Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost all of my Cinnicoins - Does anyone know how to fix my wallet or what to do?  (Read 689 times)
GAML (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:55:02 PM

Hi

I have lost all of my Cinni.  I sent Cinnicoins to mintpal.  I got a pop up that said something like "coins have already been spent" my balanced went to 0 and shows in transactions that coins were deducted.  Coins have still not arrived in mintpal after I sent them there 2 days ago. I have looked on the blockchain and the mintpal address shows no transactions.  My wallet address when I looked on the blockchain shows transactions and that I still have coins there.

I have tried deleting everything in my roaming folder and downloaded the block chain again.  No coins have returned.  I have tried debug menu and wrote -salvagewallet -rescan -debug -repairwallet all of these commands get the message "Method not found (code -32601)"

I read a post of someone who this also happened too and they wrote in the end and said they repaired the wallet and got the coins back but they do not explain how they did this and have not replied to my post asking what to do.  Can someone please help me?   Huh  Cry

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:17:31 PM

hi, this sub forum it's all about bitcoin
maybe you can ask here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.0;topicseen
they talk about cinnicoin there
GAML (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

Thank you.

if you have a backup of the wallet.dat before you made the transaction that all you need to do is put that in the appdataroaming folder and delete everything else.

if not you can do this:

download the new coincontrol wallet which is in the op now.
1. you can find your all address(including change addresses) from coin control features. use the coin control wallet click on settings>options>display and click on coincontrol then press OK.

then go to the send coins and click on inputs...
then click on list mode.
that shows you all the addresses you own.
see if there is one you missed

unlock wallet in console walletpassphrase typethepassword 9999

and then type this in console : dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>

2. backup and move wallet.dat to a safe place, use a new wallet sync from 0 with a new wallet.dat and import your private keys of all addresses. Wait and reopen your wallet it should show your correct balance.

import like this importprivkey <private key> [name]
replace <private key> with your private key so it will look like importprivkey k456hjgu65678tyut34567ddklhdfghhdfhdfghdfhkf5 [name]
and replace [name] with a name for the address. so it will look like importprivkey k456hjgu65678tyut34567ddklhdfghhdfhdfghdfhkf5 savings

this is a complicated process but its the best way when using alot of money.
since other methods of fixing the wallet.dat are risky.

make sure to import all your private keys and use coincontrol to see ones you missed(like change addresses you need to import those too)

in the future make more backups of your wallet.dat

backup your wallet.dat before and after.

and delete everything in the appdata roaming cinnicoin folder for both tries.

the new wallet fixes the problems.

Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:09:14 PM

Thank you.

if you have a backup of the wallet.dat before you made the transaction that all you need to do is put that in the appdataroaming folder and delete everything else.

if not you can do this:

download the new coincontrol wallet which is in the op now.
1. you can find your all address(including change addresses) from coin control features. use the coin control wallet click on settings>options>display and click on coincontrol then press OK.

then go to the send coins and click on inputs...
then click on list mode.
that shows you all the addresses you own.
see if there is one you missed

unlock wallet in console walletpassphrase typethepassword 9999

and then type this in console : dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>

2. backup and move wallet.dat to a safe place, use a new wallet sync from 0 with a new wallet.dat and import your private keys of all addresses. Wait and reopen your wallet it should show your correct balance.

import like this importprivkey <private key> [name]
replace <private key> with your private key so it will look like importprivkey k456hjgu65678tyut34567ddklhdfghhdfhdfghdfhkf5 [name]
and replace [name] with a name for the address. so it will look like importprivkey k456hjgu65678tyut34567ddklhdfghhdfhdfghdfhkf5 savings

this is a complicated process but its the best way when using alot of money.
since other methods of fixing the wallet.dat are risky.

make sure to import all your private keys and use coincontrol to see ones you missed(like change addresses you need to import those too)

in the future make more backups of your wallet.dat

backup your wallet.dat before and after.

and delete everything in the appdata roaming cinnicoin folder for both tries.

the new wallet fixes the problems.

Looks like you have just answered your own question in details. Smiley

GAML (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

Someone else answered but I cannot delete this post so I put the solution in there so other people will know it is fixed.  Can I ask a moderator to delete the post?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: