Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea threatens "merciless" response over Seth Rogen film  (Read 9370 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:27:42 AM

We all know NK is China's crazy uncle.  It gets out all the crazy talking points and threats through NK.  Rock and a hard place, China being the rock.  Things will continue status qou with Elmer Fudd until China changes it's mind.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:29:30 PM

North Korea complains to UN about Seth Rogen comedy The Interview

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jul/10/north-korea-un-the-interview-seth-rogen-james-franco

<< The Interview, concerning a TV host and producer hired to assassinate Kim Jong-un, has been condemned by North Korea as "sponsoring terrorism". >>
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:39:29 PM

I fully believe that Kim Jong-Un and his family have been a murderous catastrophe for the North Korean people, but it doesn't help that most of the attention it receives from the international community is made-up stories (the haircut, the flamethrower executions, feeding uncle to dogs etc.) that allow us to see the whole country as a slapstick, madcap bit of Bond villainy rather than the deliberate throttling of tens of millions of people.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:13:13 PM

I fully believe that Kim Jong-Un and his family have been a murderous catastrophe for the North Korean people, but it doesn't help that most of the attention it receives from the international community is made-up stories (the haircut, the flamethrower executions, feeding uncle to dogs etc.) that allow us to see the whole country as a slapstick, madcap bit of Bond villainy rather than the deliberate throttling of tens of millions of people.

I think that the media purposely makes it more 'exiting', after all, it's a good distraction from national problems.
Some stories are probably real, but both sides aren't showing what's really going on. Interestingly enough NK missles hit SK before, is  the SK radar / military technology not that advanced.. or is there another reason why they were not destroyed?

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:08:38 AM

Having seen the trailer, it hardly looks like blockbuster material... But now that DPRK has stepped in with free publicity, it might get some success after all.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:21:11 AM

North Korea threatens "merciless" response over Seth Rogen film

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/north-korea-merciless-response-us-kim-jong-un-film

<< Country wants film about attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-un banned and says failure to stop its release will be "act of war". >>

I would love to see their response... They can't reach the US and even if they could they are not suicidal. Even at the peak of the cold war, when the USSR and the US had over a combined 50,000 nuclear weapons, no one dared attack knowing a first strike would not go without response.
Now we get this bed wetter who thinks his handful of nukes, which he can hardly deliver, are some kind of threat... The worst he could do is invade South Korea, or attack Japan, at which point his rule, and possibly the lives of most of his citizens, will come to a swift end.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:21:11 AM

Perhaps it's just the perspective but the photo caption above looks as though the water is just about to reach the edge of the conning tower - I have in my mind the voice of the restaurant waiter on the right screaming to the crew below; "Don't panic, our great leader's beach ball head will keep us afloat!"
159.there is nothing wrong with immigration, that was never the issue... there is something wrong with ILLEGAL immigration.... that's the issue that the liberals don't want to discuss.... and so therefore they try to make it seem as if republicans are against immigration when they are against  ILLEGAL immigration... there is a bid difference....

TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:57:01 PM

The Interview: Sony's retreat signals an unprecedented defeat on American turf

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/18/the-interview-sony-hack-north-korea-film

<< This is not the first time a Hollywood film has triggered an international incident, but the reaction has struck closer to home than ever before. >>
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:32:34 PM

Every year they wage war against all west and in the end nothing happens.

It is only internal matter, no concrete action to be made
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Yep I saw that news item, I'm still not convinced in the slightest that it's actually North Korea, simply because like with Iran the west is spoiling for a fight and looking for a legitimate excuse to invade them.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

What a bunch of cowards at Sony. I guess I know how to get what I want from them, threats. I have decided to not buy ANY Sony products or services until I have seen this movie in a theater. So listen up Sony or I'll rain merciless fire on you!  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:38:15 AM

Completely true at least in the US

I thought the movie looked kind of stupid before but now that is has been banned I'm going to have to torrent it when it leaks.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:17:07 AM

The Interview: Sony's retreat signals an unprecedented defeat on American turf

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/18/the-interview-sony-hack-north-korea-film

<< This is not the first time a Hollywood film has triggered an international incident, but the reaction has struck closer to home than ever before. >>

This seems like a good way to take advantage of the situation and promote the movie. A couple of weeks later turn back and release the notorious movie, making a lot more than usual from it.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Funny, they threatened the USA........

SETH ROGEN IS CANADIAN!

lol.. He threatened the producers of the movie, and not the actors. James Weaver is from the US, right? Also Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are Jewish. Kim should threaten to destroy Israel as well.

that would make iran very happy.

Well they already are on cordial terms with each other
Even North Korea keeps some relations with other countries lol.

Indeed, that said the news article that South Korean will send DVDS over to North Korea of this movie without DVD players or food or electricity made me facepalm.
While I do not doubt that there are many atrocities in the DPRK and that it is widespread, I also can't fully trust propaganda based news without facts like the uncles to dogs thing etc.
It's a matter of whose information you can trust unfortunately with a black box you can smear whatever you want on it and well it might stick because their is no way to fact check.

Or should we just look at Cuba and Miami atm lol....
Evil dictator my ass Castro s cool enough rest of worlds been amicable for years
(Darn Mafia remnants)
(Soon Havana will be the gambling capital again lol)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 05:54:39 AM by TheIrishman

Sony cyber attack linked to North Korean government hackers, FBI says

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/19/north-korea-responsible-sony-hack-us-official

<< President Obama expected to address hack of film company at mid-day press conference. >>

Obama on Sony pulling The Interview: "They made a mistake"

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/19/obama-sony-the-interview-mistake-north-korea

<< FBI pins blame for massive hack of Sony Pictures on North Korea. Obama: "We cannot have a dictator imposing censorship in the US". >>
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:03:03 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 07:09:20 AM by TheIrishman

The Interview: a guide to the film hackers don't want you to see

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/19/the-interview-film-guide-sony-hack

<< No viewer could interpret it as legitimate sabre-rattling – the lead characters are idiots and the scenario is preposterous. >>
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

North Korea demands joint inquiry with US into Sony Pictures hack

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/20/north-korea-proposes-joint-inquiry-us-sony-pictures-hack

<< Pyongyang denies responsibility for cyber-attack and threatens grave consequences if Washington continues to blame it. >>
exoton

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

What a bunch of cowards at Sony. I guess I know how to get what I want from them, threats. I have decided to not buy ANY Sony products or services until I have seen this movie in a theater. So listen up Sony or I'll rain merciless fire on you!  Roll Eyes

I think holding off on the release does make somewhat sense for sony. Most of the major theater chains decided not to show the interview so they don't even stand to make very much by releasing it even if the theaters that do show it sell out off of their showings.

Plus the threat of terrorism is likely going to prevent other moviegoers from wanting to go to the movies at all as any terrorist attack would likely affect people in the entire building not a specific theater that the interview is playing in so sony's other releases will be negatively affected.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

The scary thing is, if we could have done something about North Korea, we would have done it long ago.

The comfort lies in the fact that if they could have done something about us, they would have done it long ago.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
exoton

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:33:31 PM

The scary thing is, if we could have done something about North Korea, we would have done it long ago.

The comfort lies in the fact that if they could have done something about us, they would have done it long ago.

Smiley
With the release of the interview, which essentially makes fun of Kim (which is very offense to NK) gives them an additional incentive to want to do something to the US/west.

The reason why the west is unable to do anything to NK is because China supports the NK government because they do not want western influence in the Korean Peninsula. If NK were to do something reckless, like say attempt a terrorist attack, then it could potentially be facing an invasion/attack from it's north border   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: