Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (ATTN) BitcoinCharts.com Data Feed for CampBX  (Read 1471 times)
Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 10:47:00 PM

Hi everyone,
      BitcoinCharts.com and BitcoinWatch.com are not picking up CampBX data feed since our server migration this weekend.  Our IP address changed during the migration, so it may be root cause for this issue.

We have alerted BC guys about this and will work with them to get the issue resolved.  In the meantime, please refer to CampBX Market Charts for recent statistics.

https://campbx.com/mktexplorer.php

Thank you,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 11:09:35 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2012, 12:23:20 AM by nmat

Any news regarding the new payment methods? I'm curious Wink

EDIT: I see them now. Are you still planning to enable european transfers this quarter?
Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 04:00:07 AM

Any news regarding the new payment methods? I'm curious Wink

EDIT: I see them now. Are you still planning to enable european transfers this quarter?

Hi Nuno,
     We now have a fairly comprehensive set of money transfer methods for the USA, now but we ran into regulatory roadblocks in two European countries.  Hoping for some good news soon!

We also have several new features coming out in next two months, but I am personally very excited about the new withdrawals page. It represents our new design approach, where CampBX presents its underlying functionality more like an iPad App - clean, smart, and efficient.

Hope you are doing great,
     Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 09:26:38 PM

Hi Nuno,
     We now have a fairly comprehensive set of money transfer methods for the USA, now but we ran into regulatory roadblocks in two European countries.  Hoping for some good news soon!

We also have several new features coming out in next two months, but I am personally very excited about the new withdrawals page. It represents our new design approach, where CampBX presents its underlying functionality more like an iPad App - clean, smart, and efficient.

Hope you are doing great,
     Keyur

Yeah, the withdrawals page looks cool Smiley I'll keep an eye out for more updates. Good luck.
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 05:46:05 AM

@Keyur - Thanks for being here on the forum.

Yesterday and then again tonight was trying to compare your onsite chart to the cbxUSD version over at BCC.com, if I understand it correctly, things seem to be tracking well together now, and this problem must have been resolved...

It's not my intent to change the topic of this forum thread, however I could not find a specific one to use while addressing your organization pertaining to simply general questions, comments etc.  So will try to keep this short, and if there is another better place to do so, lets move the discussion there.

Also wanted to thank-you for being the eXchange I've picked as my new account to have services through.  Been researching since March, so very new to all of this, yet this last weekend felt compelled to write up an editorial post for the 1K+ member private forum, which I'm a part of.  Praised your company & operation, presented what evidence I'd found to support that reasoning and claim.  So much wild-west stuff going on in this community, it was allot of stuff to sift through, but after long consideration, felt you were the organization best suited to my needs and with whom I wanted to do business with as a USoA citizen.

Clearly we're moving into a period of time where more and more efforts are being taken to completely document the funds trail (electronic or otherwise) into and out of the BitCoin world.  Although my transfers of funds will be very small personally, earnings I can spare, from a new job I started today will be sent to you starting in May, it is my intention to do this via Money Order, and part of the reason why I chose your service, was so as to execute my first trade & purchase the first BitCoins I've aquired from my own efforts, having started on this adventure, from the charity of others. 

I've no desire to conduct illegal operations nor cause anyone harm, and I do have a bank account, but would prefer this strictly be between you, me and the USPS.  No version of the constitution, that I've read, indicates a level of information sufficient for federal authorities to track every movement my fiat funds makes, is a requirement.  Perhaps it was in one of those new bills they past recently, hard to read them all, as they are so long. 

From my POV the 99 year charter, legalizing the Federal Reserve in the Act of 1913 ends in Dec 2012, and I've no expectation of it being renewed.  Regardless, as long as this fiat ponzi scheme keeps running, and the USPS remains solvent, it is my desire to continue to do this with your company, every paycheck.

My question: Do you see anything on the horizon now, that would cause you to cancel or change this option? 

I'm aware of, and understand the need for, additional documentation in the case of accounts that wish to trade on margin.  What I'm asking about here, pertains to the basic needs of the growing millions of us American poor.  We need safe harbors, and I'm hoping we can continoue to rely on your most valuable service as one of those, for as long as possible.

Thanks much in advance for your time & consideration,

GR

P.S. Sorry to hear about your losses due to fraudulent transfers, and glad to hear your watching it like a hawk.....
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:36:27 PM

@Keyur - Just a short one this time, I promise.  Get to long winded sometimes...

Wanted to praise your operation once again, early May successfully got some BitCoins from a $150 money order.  Total costs for me doing this were $1.55 + .45 (mo + stamp), plus I think your exchange fees added up to 82.5 cents.  Total cost of conversion 1.89%.  Very inexpensive and much appreciated.  Great to see your trading volume heading up these last few days, doing what I can to spread the word and be a part of it!

For those interested in considering this option:

It took ~7 days for my funds to show up in the CampBX account, now have another transaction inbound, a smaller amount this time only $75.  Expecting it to show up shortly after the long weekend (mailed yesterday), which is plenty fast IMO.  The MO expense was less this time, only $1.15.  Not sure why they charged $1.55 last time, could have been because I avoided the teller line, and went to the shipping supplies clerk, the USPS site lists the cost as $1.15 up to the $500 mark.  Be sure to question the teller, if they try to charge more than that.

Wanted to bring this option up once again for those of us looking at BitInstant as an option, great service for what they are offering, yet for small transactions the fees are a show stopper, at least for me.  Sure nice to have that convenience and speed of fiat->bitcoin conversion, yet allot of us don't have $500 laying around to drive those percentages down.  Plus for me driving to Walmart involves 150 mile round trip, and all the 7-11's are out-of-state!

Keyur, the Money Order option with you, especially for those of us in the states is the best....

Keep up the good work, and Thanks Much,
GR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: