen. The fact is that ONLY Ghash.IO and the greedy miners who stick with them want this to happen, and they are not representative of even a small fraction of the number of bitcoiners around the world. I like how you make assumptions about me and absolve every bit of blame from those in a massive position of power. Which major bank do you work for and how close are they to showing us the true meaning of evil?

Ghash.IO shills just switched modes. They have stopped all of the absurd hand-waving whitepaper style posts and are now just simply blaming the little guy. That is like Walmart blaming poor redneck shoppers for all of the sweatshops they run in China. Nice try, shill.

Here's a documentary for you: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcointheendofmoney/bitcoin-the-end-of-money-as-we-know-it
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:23:06 PM

To hell with Ghash, it is a disgrace to the entire philosophy behind Bitcoin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: