Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has a Future, But Maybe Not As a Currency. Do you Agree?  (Read 1341 times)
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

In the course of its five-year run, bitcoin has been heralded as a beacon of hope by those who mistrust banks and an object of suspicion by those who mistrust a grassroots currency.

http://www.ahametals.com/bitcoin-future-maybe-currency/

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”
eldinhadz

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:56:03 PM

Bitcoin has a future as a Currency.

If you hate BTC why you had registered here ?
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

I'm a bitcoin miner and I love bitcoin.. I never stated that I hate bitcoin.. I shared a good article which people would possibly have their views on it..
I have bitcoin, I love bitcoin and 100% bitcoin has future being the new generation currency..
Thanks mate

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Bitcoin is the answer for ... everything.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:10:06 PM

I think the real question here is: if bitcoin fails as a currency will the blockchain technology continue?
ezimedia

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:12:37 PM

What if the USA government... made bitcoin as part of their plan to make a one world currency.. and one world power...

LOL I have been watching to many youtube videos I guess.

Still has to make you think....

Did you hear Bush Senior... say he wants a new world order... hmmmm

I am going to put my ear muffs back on... sounds better that way

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
SpontaneousDream

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:08:29 PM

I think the real question here is: if bitcoin fails as a currency will the blockchain technology continue?

Of course blockchain technology will continue. That was the real innovation.  Roll Eyes
beatljuice

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:15:22 PM

What the article completely ignores in its "west-centricity" is that bitcoin will be making a huge difference in developing and financially challenged countries. And I think bitcoin will be the almost exclusive player in remittances, because the people that use remittances usually don't have access to exchanges so they are going to want one standard currency to send, and since bitcoin is the "first on the scene" it has a huge lead on any other currency.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:18:27 PM

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
DoubleU

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

Well, I'm new to the cryptocoin world. But still much earlier than the general population!

From my own opinion, Bitcoin would not be the default digital currency of the future as there's quite a bit of future for it as a wealth holder i.e. gold as there's a number of issues with the current system for the general mass adoption e.g. no instant transfer. Gold is very good comparison to Bitcoin. A big currency in the past, now retired as assets. Satoshis will definitely worth a sizeable sum with mass adoption Grin. As for the likely candidate of the default digital currency... I cannot yet see one.  Shocked

-W
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

If you have to ask this question, you can't understand why Bitcoin is even valuable.

The blockchain is the beating heart of Bitcoin, but it's also so much more...

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:41:49 PM

If you have to ask this question, you can't understand why Bitcoin is even valuable.

The blockchain is the beating heart of Bitcoin, but it's also so much more...
I can understand both the value of bitcoin and the blockchain's potential.

But there is no denying that if bitcoin fails, it will be hard for the blockchain to shake-off the negative associations
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:42:35 PM

if it were used as a currency, the blockchain would be bloated as hell.. plus, it's naturally deflationary. doesn't make sense to me.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:57:24 PM

plus, it's naturally deflationary. doesn't make sense to me.

because you leave with a reasing amount of money every year (salary man ?).
rise of the price is the most stupid of this 150 past years of the humanity (inflation create WAR).

Neodamus

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:05:40 PM

If Bitcoin isn't used as a currency, what else could it hope to accomplish? It seems like that's the first 'proof of concept' challenge for it before it could become anything more complex such as a way of managing contracts.

That being said, I believe Bitcoin will become a major currency in the near future, if not the most dominant in the next few decades. It is decentralized currency, and once something becomes decentralized, it is hard to make it centralized once again because the natural trend of the world is towards decentralization and individual power. Centralizing currency is going to require more and more effort as its going to be facing an ever increasing level of resistance from individuals who have empowered themselves.

Activity: 230

Come original.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

if it were used as a currency, the blockchain would be bloated as hell.. plus, it's naturally deflationary. doesn't make sense to me.

It is a currency and people are using it as one. Money doesn't have to be inflationary either.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:08:20 PM

"Bitcoin doesn't make the currencies, it makes them better."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

But there is no denying that if bitcoin fails...
It won't. Your hypothetical is invalid because it fails to account for historical evidence.

Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:46:06 PM

I think it has a future both as a currency and as a technology.
BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:54:34 PM

Well I wouldn't say everything, but the blockchain is a really innovative invention and I think it will be the future of currencies. But which one will take over is too soon to say.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: