Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: China: “There is space for Bitcoin” – PBOC Deputy Secretary  (Read 1073 times)
_smudger_ (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:08:02 PM

slowly, slowly, catchy monkey Smiley

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111911/china-there-is-space-for-bitcoin-pboc-deputy-secretary

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:29:48 PM

First they'll laugh at u

Then they'll ignore u

Then they'll fight with u

and then...

You Win !!!

The beast called Bitcoin is already unleashed. Just seat back and enjoy the show... the world is bound to accept it. Period !!!

Blues426

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:46:51 PM

When BTC price goes up, PBOC released messages that they would ban BTC.
When BTC price goes down, someone from PBOC said "There is space for BTC"!!??
Seems like someone is trying to manipulate the BTC price.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

I'm getting tired of "China news". The manipulative effect of such news is diminishing because of their release frequency that leads to habituation.

Regardless if such news are true or not, their importance is low, because:

1. China is not the only country in the world
2. There is more than one actor involved in chinese politics - so a simple statement of a single person does not necessarily mean much
3. Politics are not set in stone - even unfavourable decisions may be revoked later
4. People and technology may find a way around existing regulations
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:20:33 PM

the PBOC has never been a hater of bitcoin.. this is the same for bolivia and canada

but in both cases it is the media mis-interpretation of bank announcements. the media is trying to manipulate peoples impressionable minds to cause price movements.

the banks stance is the same as it was a decade ago, the banks will only offer directly FIAT, you cannot walk into a bank and get a tin of baked beans or bitcoins.

what private individuals and private financial companies do is what ever they want. banks love the fact that FIAT moves from bank account to bank account, as long as th FIAT is watched over (regulated)

so please understand that bitcoins are free to run wild in china, bolivia, canada, america, UK, europe, australia, asia, africa, nw zealand and everywhere else. nothing has changed.

too much FUD has been spread, especially those that say one thing but mean another. such as people who's bank accounts get closed due to not declaring the true intentions of who or why their FIAT is being moved around. the amount of bank accounts being closed due to lies exceeds accounts closed due to a bank being fully aware of bitcoin links by the account holder.

i avoid reading coindesk articles. instead i skim the articles to find the source links. and read the source material.. form my first impressions of the source material. and only then read the media news to see how exact or inaccurate the medias opinion is of the source material

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:56:01 PM

This news plus the fact that Okcoin has put some serious work into their web site and is now soliciting international investors bodes very well for the Bitcoin price!
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:28:17 PM

i avoid reading coindesk articles. instead i skim the articles to find the source links. and read the source material.. form my first impressions of the source material. and only then read the media news to see how exact or inaccurate the medias opinion is of the source material
These are the words of an intelligent, free-thinking person.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
_smudger_ (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:43:59 PM

http://www.financeasia.com/News/388141,bitcoin-alive-and-kicking-kind-of-in-china.aspx

xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Of course, they only say this so they can later ban Bitcoin again. Roll Eyes

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:44:36 PM

they never banned it.. coindesk mis-read it and the sheeple media cult followed the lead sheep

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:04:35 PM

they never banned it.. coindesk mis-read it and the sheeple media cult followed the lead sheep
They don't exactly "ban" in China anyway, at least according to some Chinese posters I read... They just restrict, hinder... Allowing it to exist as a niche, might be effectively the same as banning it. As long as the bitcoin exchanges show subservience they might be allowed to exist??

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

I don't pay too much attention to the bankers from any country. They are the kind of people that got us into the mess we are in anyway. The price moving 50 bucks every time China sneezes is silly.  

Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

yes,, there may be political here, whether it be from a large company or from the government itself. we need a firm hand in the fight for bitcoin is not mocked like this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: