Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:50:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin faucet as a form of punishment  (Read 2510 times)
okotomi1 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

Bitcoin faucets are trying to punish me for visiting them with a tremendous amount of Ads, most of them jumping out of the blue. My eyes don't  want ot visit any more. It is not just annoying, it seems very unhealthy for the eyes. I seem to be one of the less visitor and still, they want me out or not?
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:38:23 AM

An ad blocking addon for your browser should help with that. I use AdBlock plus for Firefox but there should be alternatives for other browsers. Which do you use?

I agree, they're very unhealthy.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:40:48 AM

Isn't your time worth more to you?  I would make about $1 per hour hitting faucets currently.  I did them back in 2011, of course they were paying 0.01BTC per hit back then.

Time would be better spent selling clutter in your house.  You would get some work done and have $ to buy coins!
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:41:35 AM

Bitcoin faucets are trying to punish me for visiting them with a tremendous amount of Ads, most of them jumping out of the blue. My eyes don't  want ot visit any more. It is not just annoying, it seems very unhealthy for the eyes. I seem to be one of the less visitor and still, they want me out or not?

The faucet sites receive ad revenue by showing as many ads to you as possible, and then they share part of them with faucet users.
So, the best way to avoid those annoying ads is to avoid faucets. Cheesy

DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:47:24 AM

The genius who makes the faucet gets 5x what he is paying you for your money clickwork.  Basically you're becoming somebody's labor.

If you want to make money make your own faucet and advertise the hell out of it... thereby sucking in new users who come on here...... asking why they hate ads  Cheesy
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:49:49 AM

The genius who makes the faucet gets 5x what he is paying you for your money clickwork.  Basically you're becoming somebody's labor.
I had a faucet myself and I can tell you that my income was 5 times less than what I spend on my users. Only big faucets are profitable, the smaller ones die out quickly, because they don't get enough money from the ads.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:53:34 AM

I had a faucet myself and I can tell you that my income was 5 times less than what I spend on my users. Only big faucets are profitable, the smaller ones die out quickly, because they don't get enough money from the ads.

Well just like any business.  If you open a Starbucks in some place with almost no foot traffic you will go under quickly.  You have to advertise (aka spam) the hell out of it.

Personally I think faucets are a waste of time.  I understand their functional usefulness to get people interested, teach them about transactions and how to use a wallet, get comfortable with amounts like 300 satoshi, etc, but once you're past that stage it's time to move on.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:56:53 AM

Those ads are where the site gets their money from. You are really wasting your time on them regardless. As others have said, find alternative ways of making some coins.
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:05:32 AM

They are giving you free money, they have to get money from somewhere. I do not visit faucet sites anymore, newbies may find them worthwhile. It is your choice to visit them.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:11:11 AM

Bitcoin faucets are trying to punish me for visiting them with a tremendous amount of Ads, most of them jumping out of the blue. My eyes don't  want ot visit any more. It is not just annoying, it seems very unhealthy for the eyes. I seem to be one of the less visitor and still, they want me out or not?

You could use an Ad-blocker, which blocks out all the ads. Some sites run some detection scripts to verify if you have ads blocked or not.
The site gets their money from ads, and share a tiny part of this revenue with the visitors.
The way to avoid these ads, is simply to get bitcoins using another method, such as services. You could make way more btc in that time using this method.

mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:33:43 AM

An ad blocking addon for your browser should help with that. I use AdBlock plus for Firefox but there should be alternatives for other browsers. Which do you use?

Some sites require ad block to be turned off, like freebitco.in.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:07:51 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 08:19:42 AM by medUSA

I am actually in favour of keeping some legit ones alive. By "legit", I mean those who pays and have stood the test of time while bitcoin prices were at all time highs. I believe it is a good way of getting new users interested in bitcoin. I visit a couple of faucets once or twice a day and click on ads to keep the faucets going.
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:19:35 AM

I am actually in favour of keeping some legit ones alive. By "legit", I mean those who pays and have stood the test of time while bitcoin prices were at all time highs. I believe it is a good way of getting new users interested in bitcoin. I visit a couple of faucets once or twice a day and click on ads to keep the faucets going.

Well yeah, that's how I started. Freebitco.in, dailybitcoins.org and coinad, those are the best faucets IMO, maybe there is some more but those are my favorite.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:54:59 AM

If you really feel like bitcoin faucets are a form of punishment why are yu torturing yourself with them? Just leave them alone. Anyone who isnt a noob will tell you they're a complete waste of time. Spend your time earning money in the real world in whatever way then buy coins with that money.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:19:31 PM

If you want to make money make your own faucet and advertise the hell out of it... thereby sucking in new users who come on here...... asking why they hate ads  Cheesy

Or read a book, get any job, exercice ect.
If you do faucets for an hour with the lights on and you have two cans of coca-cola you probably lost money with electricity + the price of the cokes
FeodoroAndy

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:22:48 PM

some of the faucets do not run when the adblock is active, so that could not work.
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:41:27 PM

just forget that faucet, it seems the owner too greedy if he put ads as many as possible
go to faucet with lesser ads, or better you don't earn bitcoin from faucet since it worthless

you can't claim from some faucets if your adblock is active to block their ads
even my ghostery addons blocked their ads too, so that faucets can't run
okotomi1 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:29:31 PM

I started the discussion about the faucets in the section for the beginner because this is something what beginners usually do if they are not born as miners and let us be fair, not everybody is born for mining. Facets help to understand how it work with the wallet. They are not worthless for about one week or two, if you are new to the topic BTC. After one or two weeks everybody know they are boring and worthless. But in my logic facets owner should be interested in people visiting faucets and not trying to annoy them. Apparently facet owners don't care about the visitors because the visitors number will never end. Every day new people discover BTC and the faucets and then they go away and so on.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Faucets haven't been worth it since 2011. But maybe for some that are good at holding it might be, who knows if btc price will be 100k $ some day. Smiley
cookmac

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:58:47 PM

Isn't your time worth more to you?  I would make about $1 per hour hitting faucets currently.  I did them back in 2011, of course they were paying 0.01BTC per hit back then.

Time would be better spent selling clutter in your house.  You would get some work done and have $ to buy coins!

I think this was the most useful advice anyone pretty much said lol.

Clean the house by selling to get bitcoin  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: