Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about forum moderation  (Read 3238 times)
PepiX

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:29:56 PM

If there is no proper place to post it, it's either offtopic or spam.

Do you really believe that? That is utter bs..

So depending on the language one (and the same) thing may be either offtopic/spam or not? Would you really confirm that?

Noone blaims you that you hate bulgarians.. as far as I see it you are trying to justify something unjust with illogical statements.
WildChaser777

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:04:28 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 10:14:54 PM by WildChaser777

As Badbear properly pointed out:
Bulgarian thread only has 9 pages since it's conception in 2012
Pretty rough calculation equates to 0.17 posts/day.
What do you expect people to talk about when they're forced to only one thread for....let me think what... Aw, yes, for EVERYTHING?!

Didn't get an answer. We're talking about linguistic and cultural censorship here. We have quite some big mining community, after all BTC-E is hosted in Bulgaria. Quite childish from the management staff.
As pointed out, the Bulgarian activity on Bitcointalk is low. That's the actual fact. When/if that changes, we can talk some more about it.
Yes, look my upper post. We can talk about it in our Bulgarian sub-forum, when it's created.

And you're not to judge who should, or should not translate. The French/Spanish/German guys are translating and claiming bounties, and we must not???
So, you're jelly, is that it? You just want some crappy bounty offered in a coin that may or may not be around next month. This is the only reason you guys complain when I delete your posts(not just from the Bulgarian thread, but from the Other Languages forum altogether).
So you have nothing more to say, but to allude that I'm "jelly" because I want to talk to my Bulgarian friends here in my NATIVE language? And it's jealous, alright bro? Jelly's what you eat. Learn English, the English-English. When Bulgarians can't speak a foreign language well, they do not speak it. That's why those of us who can, we translate it to them. If the translator gets payed for it, that's a bonus. What, people mustn't be payed if they're doing something well, is that what you're saying? Really nice and totally non-insulting...

I studied 4 languages (excl. my native - Bulgarian, 5 with it) and I translate sometimes for real $ (more then you guys are getting here) in the real world, and getting stopped from translating in some forum is simply ridiculous. I laughed so hard when my post was deleted yesterday, with my Veil translation.
Well, then go translate in the real world and go earn some more real $ and leave this forum alone. Afterall, this is the sole reason you want a Bulgarian forum, in order to make some real $.
Keep your compliments to yourself. It's twisted of you to say:  "I've been to Bulgaria, nice people, nice country, I love trading on their BTC-E and get real $ for doing nothing, but hell I ain't letting them having their own sub-forum here, where they can post, incl. translate and get payed for it, like the French,German, Spanish, Italian, Indians are doing". You're sounding like a fascist, you know that? You've no right to let some people do one thing and to forbid to others to do it. And please, don't you dare to tell me where I should go to make my money, ok? That's immature of you, and the position you're representing. You should be ashamed. Oh, and what nationality you are? You know where from we are, let's see where from you are so we can forbid you and your people to translate in their native language. Wink

P.S. This message is backed up.
WildChaser777

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:17:03 PM

If there is no proper place to post it, it's either offtopic or spam.

Do you really believe that? That is utter bs..

So depending on the language one (and the same) thing may be either offtopic/spam or not? Would you really confirm that?

Noone blaims you that you hate bulgarians.. as far as I see it you are trying to justify something unjust with illogical statements.

He uses Google translate, shhhh. Very pro. Much respect.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:20:23 AM

What do you expect people to talk about when they're forced to only one thread for....let me think what... Aw, yes, for EVERYTHING?!

Works pretty well for everyone else, saying they aren't here because of that is not true in my experience. Almost all the foreign language boards started out as a single thread, and as their needs grew, so did their space. This isn't a Kevin Costner movie, just because we make it doesn't mean they're going to come. There is no or very little interest by Bulgarians, or if there is, there is no posting about it. So no section is necessary.

If that means you can't post about altcoins here, then that's what that means. This is a Bitcoin forum, it's already difficult enough to try and accommodate international Bitcoin users without worrying about the altcoin of the week too. There's minimal support by the forum for altcoins here, even in the dedicated sections, including English. If you don't have a dedicated section for whatever reason (which I covered already), then you shouldn't post it. Sorry, but that's the way it is.    

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:04:26 AM

Sorry, but the altcoins are keeping the Bitcoin alive. We mine them, convert them to BTC, then you bitcoiners out there get payed for the confirmations. Stop this discussion already. Altcoins are not less important than Bitcoin. You're alluding that we want two impossible things to happen - Bulgarian sub forum for altcoins and bitcoins. I bet admins and mods have their native language forums here, I also bet that the French and German forums were not a single thread.Every time you guys are posting and trying to throw an explanation why we won't see our own forum, the level of hypocricity in your posts is too damn high. So, its fine for some people here to, let's say translate and get played for it, but for us it ain't. Classic example of making the rich richer. Please, don't try to explain anything. It's all clear + the show of uninterest of the global admin, he did not enter here even though I asked him. Use the btc-e, we ain't hypocrites like you guys. That's the way things are around here unfortunately.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:27:05 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 10:08:15 AM by Cyrus

And you're not to judge who should, or should not translate. The French/Spanish/German guys are translating and claiming bounties, and we must not???
So, you're jelly, is that it? You just want some crappy bounty offered in a coin that may or may not be around next month. This is the only reason you guys complain when I delete your posts(not just from the Bulgarian thread, but from the Other Languages forum altogether).
So you have nothing more to say, but to allude that I'm "jelly" because I want to talk to my Bulgarian friends here in my NATIVE language? And it's jealous, alright bro? Jelly's what you eat. Learn English, the English-English. When Bulgarians can't speak a foreign language well, they do not speak it. That's why those of us who can, we translate it to them. If the translator gets payed for it, that's a bonus. What, people mustn't be payed if they're doing something well, is that what you're saying? Really nice and totally non-insulting...
Ever heard of slang? Or the proper past tense of the verb 'to pay'? You should know this if you claim you're a translator.
I'll give you a hint, it's not 'payed'.

Once and for all, understand that creating a language subforum so that translated coin announcements can be posted is not a proper reason, it's not a reason at all.

restless (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:11:45 AM

So.
Moderators say that Bulgarians are forbidden to translate to Bulgarian.
Because they are from Bulgaria and write and speak in their own language.
And the thread has small amount of posts... when you DELETE posts, and disable any communication.
And, according to Eal F. Skillz , he thinks we should be forbidden to discuss altcoins also. No one from moderators disputed him.

As  I see it, and as claimed by you, you are literally fucking us, telling that "you are small and unimportant, we don't care about you. Better be gone from these forums"

Thank you kindly for being so open with us.

restless (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:19:29 AM

And 1 more thing.

I allowed myself to skip into several topics of other 1-thread languages.

Guess what?

There are translations about altcoin announcements.
They are NOT deleted

So.

Why OTHER 1-thread communities are ALLOWED to translate?

While 4 or 5 of you MORONS keep telling that this is forbidden for everyone else, and in fact IT IS NOT.

Prove you are not racists - delete ALL TRANSLATIONS in other single-threaded nation-topics.

Please, prove me you are sincere.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2105

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:25:43 AM

And, according to Eal F. Skillz , he thinks we should be forbidden to discuss altcoins also.

Read again: Other languages/locations board should be used for Bitcoin discussion only, as you said this is Bitcointalk forum.

There are translations about altcoin announcements.
They are NOT deleted

Report them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
restless (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:53:04 AM

Now you claim to delete only reported posts... which is the true statement?
Or you admit that only bulgarian thread is strictly cleaned?
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:55:18 AM

Pretty bold stuff, care to quote that?
mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

Moderators are humans. We don't have the time to go through every post and check if it is ok. That's why there are reports.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

Moderators are humans. We don't have the time to go through every post and check if it is ok. That's why there are reports.

Wait, you're not heartless robots!? I've been tricked!

I honestly can't believe this thread is still active. It seems that OP is pulling the race card (in this case, the speech card).

In reality, we have NO rights to the forums at all. If theymos wanted, he could ban us all without reason right this second. If you don't like it, you can create your own forum.

Personally, I'm working on creating my own forum, but with blackjack and hookers. Well, screw the forum part.

restless (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:59:25 AM

See above.
It was clearly written that Bulgarians are forbidden to translate to bulgarian, altcoin-related texts written in English and post these in the thread which is supposed to be for bulgarians and is supposed to be used only from bulgarians writing and reading Bulgarian.
I'm pretty sure my English is better than your Bulgarian.... yet I don't ask to moderate english forums

And moderators admitted to delete these posts even without reports from bulgarians.

Even deleting posts which were comments on the translated text, not a translation

And deleting posts and parts of the posts, where we asked the moderator to EXPLAIN WHY IS HE DELETING the posts.

2 quotes that describe the situation

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

Freedom of choice is made for you my friend
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:25:09 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 12:44:00 PM by WildChaser777

What kind of twisted administration this is? So you control us by yourself. You stalk our thread, and if someone posts something about altcoins, his post gets deleted. But the French forum can be filled with payed altcoin translations?! And you're blind to see that and you want us to believe this crap that you ain't seeing it, and report it to you by ourselves? Fascism my friend, just accept it.

I demand again, what is your nationality?

EDIT:

Ever heard of slang?

Since you're such an English grammar pro. You should've known better that it should be "Ever heard of a slang", aka indefinite article.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:31:18 PM

Neither of our nationalities matter in this case. Spam is spam and it has been dealt with. But if you care so much, you could simply look at my signature Smiley.

What kind of twisted administration this is? So you control us by yourself. You stalk our thread, and if someone posts something about altcoins, his post gets deleted. But the French forum can be filled with payed altcoin translations?! And you're blind to see that and you want us to believe this crap that you ain't seeing it, and report it to you by ourselves? Fascism my friend, just accept it.
By the way, you made the same grammar mistake again, still late at night/early morning?

I'm pretty sure every translated coin announcement has been deleted from the Other languages forum, but if you happen to spot one, please report it and it will be taken care of.

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:34:49 PM

Neither of our nationalities matter in this case. Spam is spam and it has been dealt with. But if you care so much, you could simply look at my signature Smiley.

Yes they do matter. Alright then. I just saw this : Romanian sub forum
Then I saw this crap at your sub forum. Hahahaha, you're so messed up man. You're not obeying your own principles. You're saying that there should be no discussions in the foreign language forums for anything else but Bitcoin. Tell me, what are you seeing in the 2nd link?  Roll Eyes

NB! Delete the Romanian translation from the 2nd link then. Here you go. I'm waiting. More to come.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:36:52 PM

See above.

A search of "forbid" in this thread doesn't yield any result like that. In fact, almost all ocurrences of "forbid" are yours.

It was clearly written that […]

I don't want a "clearly written". I want a literal quote to a post by a moderator saying that "Bulgarians are forbidden to translate to Bulgarian".

Even deleting posts which were comments on the translated text, not a translation

Followups to a deleted post hardly make any sense.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:41:29 PM

Yes they do matter. Alright then. I just saw this : Romanian sub forum
Then I saw this crap at your sub forum. Hahahaha, you're so messed up man. You're not obeying your own principles. You're saying that there should be no discussions in the foreign language forums for anything else but Bitcoin. Tell me, what are you seeing in the 2nd link?  Roll Eyes

Can you not read? Bitcoin Forum > Local > Română (Romanian) > Altcoins (Monede Alternative)

ALTCOINS belong in that section. There's a dedicated section for altcoins.

Bitcoin Forum -> Local -> Romanian would only allow Bitcoin discussion, but that extra step, the "> Altcoins" allows altcoins.

See, the Bulgarian thread doesn't have a section for altcoins. I don't understand why you don't understand this super freaking simple concept. I mean, this is basic categorization. Do I need to explain it like shapes for you?

WildChaser777

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

See, the Bulgarian thread doesn't have a section for altcoins. I don't understand why you don't understand this super freaking simple concept. I mean, this is basic categorization. Do I need to explain it like shapes for you?

Do we need to draw it to you, so that you can see that we want our dedicated sub-forum section where we can post this kind of stuff as well? The Romanian Bitcoin community is just a fraction of the Bulgarian one, be sure. Do I need to repeat again where BTC-E is?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: