Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle East Investment Bank: Bitcoin Could Ignite Regional E-Commerce  (Read 1378 times)
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

Kuwait-based investment banking and asset management firm Kuwait Financial Centre, also known as Markaz, has published a new report on bitcoin in which it heralds digital currency as a disruptive technology that could help ignite the region’s e-commerce industry.

http://www.ahametals.com/middle-east-investment-bank-bitcoin-ignite-regional-e-commerce/

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:57:39 AM

Any links to official report?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:15:25 AM

research BRICS aswell.. as it could lead to removing the dollar as reserve currency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98V5u6Gnv30

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:12:47 PM

Oil for Btc. It will happen.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

I really wish one of those things takes off. Bitcoin either needs large amounts of wealth being parked in it (savings, long term holdings) or large sums of money being transacted with the help of it. If there are large amounts of oil being traded with the help of bitcoin, the demand for it, be it only as a trading instrument, rises significantly.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:51:14 PM

I really wish one of those things takes off. Bitcoin either needs large amounts of wealth being parked in it (savings, long term holdings) or large sums of money being transacted with the help of it. If there are large amounts of oil being traded with the help of bitcoin, the demand for it, be it only as a trading instrument, rises significantly.

It has great potential for any commodity that ships over seas. Fees for cross border payments are very high. A stable low cost alternative is a good thing.

FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:24:49 PM

It has great potential for any commodity that ships over seas. Fees for cross border payments are very high. A stable low cost alternative is a good thing.

Well, that being said, Bitcoin isn't especially stable as of now. Granted, we're currently on a sideways trend again, but even under these rather
stable' circumstances, we face fluctuations of about 1% daily. Also, the volume first needs to grow further.

btc2day.cz

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:09:25 AM

research BRICS aswell.. as it could lead to removing the dollar as reserve currency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98V5u6Gnv30

I don't think bitcoin can remove dollar as official currency, but BRICS can and then bitcoin should jump in value. (well.. if it is not closed by someone before :-)
cutepuppy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:16:48 AM

Well, that being said, Bitcoin isn't especially stable as of now. Granted, we're currently on a sideways trend again, but even under these rather
stable' circumstances, we face fluctuations of about 1% daily. Also, the volume first needs to grow further.
At least one country (Kuwait) wants oil to be traded in bitcoin and has announced so publicly. I would argue that it is only a matter of time before we have commodities of some sort are traded in bitcoin
sugarfree

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:36:53 AM

The report envisions a wide range of potential uses for bitcoin technology to improve the region’s oil trade, stating:

“Revamping the payment system in line with bitcoin systems will yield in savings in terms of cost, time and paperwork involved. Alternatively the same payment method could be adopted for fund transfers among the GCC regions as well as the whole of [the] Middle East.”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: