Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: javascript/node.js trading library for bitfloor and mtgox  (Read 3738 times)
shtylman (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:05:54 PM

For anyone looking to write automated traders using javascript with node.js, I maintain a library which should simply the task of connecting to the various exchanges, entering orders, and capturing market data.

https://github.com/bitfloor/trader.nodejs

The library is in the very early phases and the APIs are still under development but the README should point you in the right direction. Feel free to file github issues for features you would like to see and any problems you encounter.

There is also a command line order entry utility (currently for bitfloor only, but it will work for mtgox soon). The command line utility allows basic order entry commands without needing a web interface. The idea is for it to aid in testing when you are developing your trading bot.

Writing traders with javascript and node.js is easy and fun! Give it a try.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 12:15:04 AM

Looks nice! I wrote some early Java code for the mtgox json API, since I'm also interested in tradebots. But the problem is the delay in the mtgox json api, so my concern is, that a bot would simply react much too late to be efficient?

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 03:00:49 AM

Looks nice! I wrote some early Java code for the mtgox json API, since I'm also interested in tradebots. But the problem is the delay in the mtgox json api, so my concern is, that a bot would simply react much too late to be efficient?

I can't comment on the MtGox API speed but I do know that there are many bots on the various exchanges so they do manage to cope somehow Smiley Some algorithms don't require high speed execution.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 04:22:23 PM

Thanks for your reply! Maybe the 10s delay is not really an issue and I should continue work on the Java API. Thanks for the encouragement!

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 05:48:10 PM

MtGox order entry support has been added. You can now trade using a common interface on both Bitfloor and MtGox.
chevdor

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:21:17 PM

Last update a year ago. Is this project abandoned?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: