Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Appreciate some help: Who is AntPool?  (Read 3434 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:24:52 PM

I am writing a new blog article, and I will be discussing BTC.  My piece will be why everyone should own some gold, have some CA$H and own some BTC.  Re BTC, I did want to show some of these changes (new miners at blockchain.info's mining pool stats), which seem to be fairly dramatic over the past few days.

Today, I noticed "AntPool" appeared there for the first time (that I have seen).

Would AntPool be related to the manufacturer of the AntMiners?  Another example of the ASIC makers mining with the machines they make (before delivery to their customers)?

THANK YOU for any help!

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:20:53 PM

no other logical explanation imo,
I wonder if this pool goes public anyday?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

I am writing a new blog article, and I will be discussing BTC.  My piece will be why everyone should own some gold, have some CA$H and own some BTC.  Re BTC, I did want to show some of these changes (new miners at blockchain.info's mining pool stats), which seem to be fairly dramatic over the past few days.

Today, I noticed "AntPool" appeared there for the first time (that I have seen).

Would AntPool be related to the manufacturer of the AntMiners?  Another example of the ASIC makers mining with the machines they make (before delivery to their customers)?

THANK YOU for any help!

Hey, I just checked https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs ...it seems a few new players are here.

- Unknown with 1AcAj9p Address
- AntPool
- Unknown with 1BX5YoL Address
- Unknown with 1BwZeHJ Address

Should we assume that they are actually GHash.IO in different pseudo names ?

goldar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

THANK YOU for any help!

Answer to your question, YES it is Bitmain Tech testing pool.
and no, it will never go public.
As to why you all of sudden seeing it on blockchain.info is 'cause it is the testing ground for new S3 units.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Thanks, guys!

http://goo.gl/cfk7gy

EDIT: KnC and Bitmain, front-running their own customers, seems kind-of sleazy, no?
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

THANK YOU for any help!

Hey, I just checked https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs ...it seems a few new players are here.

- Unknown with 1AcAj9p Address
- AntPool
- Unknown with 1BX5YoL Address
- Unknown with 1BwZeHJ Address

Should we assume that they are actually GHash.IO in different pseudo names ?
I would speculate that they are large private solo miners that are mining into a single address (3 of them) and the AntPool has been reported to be bitman's testing pool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: