Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:54:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ABANDONED] [BPC] BitpopCoin | X11 PoS 7% | Hero Member Dev | No IPO/Premine  (Read 42219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypto_currency

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:15:03 AM

BPC is really fucked up
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

Am I the only one who understood Bitpop, when he said this was a community coin and that he wouldn't be actively developing it?

I get the frustration of mining something for a long time and seeing that it's dieing, but why blame Bitpop is my question.

He was clear from the start that he wasn't going to be developing the coin and he welcomed the community to develop the coin.

There are some lame posters in this thread who expect others to work hard so there precious resources aren't wasted on a "shit coin".

Why not instead of wasting your time bashing the OP, try downloading the source code, learn how to compile it, and start making changes?

Oh wait, that means you'd actually have to do some hard work...

+1 interesting comment Smiley

let's organize the offensive guys , it's our coin !

what i can do is manage the twitter and doing the BPC giveaway thought it , we need to be organize guys , we need to find the genius idea how will make Bpc unique !!!

i don't blame Bitpop at all but i just don't understand why he is away from the topic....

if we start by a few peoples with great ideas it can change the world !

let's act now !

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:58:02 AM

Am I the only one who understood Bitpop, when he said this was a community coin and that he wouldn't be actively developing it?

I get the frustration of mining something for a long time and seeing that it's dieing, but why blame Bitpop is my question.

He was clear from the start that he wasn't going to be developing the coin and he welcomed the community to develop the coin.

There are some lame posters in this thread who expect others to work hard so there precious resources aren't wasted on a "shit coin".

Why not instead of wasting your time bashing the OP, try downloading the source code, learn how to compile it, and start making changes?

what i can do is manage the twitter and doing the BPC giveaway thought it , we need to be organize guys , we need to find the genius idea how will make Bpc unique !!!

i don't blame Bitpop at all but i just don't understand why he is away from the topic....

let's act now !

personally, I just don't have the time or energy.  My only thoughts seem to revolve around the fact that this is ultimately a financial accounting tool and the money to be made is by those who are eager to market their accounting tool in some sort of business sense.  But that's about all I can offer.  I really don't want this to be a 'sh!t' coin but if that's what pans out, well... that's what pans out.  It's not like many other coins are doing really hot right now.  The vast majority have no signs of tangible business engagements.  Think of what it would be like if all the coin devs and dev teams were actively seeking business deals with their new found secure/cost saving crypto tools.  A lot would happen.  crytpo would take stronger hold and would be better for the overall crypto currency market.  It would get a lot more attention by governments and as an edge for businesses to stay competitive.  Remember it was Overstock then TigerDirect then Newegg and now more big names are getting into the mix.  But bitcoin isn't the only thing out there.  Okay, I rambled on more than I thought but I have studies to focus on.  

But I agree with the optimists here.  Instead of calling this a sh!t coin, why not consider it a sleeper for now?  Although, Sun Tzu Art of War also comes to mind.  The general who takes the field first has a tremendous advantage but Bitcoin already knows that.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

let's act now !

Are you guys really that gullable ? Or are you one of his socks ? lol

Plz google "problem, reaction, solution" .. and by all means, do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Btw.. whats that mudda fuddin smell ? Roll Eyes

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 08:47:12 AM by bitpop

Thank you to everyone. Unfortunately, I exceeded my skills at this time. Thank you for your time, support, hashing, etc. As you know all coins are a gamble, this one turned out to be a bust. Of course there's no way for me to stop this coin. This coin will live on forever. It'll still be here for anyone who wants to fork it, but my name should be removed. The code is free to use.

Just during the period BPC has been live, 100s of other coins have launched. I simply cannot keep up. It's a pump and dump market where new technology is marketed, pumped then dumped. My X11 was breaking edge in April, now we have Supernet, etc, etc.

The problem with alts is that when you choose one, you choose them all (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/). When you say one can compete against Bitcoin for a technology breakthrough, then you are competing against 500 other coins and the next 10 tomorrow and 100 next week which will make your coin obsolete. The altcoin market is run by developers who are talented but also in it for money. They use different names and marketing to pump their next invention.

I'm going to be focusing on Bitcoin solely from now on. I will no longer be supporting any alt, since if I choose one I choose them all. If I choose one for a technology, it will become obsolete the next day.

I will continue mining (with the low hash rate I have) so transactions still confirm. I've also been buying some BPC throughout the period to support some of you. You will always have the BPC you have and so will I. I consider this a success vs being a pump and dump where the developer would have taken your Bitcoin and disappeared.

I can give you some BPC too, I have a few thousand if you'd like. Post your address. Your coins will also continue staking for free.

I forgot to mention that I have been under a lot of stress at work and having financial problems, hence not much time or money to develop BPC further. I learned a lot during this time and got to meet many of you. This was a great experience learning wise and it was always my dream to launch a coin. It just turned out to be way too late into the ecosystem.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:42:13 AM

Thank you. I hope I brought exposure to your pool and new miners of other coins. You have a great setup and I wish you success.

I hope other of you got something out of this, whether it's exposure, new contacts, experience or knowledge.

zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:56:16 PM

Maybe they could take a look at this announcement, looks interesting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.0

Good Luck to All!  Smiley
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:08:41 AM

Alts are fun, but like I said, there's just too many. If you think one has great technology, there's nothing stopping someone from cloning it tomorrow.

Just stick with Bitcoin, price is low so it's a great time to divest of everything else and get a good amount of bitcoin

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:26:20 AM

ABANDONED

Thank you to everyone. Unfortunately, I exceeded my skills at this time. Thank you for your time, support, hashing, etc. As you know all coins are a gamble, this one turned out to be a bust. Of course there's no way for me to stop this coin. This coin will live on forever. It'll still be here for anyone who wants to fork it, but my name should be removed. The code is free to use.

Just during the period BPC has been live, 100s of other coins have launched. I simply cannot keep up. It's a pump and dump market where new technology is marketed, pumped then dumped. My X11 was breaking edge in April, now we have Supernet, etc, etc.

The problem with alts is that when you choose one, you choose them all (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/). When you say one can compete against Bitcoin for a technology breakthrough, then you are competing against 500 other coins and the next 10 tomorrow and 100 next week which will make your coin obsolete. The altcoin market is run by developers who are talented but also in it for money. They use different names and marketing to pump their next invention.

I'm going to be focusing on Bitcoin solely from now on. I will no longer be supporting any alt, since if I choose one I choose them all. If I choose one for a technology, it will become obsolete the next day.

I will continue mining (with the low hash rate I have) so transactions still confirm. I've also been buying some BPC throughout the period to support some of you. You will always have the BPC you have and so will I. I consider this a success vs being a pump and dump where the developer would have taken your Bitcoin and disappeared.

I can give you some BPC too, I have a few thousand if you'd like. Post your address. Your coins will also continue staking for free.

I forgot to mention that I have been under a lot of stress at work and having financial problems, hence not much time or money to develop BPC further. I learned a lot during this time and got to meet many of you. This was a great experience learning wise and it was always my dream to launch a coin. It just turned out to be way too late into the ecosystem.

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:26:24 AM

Thank you for your honest explanation, Too bad it turned out this way.

At least you have the balls too explain yourself here, unlike some scumbag devs who just disappear Wink

I wish you the best in the future of btc  Wink
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 11:47:22 AM by bitpop

Thank you for your honest explanation, Too bad it turned out this way.

At least you have the balls too explain yourself here, unlike some scumbag devs who just disappear Wink

I wish you the best in the future of btc  Wink

Thanks I'm really happy it didn't get pumped so not many people lost anything. My biggest concern is for anyone of you to have lost anything, I'm not like the other coins like ethereum who took in 31,000 BTC (seriously, https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2). There was no IPO. Buying some was negligibile. I only wasted some people's mining but that's a risk with any coin. I never sold BPC and bought around 0.5 BTC plus other investments so I'm negative and I hope I helped someone recover some costs if you sold. If you didn't sell, I thank you for your support for this experiment and my dream of creating a coin. You took a gamble with me, it could have gone better but it could have also gone much worse, I'm glad that didn't happen.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:48:14 AM

Some people are still mining, please stop and move on. BPC isn't able to be saved at this point. Thank you.

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:50:51 AM

Some people are still mining, please stop and move on. BPC isn't able to be saved at this point. Thank you.

It can be saved.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:51:48 AM

RIP Bitpopcoin Welcome to Dumpville
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

RIP Bitpopcoin Welcome to Dumpville

It was never dumped.

segregation

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:07:35 PM

Alts are fun, but like I said, there's just too many. If you think one has great technology, there's nothing stopping someone from cloning it tomorrow.

Just stick with Bitcoin, price is low so it's a great time to divest of everything else and get a good amount of bitcoin

Good suggestion,
but,sadly,btc price is dropping sharply .
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 03:09:18 PM

Good suggestion,
but,sadly,btc price is dropping sharply .

That's a good thing when you want to load up

altpooler

Activity: 122

Developer & Pool Operator | AltPooler.com

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:57:49 AM

Thank you. I hope I brought exposure to your pool and new miners of other coins. You have a great setup and I wish you success.

I hope other of you got something out of this, whether it's exposure, new contacts, experience or knowledge.

Thanks Bitpop, I too wish you success.

I would like to take over development of BPC, rather than have it be abandoned. Would you be willing to share with me the admin rights to the github?

GlobalBoost-Y (BSTY) Pool: http://bsty.altpooler.com
Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.0

Beta launch of our new mining pool is currently scheduled for January 5, 2015.

We will feature Unitus merged mining for the yescrypt algorithm upon launch.

If you are a CPU miner and would like to help test our yescrypt merged mining implementation, please send me a PM for stratum connection details.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 01:42:56 AM

I can't share admin rights because I can't vet the code and it should be transparent it's not me. But you can hit Fork and get a duplicate that you own.

I'll also give you the domain if you want.

DKdance

Activity: 168

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:28:36 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 09:53:41 PM by DKdance

Can't we just kill POW, and just let it run as a POS ?

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: