Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:31:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kickstarter: Bitcoin - The End of Money As We Know It  (Read 950 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:43:38 AM

Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcointheendofmoney/bitcoin-the-end-of-money-as-we-know-it

could be a nice docu, donate some if you like to see it  Smiley

http://theendofmoneyasweknowit.wordpress.com/

from twitter:

Documentary in production. Bitcoin: End Of Money As We Know It.

btc address: 1HwpSk7JHkiiJ7dCj7Sn6EXuKuFHJ7exLA

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:23:42 AM

Funny times, when even making documentary is kickstartered and is begging for money.
People should make documentary with their own money or loans because they are motivated then to do it well, to be able to get their money back and even earn some. Kickstartered documentary will be lower quality by definition.
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:25:52 AM

Video looks cool
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

Funny times, when even making documentary is kickstartered and is begging for money.
People should make documentary with their own money or loans because they are motivated then to do it well, to be able to get their money back and even earn some. Kickstartered documentary will be lower quality by definition.

i dont think so. to make this movie it costs something and the film gets better not worse with money.

BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:01:49 AM

Are they kickstarting a documentary? This would be nice if they would have a big budget to work with and get the word out about bitcoin to the rest of the world.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:17:05 AM

im saying this for a long time now, what we need is a "bitcoin-the movie" blockbuster
imagine the surge of new people, it would be out of this world.
documentary is also good, but wont hit too much people, we need young people that can hype it Cheesy
BenTheEndOfMoney

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:26:55 AM

Are they kickstarting a documentary? This would be nice if they would have a big budget to work with and get the word out about bitcoin to the rest of the world.

Hi there, Ben from the documentary here, we plan to popularise and create Bitcoin awareness outside of the community. We have decided that a documentary format is the best way to do this.

Here are some teaser videos for you guys, we have many interviews shot already, this is a taste of what is to come.

http://theendofmoneyasweknowit.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/teaser-interview-videos/

Thanks for any support, happy to take questions

Ben
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:37:36 AM

Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcointheendofmoney/bitcoin-the-end-of-money-as-we-know-it

could be a nice docu, donate some if you like to see it  Smiley

http://theendofmoneyasweknowit.wordpress.com/

from twitter:

Documentary in production. Bitcoin: End Of Money As We Know It.

btc address: 1HwpSk7JHkiiJ7dCj7Sn6EXuKuFHJ7exLA

Good luck with the documentary and the donations.  I just have to let you guys know that my irony detector went off pretty big-time when I saw "the end of money as we know it" followed by "looking for donations".  I mean, if the guy making the documentary has bitcoins, which are ostensibly "the end of money...." then.... Ok, it was just a weak reading on my irony detector.
MuchoMinero

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:20:48 PM

I've just recently watched this documentary and I would like to take my hat off to its creator. The documentary's discussion on the history of money was solid-- it will really challenge your understanding of what and how money should be, and society's role and power in having a say in how it's created and regulated.

It gave a good intro and rationale for why we should have and use bitcoin (and the other crypto-currencies), although IMO it fell short in showing how bitcoin would really end money as we know it. (The story of how the Silk Road story 'tarnished' bitcoin's reputation should've been discussed extensively, as it shows some of the pitfalls of the 'budding' crypto-currency industry.)

Overall, still a good watch; I'd give it an 8/10 rating if this is IMDB.  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: