Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Bitcoin  (Read 1808 times)
Cranky4u (OP)

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:30:16 AM

The Isle of Jersey wants to become a BTC financial hub.

http://lifeboat.com/blog/2014/06/tax-haven-jersey-now-wants-to-become-bitcoin-island?utm_medium=linkedin&utm_source=twitterfeed

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:03:56 AM

can be done cheaply. it wont take millions.

just get a £100 tablet pc, load it with bitcoin software and a POS terminal connection. and go to all the businesses on the island offering to set them up with bitcoins.

imagine you get a friend trained up to do the leg work, allow him to charge £100 labour and £100 for the tablet. costing a business £200 to be bitcoin friendly, would cost £100k to get 500 businesses bitcoin friendly on the island.. there, job done.

if the people that want to make jersey bitcoin friendly got sponsoring, they could offer the package to businesses cheaper/for free

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:32:13 AM

one of these small independant islands, if they are smart will declare bitcoin their currency and make it not taxed. you will see a rash of bitcoin companies flocking to them to setup global bitcoin businesses

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
albus

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:24:09 AM

they would get on the OECD money laundering black list right away, no more international trade for them!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:33:16 AM

before jersey gets their brick and mortar stores to accept bitcoin. they should look at the ferry company, and the food/goods suppliers to the island. get them onboard with bitcoin. then the merchant part is simple and cheap.

no point making brick and mortar stores on the island bitcoin only, if they have to convert it to fiat to get re-supplies from the mainland, kinda defeats the point and makes bitcoin seem gimmicky rather then truly useful and part of the islands actual 'culture'

im thinking more of the whole ecosystem, not just finding a bitcoin friendly bank for tax dodging investments

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:07:54 AM

one of these small independant islands, if they are smart will declare bitcoin their currency and make it not taxed. you will see a rash of bitcoin companies flocking to them to setup global bitcoin businesses
Nothing special The environment of the Isle of Jersey for BTC is same as the other part of the UK.  probably just show off. No one is really willing to pay £200 to set up BTC payment because no many people carry bitcoin to pay when shopping in the island.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:17:25 AM

Nothing special The environment of the Isle of Jersey for BTC is same as the other part of the UK.  probably just show off. No one is really willing to pay £200 to set up BTC payment because no many people carry bitcoin to pay when shopping in the island.

there have been many threads about bitcoin islands, where people want to physically build one (costing more then the entire market cap of bitcoin ($billions))

i just put my subtle hint that making an existing island bitcoin friendly only costs £100k max for 500 businesses. or if you take away the purchase cost of a tablet PC to give each business (get them to use their own phones/PC/tablets) and those advocates of a bitcoin island done the footwork and training with merchants voluntarily rather then a £100 consultation fee..

then it costs nothing..

but i still mentioned the £200 per business, because some people knitpick that no one wants to do anything for free, that people want to get paid for their sweat and talent.

either way £0 (voluntarily) - £100k (consultation+tablet package) is all it costs to get an island set up.

now all the bitcoin island advocates have to do, so to make bitcoin useful.. (get suppliers to accept bitcoin first. then get merchants to see the benefits of detaching themselves away from fiat, with the whole tax dodge, pay for wages/stock in bitcoin, show investment potential)

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:21:38 AM

i dont believe this stuff since thepiratebay was collecting money for copyright free island
fairy tales
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:50:47 PM

i dont believe this stuff since thepiratebay was collecting money for copyright free island
fairy tales

most of the time these are idle fantasies of people wanting money for nothing, without leaving the sofa. only time can tell if the jersey.je guys do the footwork and atleast plan a good strategy to follow

ill wait to see if they show news of their mainland produce suppliers and ferry's accepting bitcoin. then ill know if its just a retail gimmick or not..

as for the banking/investment side, well thats another waiting game

Ilsk
Legendary

Activity: 833
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:30:49 PM

Looks interesting.
spinf

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:41:50 PM

It seems it is just one guy trying to lobby to create a bitcoin Island, I don't see where Jersey officials are buying into this ?
Missing something ?
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:50:22 PM

it may be suitable for underdeveloped countries, but if for developing and developed countries, it will be difficult. because they reasoned it would make the economy into chaos. and they will experience a great loss to it.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:04:58 PM

because they reasoned it would make the economy into chaos. and they will experience a great loss to it.

This is always the worst argument. Trying to take the extreme position that something will all happen over night without any transition.

As if Bitcoin is causing mass chaos right now as it replaces existing currencies.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:07:51 PM

It seems it is just one guy trying to lobby to create a bitcoin Island, I don't see where Jersey officials are buying into this ?
Missing something ?

dont base real world "lobbying" on the replies of this forum..

i personally prefer 20 people doing footwork talking to the powers that be, rather than sitting on this forum. true lobbying doesnt happen on a forum. but it doesnt hurt to thrash out idea's with the community on this forum. and when a good idea comes along, take it to the real world

Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:39:29 PM

I thought you were going to say your local supermarket had a bitcoin isle, just past the tampons :]
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

Jersey is already a sort of tax haven.  However the government of Jersey has afaik signed disclosure agreements with other countries.  I think bitcoin would be great for Jersey and the other Channel Islands.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:27:32 PM

I would be more than happy to be a pair of boots on the ground there.  From the images I've seen on google it's absolutely gorgeous!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

I would be more than happy to be a pair of boots on the ground there.  From the images I've seen on google it's absolutely gorgeous!

I went on holiday there once for a week.

It is amazing. very nice. You can drive one side to the other in about 50mins.  And another thing, in terms of tax, if you are a lady and you are married your husband is responsible for paying it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:04:42 PM

If any small island country like Jersey got serious and did this, they just might be attacked like Iraq one way or another. Watch Iceland over the next 5 or 10 years, and see if they don't get hit somehow for taking down their bankers.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:07:04 PM

If any small island country like Jersey got serious and did this, they just might be attacked like Iraq one way or another. Watch Iceland over the next 5 or 10 years, and see if they don't get hit somehow for taking down their bankers.

Smiley

jersey stores no oil or gold for a invading army to take.. meaning nothing would be achieved by invading jersey

imagine a brave heart speach

"ya can take our hard drives, but ya'll never brake our encryption"

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: