Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am not afraid of sharing bad ideas.  (Read 3813 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:40:25 PM

For every 100 bad ideas you share, you are bound to make one good one. To me that's worth it.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 05:41:12 PM

For every 100 bad ideas you share, you are bound to make one good one. To me that's worth it.
For every 100 bad threads you start, you are bound to make one good one. Sorry, this wasn't one of the good ones.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 05:54:09 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2012, 11:56:03 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

First, Matthew steals my Twunker idea, of which has been turned over to the Bitcoin Magazine and I currently have to deal with Adam to get it back, now comes along Boss (a.k.a. Atlas) and steals my post and turns it into a thread title. What is this forum coming to?

Seriously, Boss is correct. I'm still taken aback, though, that Koinaraoke hasn't gotten its legs--yet.

~Bruno~ (not Luca Bruno)
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:02:47 PM

Lock the thread!

btw, do you like reading your own posts and threads or something..?

You really are an attention whore..  Get a hobby, get a new GF, clearly the last(first) one left, thats why your back here vomiting on your keyboard in public..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:06:04 PM

Lock the thread!

btw, do you like reading your own posts and threads or something..?

You really are an attention whore..  Get a hobby, get a new GF, clearly the last(first) one left, thats why your back here vomiting on your keyboard in public..

Let's just say this place is essential for my creative process. Codename: March 11th, remember?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:33:34 PM

... this place is essential for my creative process. ...

I see, ... didn´t intend to interrupt you.  Grin

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:51:18 PM

Creating so many topics is annoying, though. Might be better to create a topic called "Boss's ideas" and keep your new ideas there for a while before creating topics for them.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:56:40 PM

This idea is better than all Boss's ideas combined!
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:00:25 PM

Creating so many topics is annoying, though. Might be better to create a topic called "Boss's ideas" and keep your new ideas there for a while before creating topics for them.
That will be for the best, in the future.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:36:07 PM

I don't think anyone has a problem here with the sharing of ideas and information Atlas.

It's more like going to the doctor's office and telling him he should try what you say because "sometimes you can be right". Why even go to a doctor then? Just do it yourself. Start your own labs and experiment on animals and poor people like we've been doing for thousands of years. When you catch up with the world of medicine and can actually argue a valid point, you might be surprised that people actually ask you questions.

There is an Indian civilian who found a much better way to perform vasectomies that involves a rubber chemical compound injected directly into your nuts. Is it ready for the world? Probably not. Has it passed every safety test in the world? Probably not. Does absolutely everyone believe in it hands-down? Probably not. Does it work? Yes. That's enough to get the ball rolling in his direction.

Your problem is you have nothing to roll the ball with. Gain some weight and you'll make a bigger splash. You've finally begun to work on the first major hurdle-- humility. Mistakes are essential to growth and experience, but without humility, no one will give you the second chance to prove you learned. Good job.

As for some of the ideas that come out of your mouth (like woolong device where you thought every merchant in the world would have a USB port, when it's hard enough to get them to even use the same credit card standards) I'm sure on some planet your way of thinking might work, but your major flaw is that this is earth.

TL;DR: Never be afraid to share ideas. Be afraid of not learning from them.

Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 09:01:09 PM

For every 100 bad threads you start, you are bound to make one good one. Sorry, this wasn't one of the good ones.

Obviously

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:41:13 PM

I was open to sharing "bad" ideas when I first came to this forum. But after meeting some of the sociopaths here, I have realized that in this place it's better to just stay quite...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 10:47:50 PM

I was open to sharing "bad" ideas when I first came to this forum. But after meeting some of the sociopaths here, I have realized that in this place it's better to just stay quite...

We've seen how you treat people who try to help you with your ideas.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:51:28 PM

CornedBeefHash, I listen to people very well. To do otherwise is not in my best-interest.

I am just not tactful. I speak my mind and people take it as a lack of respect. I speak my mind and question what is said  -- even when what is said is mostly sound.

My view is that people should be confident enough not to require my reverence. In essence, I like to treat people like gods: Powerful people that can stand on their own two feet without my compliance and conformity.

A person that deserves my respect doesn't need it all.

A true god needs no servants, nobody under him. He stands, sustains and remains content on his own. It is this idol, this vision that I live by. It is this form that I wish for everybody to attain -- in one way or another.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:02:12 PM

CornedBeefHash, I listen to people very well. To do otherwise is not in my best-interest.

I am just not tactful. I speak my mind and people take it as a lack of respect. I speak my mind and question what is said even what is being sound is mostly sound.

My view is that they should be confident enough not to require my reverence. In essence, I like to treat people like gods: Powerful people that can stand on their own two feet without my compliance and conformity.

Not related to respect, grasping why things won't work quickly, admitting it won't work that way, then correcting the direction yourself is what builds 'reverence'. I call it humility, but I'm sure engineers call it common sense. Your major problem is that you try to get involved nonchalantly into politics without the slightest bit of sense for what people want. All the chest thumping and anti-establishmentarianism from you does no good if you talk and act the same as a kindergartener with no self control or humility. Now, I bet you might argue that you don't care what people think, but that basically means you have no business in politics.

People who have passion for change, hate the system, and yet don't care what othes want are called self-serving activists. 9-11 was an act of self serving activism.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:07:56 PM

I am just not tactful. I speak my mind and people take it as a lack of respect. I speak my mind and question what is said even what is being sound is mostly sound.

My view is that they should be confident enough not to require my reverence. In essence, I like to treat people like gods: Powerful people that can stand on their own two feet without my compliance and conformity.

Not related to respect, grasping why things won't work quickly, admitting it won't work that way, then correcting the direction yourself is what builds 'reverence'. I call it humility, but I'm sure engineers call it common sense. Your major problem is that you try to get involved nonchalantly into politics without the slightest bit of sense for what people want. All the chest thumping and anti-establishmentarianism from you does no good if you talk and act the same as a kindergartener with no self control or humility. Now, I bet you might argue that you don't care what people think, but that basically means you have no business in politics.

People who have passion for change, hate the system, and yet don't care what othes want are called self-serving activists. 9-11 was an act of self serving activism.

Matthew, I'll put it simply:

I admire leaders, egoists and independent people.

You like to surround yourself with people who constantly desire approval and guidance.

Our philosophies are vastly different and I accept that. As for describing my political philosophy, your assumptions are so far out-of-reality that I see no point in correcting you. If you're genuinely interested in what I have to say, I'll happily try having a discussion with you.

May I remind you, you are nowhere near a savant when it comes to people and this is based on reality. Your choices you made regarding Goat were far from clean and mature. You are in no place to mentor anyone in this field.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:13:10 PM

I am just not tactful. I speak my mind and people take it as a lack of respect. I speak my mind and question what is said  -- even when what is said is mostly sound.

My view is that people should be confident enough not to require my reverence. In essence, I like to treat people like gods: Powerful people that can stand on their own two feet without my compliance and conformity.

A person that deserves my respect doesn't need it all.

A true god needs no servants, nobody under him. He stands, sustains and remains content on his own. It is this idol, this vision that I live by. It is this form that I wish for everybody to attain -- in one way or another.

Good grief Charlie Brown did you even read what I wrote. No, on second thought, don’t respond, never mind, my quandary will continue.

I did. You said I didn't listen to people.

In reality, what you don't approve of is who I am and that's fine.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:38:38 PM

Matthew, I'll put it simply:

I admire leaders, egoists and independent people.
You admire outcasts. It's a teenager thing.

You like to surround yourself with people who constantly desire approval and guidance.
Actually I'm a challenge junkie who loves discovering people more intelligent and skilled than myself and helping them be more useful while learning how to be more useful myself. Take Vladimir Marchenko for example. He knows way more about information and network security than me. He had to babystep me through using an SSH tunnel. Why would I want to be around someone like him unless it was because I want to know what he knows and do what he does? I'm pretty sure that applies to the majority of people I spend my time with. The reasoning behind not only working with people who know more than me (like when I gave you a chance to prove some of your ideas as well) is because I enjoy discovering and creating opportunities. I'll be dead soon no doubt, and the only thing that gets me out of bed everyday is the chance to do something bigger and better than yesterday. I'm a true and natural engineer. I am a teacher and a leader wherever I go, even when I'm the least qualified-- in which case I found themost qualified and put them in charge.

People like me are essential to companies, schools, and militias. We are ready to die for a dream, but also eager to know why that dream might not be worth dying for. It's called being self aware Atlas. People have made fun of you for not being self aware. I think I am the perfect person with the perfect experiences to be telling you this.

Our philosophies are vastly different and I accept that. As for describing my political philosophy, your assumptions are so far out-of-reality that I see no point in correcting you. If you're genuinely interested in what I have to say, I'll happily try having a discussion with you.
I have no philosophy dictated by books of other people who have actually lived so you'll certainly know more than me when arguing philosophies. Unfortunately, I'm not alive to prove other people wrong-- that's just an entertaining passtime-- I'm alive to be useful. I consider philosophy useless.

May I remind you, you are nowhere near a savant when it comes to people and this is based on reality. Your choices you made regarding Goat were far from clean and mature. You are in no place to mentor anyone in this field.

Au contrare, I knew my mistakes right when I made them. I learned from them and won't be making them again. I'm therefor first hand experienced in the matter.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Matthew, I've rejected everything society has tried to shove down my throat; to say I am not self-aware is to say I rely on dogma. My philosophy is nearly set on anti-ideology. Look, you won't understand and it's fine.

You're smart. You're kind. You're special.

The fact you spent two paragraphs justifying your self-worth tells me all I need to know about you, Matt. Get some self-confidence. You don't have to prove squat to me.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:50:04 PM

Matthew, I've rejected everything society has tried to shove down my throat; to say I am not self-aware is to say I rely on dogma. My philosophy is nearly set on anti-ideology. Look, you won't understand and it's fine.

You're smart. You're kind. You're special.

The fact you spent two paragraphs justifying your self-worth tells me all I need to know about you, Matt. Get some self-confidence. You don't have to prove squat to me.

Your narrowmindedness is a weakness Atlas. Your confidence is a good thing but you didn't even stop to think I enjoy talking? I can argue you to the grave. If that's what you "figured out" about me then good job!

Also, for me personally, I think the biggest argument against my lifestyle is having too much self-confidence. Why are we even talking if everything we say abouf the other is so supposedly glaringly wrong? I call for a rematch later on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: