Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
z
February 27, 2012, 03:05:53 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 10:35:32 PM by znort987

z
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:10:27 PM

I looked for VA but that one was registered by the time I looked.  So was B1tcoin and Bitc0in. Sad
So there are at least 3 Bitcoin fanatics in VA.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 03:49:36 PM

One of my truck's plate is up for renewal the end of March and am planning on getting the following for it: 1BTC1oo (the Firstbits for Bitcoin 100's vanity address).

VanityGen + Firstbits + Vanity License Plates = Hmmm!

And below the plate, have a bumper sticker that reads, "Google IT".

Or, better yet, remember when advertising car wraps were in vogue? What better way to advertise your brand then with a concise ad above a memorable Firstbit vanity license plate. For good measure, you can still place a "Google IT" bumper sticker below the plate.

Or, instead of a bumper sticker, a custom license plate frame may work just as well:

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 04:07:13 PM

Apologies for double posting--so soon! But want to drive the idea home.

Take the following:

The vanity license plate would be the Firstbits Bitcoin address: 1DixieQ

1DixieQ would be mounted in a custom license plate frame outlining a call for action, e.g., Google This Plate # (above) and If You're Droolin' (below).

On the vehicle itself, would be a simple ad which is less expensive than a full auto wrap. The only caveat is that the design of the vehicle would have to cater to all the design elements and work in concert with each other but, I believe, on most vehicles this should not be a problem.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Dreux)
Troll Toll

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 02:06:31 PM

I registered mine in NC.

Smiley

You gotta pay
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 04:43:08 PM

A bumper sticker conveys the same or a better message to motorists, without it being on DMV records to make IRS people curious, and without an extra fee to the state...jus' sayin'

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 05:13:57 PM

A bumper sticker conveys the same or a better message to motorists, without it being on DMV records to make IRS people curious, and without an extra fee to the state...jus' sayin'

If given a choice between a bumper sticker and a vanity license plate for the following image, which would have the greater impact?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 05:26:10 PM

I just found this image while conducting research for another thread:

It sparked an idea. Remember when this was in vogue, and maybe still is in some parts of the country?

What if you marry the two ideas and project an ad onto the payment, albeit best when the vehicle is at or near rest. Using the idea I mentioned above, the vanity license plate 1DixBBQ would be lite up on the highway.
Troll Toll

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 02:25:38 PM

The message being said to other motorist is that I support bitcoin. The fact that is in on a vanity plate and not a bumper sticker means that I have put much more effort into expressing this message.

So, actually, if the message you're trying to send is that you really like bitcoins, then a vanity plate is far superior to a bumper sticker. You're very much correct though, it did cost more $ and will perhaps get me audited by the IRS, but I plan on that anyway since I run my own business and have a flurry of write offs.

disclaimer: I'm not against bumper stickers. if you look at the back left corner of my car, you'll notice a BTC bumper sticker as well.

You gotta pay
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 02:52:47 PM

The message being said to other motorist is that I support bitcoin. The fact that is in on a vanity plate and not a bumper sticker means that I have put much more effort into expressing this message.

So, actually, if the message you're trying to send is that you really like bitcoins, then a vanity plate is far superior to a bumper sticker. You're very much correct though, it did cost more $ and will perhaps get me audited by the IRS, but I plan on that anyway since I run my own business and have a flurry of write offs.

disclaimer: I'm not against bumper stickers. if you look at the back left corner of my car, you'll notice a BTC bumper sticker as well.

But you seem to have something against furries, otherwise you wouldn't have used the word 'flurry'.

Seriously, how would one get in touch with the guys who do this?:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: