Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miserydearia needs to return peoples accounts and bitcoins [Replied-In progress]  (Read 5915 times)
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 12:21:50 AM

I've just joined the guys over at Intersango/Bitcoinconsultancy.

I can vouche for them being up to their eyeballs. They really don't have time to wipe their arse.

Also this is the first I've heard about this, so I'll get onto the others and see whats the story. If what crypto has said is true then I'll take care of it.

I'm talking with Crypto about this so when we get it sorted out we'll put ...summary? here.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 12:43:42 AM

I've just joined the guys over at Intersango/Bitcoinconsultancy.

I can vouche for them being up to their eyeballs. They really don't have time to wipe their arse.

Also this is the first I've heard about this, so I'll get onto the others and see whats the story. If what crypto has said is true then I'll take care of it.

I'm talking with Crypto about this so when we get it sorted out we'll put ...summary? here.

Nefario.

Thanks Nefario. This should have been sorted 12 months ago.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 02:08:12 AM

There has been 3 or more people offer free hosting for witcoin but the response has been "im too lazy and cant be bothered". If thats the way intersango employees treat their customers I would not feel comfortable holding my money with them.

amiller,chmod755,and Ken from cryptoxchange can confirm this.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 02:22:10 AM

I still remember your arguments with mizerydearia a couple months back where he accused you and Ken Armitt from Cryptoexchange of wanting to steal the site from him or something along those lines.

Please remind us what was it exactly. You're not telling the whole story...
Please note: I'm not accusing you or Ken, it's just something I recall, but I don't remember the details
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 02:45:09 AM

I still remember your arguments with mizerydearia a couple months back where he accused you and Ken Armitt from Cryptoexchange of wanting to steal the site from him or something along those lines.

Please remind us what was it exactly. You're not telling the whole story...
Please note: I'm not accusing you or Ken, it's just something I recall, but I don't remember the details

I put my foot down because the bitcoind daemon hadnt been working for weeks. I told Ken about these issues and he offered hosting and development assisstance which mizerydearia refused and then removed the code and all the coins from the existing host without prior agreement to do so.

I refute any claim I tried to "steal" anything. I paid all the hosting and bought the domain name. I dont care about the code and wouldnt trust it in future anyway I just want the coins returned.

They took over 400 bitcoins and are refusing to return them. Is that difficult to understand?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 02:55:11 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

Like I said, I wasn't accusing you, but I had a vague recollection about it, and when I saw this it immediately crossed my mind that it may had something to do with it.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 02:59:35 AM

Hold up...

You only bought the domain and VPS?  Why the hell do you think you are entitled to their wallet at well?  Even if you bought the whole service, you aren't entitled to back profits.  

The way you are explaining it, it doesn't even sound like they are obligated to give you the codebase.

Are you associated with CryptoXChange?  Threatening to bring the police into this is a bold statement, and I do not take it lightly.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:01:16 AM

I can not comment on your title of theft as I do not have enough information (like from the other parties involved) but the title where you call them witcoins makes little sense to people not familiar with your site.

Simply put it is bitcoins you are referring to, not witcoins and you might want to change the title to make that clear.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:01:45 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

Like I said, I wasn't accusing you, but I had a vague recollection about it, and when I saw this it immediately crossed my mind that it may had something to do with it.

Yes its all related. Its really nothing to do with crypto or the code though. The offer was to set it up so people could initially get coins back then build a better witcoin. Mizery can keep his code and open source it.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:03:11 AM

I can not comment on your title of theft as I do not have enough information (like from the other parties involved) but the title where you call them witcoins makes little sense to people not familiar with your site.

Simply put it is bitcoins you are referring to, not witcoins and you might want to change the title to make that clear.

Changed it thanks.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:05:49 AM

Hold up...

You only bought the domain and VPS?  Why the hell do you think you are entitled to their wallet at well?  Even if you bought the whole service, you aren't entitled to back profits.  

The way you are explaining it, it doesn't even sound like they are obligated to give you the codebase.

Are you associated with CryptoXChange?  Threatening to bring the police into this is a bold statement, and I do not take it lightly.

I dont want the coins I want them to give them back to the users. I dont want the wallet or the codebase and btw what have you got to do with any of this Huh?

Either give the coins back or dont its that simple. Im sure people who have missing coins will be posting here shortly.

Cryptoxchange is not important in this discussion of where those coins are.

I nly go to the police when there are actual victims. Either make good peoples loss or dont and suffer the consequences.

RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:20:47 AM

I dont want the coins I want them to give them back to the users. I dont want the wallet or the codebase and btw what have you got to do with any of this Huh?

Either give the coins back or dont its that simple. Im sure people who have missing coins will be posting here shortly.

I nly go to the police when there are actual victims. Either make good peoples loss or dont and suffer the consequences.

If you want the coins returned to users, why should you be the custodian of them?  Do you have a valid, active bitcoin address for each of these users?  Why should unclaimed coins be placed in your possession?

This thread stinks.  It looks to me like you are trying to extort Internsango for more than $2000 or else you will report them to the police, and you are associated with their competitor, CryptoXChange.  Extortion is a serious crime.

What is your level of involvement with CryptoXChange?

It looks like you are trying to smear their brand to improve the standing of your own.

Tell me how I have this wrong.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:26:04 AM

If you want the coins returned to users, why should you be the custodian of them?  Do you have a valid, active bitcoin address for each of these users?  Why should unclaimed coins be placed in your possession?

This thread stinks.  It looks to me like you are trying to extort Internsango for more than $2000 or else you will report them to the police, and you are associated with their competitor, CryptoXChange.  Extortion is a serious crime.

What is your level of involvement with CryptoXChange?

It looks like you are trying to smear their brand to improve the standing of your own.

Tell me how I have this wrong.
Did I say I want those coins ? How would I even know who they belonged too? Frankly your post is ridiculous and fails to understand the issue of WHERE THE HELL ARE THE COINS ?

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:27:51 AM

The coins need to be moved to an address and reported so we know they still exist. All else is piss and wind as far as Im concerned. I dont want anything nor have I demanded anything from Intersango apart from proof they still have the coins.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:30:27 AM

Just to provide some background to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg599183#msg599183

Re-reading that thread I see you were already accusing him of taking these(or other?) bitcoins on Nov 9 2011.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:38:38 AM

Just to provide some background to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2516.msg599183#msg599183

Re-reading that thread I see you were already accusing him of taking these(or other?) bitcoins on Nov 9 2011.

Its easy thing to prove you own the coins imo. I also contacted Genjix weeks ago and told him to sort this out or I would post on the forum publically. Id also like them to transfer 400btc to a trusted third party like Gavin or Jgarzik as a bond untill this is dealt with.

Because, you know , they should still have the coins right ?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:47:40 AM

I guess they should still have the coins, yes.
Just one thing I don't understand: You said
Im sure people who have missing coins will be posting here shortly.
right?
Why haven't they complained already? I mean, Since Nov 9 2011 to this day almost 4 months passed.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 03:54:19 AM

I guess they should still have the coins, yes.
Just one thing I don't understand: You said
Im sure people who have missing coins will be posting here shortly.
right?
Why haven't they complained already? I mean, Since Nov 9 2011 to this day almost 4 months passed.

They have on irc to me and there was lot of users with small balances . Theres a reddit thread where people have ststed coins are missing.

RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:59:36 AM

How about a little background/history for the clueless among us?

Mizerydearia was the developer and built all the code for witcoin. I payed for the domains and vps it was hosted on. After intsersango hired Miz to go to Poland the site was killed and the code taken after I made a demand that it be worked on and that I wanted to take it in a different more professional direction.

QFT
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:09:06 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2012, 04:44:18 AM by da2ce7

This is how I see it;

1.  Whoever is the administrator of Witcoin must also provide a reliable way for any user that is registered to withdraw their witcoin's as bitcoin. (no matter what state the website is in).

2.  CryptoCoinMedia (the owner of the domain, and original payee of the hosting), is doing the community service of making sure that the bitcoins are indeed still under the control of Bitcoincconsultancy (or who ever was the last administrator), (shown by a pre-stated transfer to an address that has a public signature attracted to it).

CryptoCoinMedia isn't requesting that he gains control of the bitcoins; rather Bitcoincconsultancy (or who ever was the last administrator) proves that they are still in control of these coins, and makes them available for people to withdraw.

Cam.

Edit: Spelling

Edit: whoever the owner is...

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: