Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about forum moderation  (Read 3235 times)
restless (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:31:20 AM

Is there a place where one can ask for moderation of a moderator?
Recently a new assigned moderator is deleting posts written in the only bulgarian thread in the forum claiming they are offtopic
So far this moderator never wrote anything in bulgarian, it seems he is deleting posts only because they are in cyrillic.

It seems there is no place where bulgarian can write and post about new coins in this forum. If we post in the ONLY bulgarian thread, a moderator who has NO knowledge of the language, deletes our posts.
Should we troll in the russian or serbian forum then?
Or Bitcointalk forum has special (ethnic based) treatment for bulgarians?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:19:47 AM

If there's only one Bulgarian thread you shouldn't be cluttering it up with altcoin content.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:26:59 AM

Ah, you don't even care about the coin, you just want to collect the bounty for translating it. Yeah, definitely spam, knock it off, and stop reposting deleted messages.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658562.msg7482143#msg7482143

Bulgarian translation
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56593.msg7484284#msg7484284
(a moderator deleted the post initially)
just in case: Sjxyhk9fuJz4WKzNFioL8bErkEEcqLGem3

PS: Awesome idea, I hope it will be released in-time

restless (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:44:57 AM

So.
No post, no problem
This is simply nazi-way of solving the problem.

Where can I post about a new coin, here is these forums?
Are you saying, that for Bulgarians, posting about new coins is prohibited, because we are Bulgarian?
Why are you NOT deleting post about new coins from Russian?
From Greeks? From Turkish? From Romanians?
Are you implying that these are BETTER and so they are allowed "to spam" ?

I have no problem posting on different forum. But I want to post here, in Bitcointalk forum

Please clarify if moderators of Bitcointalk forum prohibit Bulgarians about talking for new coins?
restless (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:57:41 AM

Satisfied Mr Moderator who hates cyrillic letters?

All the best. Moderate to live.
kaosbg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:26:11 AM

If there's only one Bulgarian thread you shouldn't be cluttering it up with altcoin content.

Well, in that case, on behalf of the Bulgarian comunity in that forum, we would like to have a dedicated section.

If the forum administration consider that as inapropriate due to a low count of members, then a Slavik languages section could serve the Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Croatian, Check, Polish, Slovenian, Slovakian, Macedonian, Montenegrian, Ukrainian, Belorussian members of the forum. And of course, it would be appropriate to create a sub-section for every language plus a moderator crew, having a clue of these languages.

The comunity from the aforementioned countries is quite bigger than the e.g. Portuguese speaking one (Portugal, Brasil, Mozambique, Angola, Macao, Goa), the Hebrew speaking one, the Greek one etc.

Consider this message as an official request.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

Are you implying that these are BETTER and so they are allowed "to spam" ?

We have subforums for altcoin discussion.

Other languages/locations board should be used for Bitcoin discussion only, as you said this is Bitcointalk forum.

I have no problem posting on different forum. But I want to post here, in Bitcointalk forum

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:05:14 PM

Well, in that case, on behalf of the Bulgarian comunity in that forum, we would like to have a dedicated section.

If the forum administration consider that as inapropriate due to a low count of members, then a Slavik languages section could serve the Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Croatian, Check, Polish, Slovenian, Slovakian, Macedonian, Montenegrian, Ukrainian, Belorussian members of the forum. And of course, it would be appropriate to create a sub-section for every language plus a moderator crew, having a clue of these languages.

The comunity from the aforementioned countries is quite bigger than the e.g. Portuguese speaking one (Portugal, Brasil, Mozambique, Angola, Macao, Goa), the Hebrew speaking one, the Greek one etc.

Consider this message as an official request.

This is the only real solution, using the only Bulgarian thread here on a Bitcoin forum to promote altcoins is not reasonable, but then again neither is cluttering up Other with a ton of threads for alt coin translations for a ton of different languages (many will do it for the bounties, even if not you or the OP). It's still a Bitcoin forum. Bulgarian thread only has 9 pages since it's conception in 2012, so probably not worth it for that. Some of the countries you mentioned already have dedicated sections as well. There may be a better solution we haven't thought of yet.

Satisfied Mr Moderator who hates cyrillic letters?

All the best. Moderate to live.

That doesn't change anything, you may not be the translate for bounties spammer type, but others are.

Because they have an altcoin section within their respective forums already.  

We aren't trying to limit anyone from talking about an altcoin, we're trying to limit the altcoin spam in Bitcoin sections. Look at the big picture instead of rushing to play the martyr. If we let you promote altcoins in the Bulgarian thread, then there will be many others who do it as well since they'll be getting paid for it. Same for posting in Other or English Alt Currencies, except 20 times as worse.

kaosbg

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

Quote from: BadBear
Bulgarian thread only has 9 pages since it's conception in 2012, so probably not worth it for that.

Well, as our dedicated language "corner" is a single topic, it is not quite amazing that is is undeveloped. A lot of the Cryptocoin enthusiasts in our country do not speak very well english. Therefore, they have to jump into alternative forums due to the lack of understandable information or rely to friends to help with translation. I hope you agree, that the current format (single topic) is quite uncomfortable not only for us, but for the other "single-topic" language users.

Quote from: BadBear
many will do it for the bounties

I don't have the impression that the other translations are "pro bono" Smiley Anyway, if the dev of the coin agrees to pay for that translation, I don't see a reason that deal to be interfered by any form of authority.

Imho, it is a discriminative to restrict any translation just because the forum administration consider a language as "irrelevant". And "irrelevant" because the users of that language haven't been given with equal to other languages conditions to develop their language section. If the translation has been placed in wrong section, it is totally agreable to be deleted. BUT... there is no section, where these translations are allowed. This is a kind of Catch 22.

All this inequality is not in a benefit of the crypto community and definately does not help for the popularisation of the ideas behind the crypto currencies. Well, at least by this forum.

Quote from: BigBear
We aren't trying to limit anyone from talking about an altcoin, we're trying to limit the altcoin spam in Bitcoin sections

Altcoins exist and their market share is growing. So dedicating a space for them will decrase the spam in the BTC sections.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Quote from: BigBear
We aren't trying to limit anyone from talking about an altcoin, we're trying to limit the altcoin spam in Bitcoin sections

Altcoins exist and their market share is growing. So dedicating a space for them will decrase the spam in the BTC sections.

This site is "bitcointalk.org", not "insertaltcoinheretalk.org". I'm working on a solution for communications regarding alternative coins, but it's not done yet.

kaosbg

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:56:31 PM

Other languages/locations board should be used for Bitcoin discussion only, as you said this is Bitcointalk forum.

According that statement, the Altcoin section should not be present in that forum...

Imho, developing the altcoin section will benefit that forum, cause Bitcoin and altcoins are connected. Conflict BTC vs. Altcoins is not the path we want to follow.
Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

According that statement, the Altcoin section should not be present in that forum...

Indeed quite some people here have been suggesting to remove the whole altcoin section in the past, IIRC.

kaosbg

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:16:20 PM

Indeed quite some people here have been suggesting to remove the whole altcoin section in the past, IIRC.

Well, compare the percentage activity in that section with others... more than 2.2M posts, which is about 1/3 of the posts in that forum, excluding the "Local" sections. In the "Local languages" - the posts regarding Altcoins are more than 50%. And almost all these posts belong to late crypto adopters. Not everyone got the chance to mine 50 BTC per day with his laptop...
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:41:37 PM

Imho, developing the altcoin section will benefit that forum, cause Bitcoin and altcoins are connected. Conflict BTC vs. Altcoins is not the path we want to follow.

Agreed, I fully support removing the altcoin section... but it's here to stay for now.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:51:59 PM

Agreed, I fully support removing the altcoin section... but it's here to stay for now.
Likewise, there needs to be a petition or something for the removal of that section.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kaosbg

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:11:43 PM

You might get quite surprised of the outcome Smiley
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:54:02 PM

1.- Clone bitcointalk onto e.g. altcoinstalk.
2.- Remove alts crap from bitcointalk.
3.- Remove bitcoin stuff from altcoinstalk.
4.- Peace and love.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

1.- Clone bitcointalk onto e.g. altcoinstalk.
2.- Remove alts crap from bitcointalk.
3.- Remove bitcoin stuff from altcoinstalk.
4.- Peace and love.
If only theymos would listen. This forum would be so much better off if that happened.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
WildChaser777

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:00:34 PM by WildChaser777

Here's what I wrote to theymos

Hello,

Excuse me if I should not be writing to you, but you're the only global administrator that I found. If I should not be writing to you, please forward the following message to whoever it needs to be addressed.

So, I'm a Bulgarian. I just discovered that the Bulgarian thread here is only one, and it's hard to post in it. Everything could turn into mess when people have to write about different kind of things in only one thread. That's the main reason why so few Bulgarians post here. We have quite a big mining community, Btc-e is hosted in Bulgaria after all. So my question is, is it possible to move/create a Bulgarian section in the "Local" sub-forum? We really need it so we can post different topics, etc. This would be a really nice thing to happen.

Thank you for you time. Looking forward to your answer.

As I thought that there are no that many Bulgarians here, I proposed him to put me as a moderator, just to get the section going, if there are no other Bulgarians who can moderate here. Didn't get an answer. We're talking about linguistic and cultural censorship here. We have quite some big mining community, after all BTC-E is hosted in Bulgaria. Quite childish from the management staff.

And you're not to judge who should, or should not translate. The French/Spanish/German guys are translating and claiming bounties, and we must not??? Isn't the crypto idea about decentralization and equality? You're not the one to say to someone not to translate, and not to get payed for it, if he's doing it professionally. I studied 4 languages (excl. my native - Bulgarian, 5 with it) and I translate sometimes for real $ (more then you guys are getting here) in the real world, and getting stopped from translating in some forum is simply ridiculous. I laughed so hard when my post was deleted yesterday, with my Veil translation.

P.S. I wrote to theymos. Let's see if the guy will spend a minute and say if we can have our forum, or we'll get the hell outta here.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2949

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:14:58 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:28:26 PM by Cyrus

As I thought that there are no that many Bulgarians here, I proposed him to put me as a moderator, just to get the section going, if there are no other Bulgarians who can moderate here.
That's not quite the way things work around here(usually moderators in local forums are elected after a vote). Plus, if you aren't sure if there are any other Bulgarians who can moderate here, what makes you think there are enough to justify creating an entire subforum.
As Badbear properly pointed out:
Bulgarian thread only has 9 pages since it's conception in 2012
Pretty rough calculation equates to 0.17 posts/day.

Didn't get an answer. We're talking about linguistic and cultural censorship here. We have quite some big mining community, after all BTC-E is hosted in Bulgaria. Quite childish from the management staff.
As pointed out, the Bulgarian activity on Bitcointalk is low. That's the actual fact. When/if that changes, we can talk some more about it.

And you're not to judge who should, or should not translate. The French/Spanish/German guys are translating and claiming bounties, and we must not???
So, you're jelly, is that it? You just want some crappy bounty offered in a coin that may or may not be around next month. This is the only reason you guys complain when I delete your posts(not just from the Bulgarian thread, but from the Other Languages forum altogether).

Isn't the crypto idea about decentralization and equality? You're not the one to say to someone not to translate, and not to get payed for it, if he's doing it professionally.
If there is no proper place to post it, it's either offtopic or spam.

I studied 4 languages (excl. my native - Bulgarian, 5 with it) and I translate sometimes for real $ (more then you guys are getting here) in the real world, and getting stopped from translating in some forum is simply ridiculous. I laughed so hard when my post was deleted yesterday, with my Veil translation.
Well, then go translate in the real world and go earn some more real $ and leave this forum alone. Afterall, this is the sole reason you want a Bulgarian forum, in order to make some real $.

EDIT: I don't have nothing against the Bulgarians(I visited Bulgaria quite a few times, lovely country and people - recommend). I remove coin announcements in the Other Languages forum because they disrupt the thread. Maybe in the new forum software coming out, there will be a better way to incorporate different local boards.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: