Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 02:20:07 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyhook opensource ATM - Opinions?  (Read 3758 times)
Kieronbm

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:19:39 AM

Got mine running now...setup was less difficult than I expected, but still a couple hours (mainly because I used the wallet it came with, which can't be made secure).

I have a twitter feed for it, @bitcoinindy, and some sales graphs, etc: https://sites.google.com/site/kieronbm/home/atm
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:08:08 AM

while i have no used it and never seen it working, i had a Chance to see it without electricity - http://instagram.com/p/xKUH81Qqrn/
Looks allright but no idea if it works - guys that had it have never made it run.

Not sure if you saw this, but I demonstrated ours here;   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FGBNzfquM

I haven't had the capital to put into this, to make it function.   I want to be able to have a few coins to stick in my blockchain wallet (where the Skyhook connects to for a wallet), but I have been overwhelmed by start up costs, and I haven't been able to establish our ATM yet.   But soon hopefully.

I would be willing to sell mine for 2.80 coin plus 0.15 for shipping if anyone is interested in buying?  (escrow required)

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:11:17 AM

Got mine running now...setup was less difficult than I expected, but still a couple hours (mainly because I used the wallet it came with, which can't be made secure).

I have a twitter feed for it, @bitcoinindy, and some sales graphs, etc: https://sites.google.com/site/kieronbm/home/atm

I don't understand, what do you mean by the wallet it came with?    I connect securely to blockchain.info with my Project Skyhook ATM.  Do you have a different model?

10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
Kieronbm

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:26:59 AM

It came with a pre-made wallet, with the password printed on a piece of paper.

Blockchain.info won't allow me to change the main password ("for security reasons, you have to create a new wallet"), so...that's what I had to do to secure it.  Took awile, since I had already set it all up using the wallet it came with.

K
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:00:51 AM

It came with a pre-made wallet, with the password printed on a piece of paper.

Blockchain.info won't allow me to change the main password ("for security reasons, you have to create a new wallet"), so...that's what I had to do to secure it.  Took awile, since I had already set it all up using the wallet it came with.

K

I wish you best wishes!  That vape shop is tight!  Love what they are doing with what looks like a lounge!

Kieronbm

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:44:14 AM

Yeah, and they are really nice guys too.

If you don't get any takers on your Skyhook box, I'll buy it just to have an extra one (assuming it works ok).  I can't pay anywhere near the 2.8 BTC, tho.

PM me.
99Percent

Activity: 408
Merit: 101

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:42:13 AM

I got my Skyhook BTM today and I think its just great. I am going to set it up here in Mexico City.

I have some questions though which I tried to look up on the internet and I could not find any answers.

What does "open source" mean when referring to this BTM? I understand the software side of it, but does it also include the design and hardware aspects too?
I would like to explore the possibility of manufacturing this BTM in Mexico, importing the bill acceptor for Mexican currency, but before I do that I want to be sure if the "open source" also means I can actually produce my own BTMs without running into patent or licensing issues. If that is not a problem, where can I find detailed instructions on how to build your own Skyhook BTMs, including parts lists.

Of course I would also contribute and make my own hardware specific changes open source.

TIA.

Kieronbm

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:24:05 AM

I haven't seen a BOM for the hardware, but I have seen it requested multiple times.

Best place so far for this detail is the reddit subforum for skyhook:

http://www.reddit.com/r/projectskyhook/
Pastafarian

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:47:55 AM

I wish someone here in Manila, Philippines would get one of these babies and start running a physical exchange. That'd drive adoption here over the roof!

PS: I'm willing to contribute if anyone here wants to install one here in the Phils.

As a Filipino-American, I might help support your idea. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss further Smiley

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:15:57 AM

Yeah, and they are really nice guys too.

If you don't get any takers on your Skyhook box, I'll buy it just to have an extra one (assuming it works ok).  I can't pay anywhere near the 2.8 BTC, tho.

PM me.

It works, see my videos from previous posts.   

2.80 is less than retail, less than I paid for it.   But I could go to 2.60 at the absolute lowest.    (or whatever $850 USD translates too)

Anyway, just a way for someone who is buying one retail to save some coin.    Thanks for the offer.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: