Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing keys puzzle game episode 2 - 0.1 btc prize  (Read 1204 times)
Cassius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:07:06 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 06:56:19 PM by Cassius

A while back I posted a pilot and episode 1 of a bitcoin puzzle game. Here is the 2nd episode:

http://bitscan.com/articles/the-hidden-keys-game-the-mystery-deepens

You can find out more information about the previous episodes (which might be useful) on that page.

It would be good to keep this thread for feedback and updates, though if you win it you might want to limit what you give away, since it may become important again in the future...

Enjoy!

EDIT:
Hint #1:
Although the email mentions other books, the weird style convinces me that any hidden message is in the text he sent me itself. There are inconsistencies I have spotted, but I'm still not sure where to start...
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prospero

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:59:55 PM

Going to have to wait for a hint.

But I did notice that The Bible Code was first published in 1997/1998 (wikipedia/amazon discrepancy). The original journal paper which inspired the book, was published in 1994.

1Ja2AxA8hfFMrPwSTV9nP6kq7bp3f7x734
Cassius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:55:45 AM

Going to have to wait for a hint.

But I did notice that The Bible Code was first published in 1997/1998 (wikipedia/amazon discrepancy). The original journal paper which inspired the book, was published in 1994.

Interesting...
I'll let people know when hints are published, though the time difference means you should check the site if you want to be sure to get them quickly.
Like the others, this isn't a puzzle I expect people to solve without hints, but I've already seen some thoughts along the right lines.
By the way, last time, a password cracker really gave some people an edge for filling in the gaps. This time, I'm hoping that custom software wouldn't provide much of an advantage.
micaman

Activity: 345
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:18:16 AM

After a little research into the arcane subject of Equidistant Letter Sequences, it suggests that you should ignore spaces and punctuation – Hebrew manuscripts didn’t have either of these.
Did they have numbers?
Cassius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:36:40 AM

After a little research into the arcane subject of Equidistant Letter Sequences, it suggests that you should ignore spaces and punctuation – Hebrew manuscripts didn’t have either of these.
Did they have numbers?

Letters were used as numbers. In this case, I'd keep all 'meaningful' characters  Wink
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:26:56 AM

A while back I posted a pilot and episode 1 of a bitcoin puzzle game. Here is the 2nd episode:

http://bitscan.com/articles/the-hidden-keys-game-the-mystery-deepens

You can find out more information about the previous episodes (which might be useful) on that page.

It would be good to keep this thread for feedback and updates, though if you win it you might want to limit what you give away, since it may become important again in the future...

Enjoy!

EDIT:
Hint #1:
Although the email mentions other books, the weird style convinces me that any hidden message is in the text he sent me itself. There are inconsistencies I have spotted, but I'm still not sure where to start...
Hi,
I am trying the link, but it is not working right now. Guys you have the same problem?
Cassius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

Seems ok to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: