Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MediaGoblin now accepting bitcoin for donation  (Read 1074 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

http://mediagoblin.org/

MediaGoblin campaign video
http://youtu.be/akKinsAQpHg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:50:52 PM

I wish MediaGoblin a lot contributions! I can't help at the moment but I did read about your projects and imo it is very worth donations!

Good luck!

Cheers!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:35:40 PM

I wish MediaGoblin a lot contributions! I can't help at the moment but I did read about your projects and imo it is very worth donations!

Good luck!

Cheers!

To be clear. This is not my project. I am just sharing something I believe is cool.  Smiley
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:50:04 PM

Good luck!

Cheers!

To be clear. This is not my project. I am just sharing something I believe is cool.  Smiley

Ah ok. That is very kind from your site!!!!

Great to hear that!! Amazing kindness!

Cheers mate!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:40:22 PM

Even more reason than ever to support mediagoblin's open source development... "Do no Evil"

REVEALED: Google's proposed indie music-killing contract terms
Suicide or death-by-DMCA? Not a great choice...

[...]
In short, the move will preserve Google's illegal supply chain by cracking down on its legal supply chain.

[...]
Why does this matter? Getting your stuff taken down from YouTube is hugely costly and in practice, almost impossible, thanks to "safe harbour" provisions designed to protect ISPs and other service providers in the mid-1990s, when the public internet was in its infancy. It requires an individual URL-by-URL take-down notice to be filed for each infringement. Google can continue to monetise the label's music via YouTube, even without the label's permission.

It's been called "Notice and Shakedown", and tiny indie companies can ill afford the resources to do it. As DMN publisher Paul Resnikoff explains:

It’s virtually impossible to actually remove your content from YouTube, especially if you have a smaller (ie, indie) budget… The reason is that YouTube plays by the DMCA, which of course forces the content owner to claim and demand a removal. Once you cannot upload your official versions, then you are dealing with endless crappy, low quality lyrics videos that are often monetized by someone else if not policed properly. And, usage patterns show that everyone goes to those videos if the official video isn’t uploaded fast and first.
In theory Google has a content ID system that could block the unlicensed uploads - but nobody can compel it to use the system. It can stand around and whistle innocently while YouTube is populated with the same music over and over again.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06/24/notice_and_shakedown_google_mafiastyle_contract_for_indie_music_revealed/

here is the contract for those who cares:
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/06/23/fk-heres-entire-youtube-contract-indies

http://mediagoblin.org/

waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:38:52 AM

youtube needs to die, due to recent mass censorship
if mediagoblin is a true p2p replacement then im all for it

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

youtube needs to die, due to recent mass censorship
if mediagoblin is a true p2p replacement then im all for it

I am but one voice. The main reason for me to post about mediagoblin here is they are accepting bitcoin. Hopefully bitcoiners will spread the word and ask direct questions to the developers about their tool and their vision of the internet world.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: