Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 1024 ARIN IPv4 Addresses - a /22 or four /24's  (Read 839 times)
greaterfool (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:37:58 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 03:57:56 PM by greaterfool

Looking to unload my IPv4 addresses in exchange for bitcoin. If you're an ISP or service provider who wants IPv4 addresses (and remember, the IPv4 crunch at ARIN has now begun), I'm offering a /22 in ARIN space, for a total of 1024 addresses, all contiguous. That's four distinct /24 blocks.

I've sold another block through a registered IP address middleman for roughly the equivalent of 50 BTC at the current exchange rate (in US dollars) a year ago before the IPv4 crunch started.

I'd want to use an escrow service for the transaction - getting your IPv4 transfer approved can take time, and you have to justify your need for the addresses to ARIN or your RIR (APNIC and RIPE will also allow inter-RIR transfers).

Any interest or offers? I've got plenty of offers for fiat, but it'd be nice to cut out the middleman as I'm only going to dump into BTC anyway Wink

Totally legit offer, will not deal with spammers or the like, no exceptions (you need a registered POC with your RIR, an ASN, and an existing org to transfer to, so if you're reading this and deciding it'd be a great way to start your own botnet.... don't bother.)

greaterfool (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:20:54 AM

Anyone?
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

Sorry bud. Not many people know how to even announce a block of IP addresses here. You're probably better off at like webhostingtalk and see if someone will pay in BTC for it.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:05:15 AM

True. All the same was interested to see that no one on this board would want a block, I know most understand the value in holding even a small amount of globally unique random numbers now that scarcity has kicked in Wink

IPv4 has had it's 20.5 millionth coin just mined, essentially... last chance to dance is coming up.

More like it's 20.9 millionth coin mined. Then again, it looks like Satoshi might let a huge flood of 1 million coins on the market. (Propositions to release the class E network space, http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fuller-240space, but it's still really just in the works.

Honestly and sadly, there's absolutely no way I could even remotely afford to house these IP addresses Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: