Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:29:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we Becoming SLAVES to the Miner manufacturers  (Read 1003 times)
xray (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:22:21 AM

Are we Becoming SLAVES to the Miner manufacturers
With all the mining hardware looking harder to make some profit on
are we just being left with the scraps or dust of miners left from over the big boys when there finished with them
Or have we just financed all the big players farms with or pre orders, while most of them mine away with them until there is just scraps left for us to fight over
Then the old question needs to be asked is it better to hold on to our coins until one day they become worth something to turn into goods/fiat
or just buy coins ?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mvalley

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:04:24 PM

are we just being left with the scraps or dust of miners left from over the big boys when there finished with them
Or have we just financed all the big players farms with or pre orders, while most of them mine away with them until there is just scraps left for us to fight over
Then the old question needs to be asked is it better to hold on to our coins until one day they become worth something to turn into goods/fiat
or just buy coins ?

Yeah, of course we financed them. I actually think a lot of the Miner manufacturers started as people just wanting to make mining equipment for themselves but then they realized it would cost a lot for R&D and that the hardware would rapidly depreciate. So that's where we come in. We solve both of those problems by paying for their R&D via preorder and then they can dump their depreciating hardware off to someone (us).

Unfortunately, all of us miners are fools compared to the manufacturers. They are the only ones making bank out of the whole mining window of opportunity.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mwizard

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:04:46 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 11:40:23 PM by mwizard

I am not certain you should blame the traditional mining manufacturers for the move to large scale mining.

It seems to be part of a general trend to centralised mining because centralised mining is profitable, especially in areas with very cheap electricity.

There is also public demand for centralised cloud mining as domestic mining becomes more difficult.  Recent miners such as the SP10/SP20 and SP30 are not designed for domestic use - they are designed for data centres where rack space is more important than noise levels.  Anyone who uses cloud mining is encouraging centralisation and large scale mining.

Finally there is currently venture capital for large scale mining independent of the chip manufactures, for example DataTank.  There are few public details available but I would suspect most of the large centralised mining centres are not directly owned by the mining manufacturers. (Yes I know about KNCMiner).

It is possible all the American ASIC miner manufacturers (ButterflyLabs, HashFast, CoinTerra) would be in much better financial shape with some hope of survival if they had moved earlier into the centralised mining business rather than concentrating on trying to sell miners to the public.

In summary it appears the big money is flowing into centralised mining and this may have happened regardless of anything the mining manufacturers did.
omehenk

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:35:05 AM

wisdom is that merchants made more money than miners during the Gold Rush . !!    Wink
The wealthiest man in California during the early years of the rush was Samuel Brannan, the tireless self-promoter, shopkeeper and newspaper publisher

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Gold_Rush#Profits

H

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:43:47 AM

or just buy coins ?
Yeah, of course we financed them. I actually think a lot of the Miner manufacturers started as people just wanting to make mining equipment for themselves but then they realized it would cost a lot for R&D and that the hardware would rapidly depreciate. So that's where we come in. We solve both of those problems by paying for their R&D via preorder and then they can dump their depreciating hardware off to someone (us).

Unfortunately, all of us miners are fools compared to the manufacturers. They are the only ones making bank out of the whole mining window of opportunity.

^ Precisely. 

Don't think I would call it slavery though given that participation is completely voluntary.
xray (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:10:03 AM

[/quote]

^ Precisely. 

Don't think I would call it slavery though given that participation is completely voluntary.
[/quote]

Well i should really call it JUNKIE`S to Miner Manufacturers, cause like it or not were all HOOKED!
BTC_Fundamentals

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:18:25 PM

we are all slaves to them since BFL first preorders.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:13:42 PM

we are all slaves to them since BFL first preorders.

i dont even know why people keep buying miners when u obviously cant break roi.

manipulation at its finest, they are mining with equipement u paid for while its profitable, and they ship them to you when u cant even return investment.
thats why i was against asic devices in the first place.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:19:27 PM

I think stories of people got rich via mining is the true culprit to this. Those stories are all over the internet. Although they were true, they are sadly out of date now. If newbies would have think it through, they would have noticed the fact that no manufacturer would sell them a money making machine at a lower price than what they could make from it.
xray (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:08:31 AM

I think stories of people got rich via mining is the true culprit to this. Those stories are all over the internet. Although they were true, they are sadly out of date now. If newbies would have think it through, they would have noticed the fact that no manufacturer would sell them a money making machine at a lower price than what they could make from it.

I agree with what you said , the get rich quick has gotten the fever running in newbies
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: