Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: middle-click paste (under xorg) of the send amount will not update the amount  (Read 1722 times)
prof7bit (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:21:10 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 06:35:50 PM by prof7bit

Steps to reproduce:

* switch to the send tab, the previously sent amount is in the amount field (in the above example 5 BTC)
* click new, enter a new bitcoin address to send to, optionally a new label
* click into the amount field, clear it entirely using delete or backspace
* middle-click to paste the contents of PRIMARY into the amount (in the above example 0.0038625 BTC)
* the fiat currency text field is not updated (stays empty)
* click send
* see screenshot

________
PS:

please PLEASE while you are at it before you close your IDE again after fixing this bug: after sending please, please, please clear the amount, the address, the label immediately automatically, so when I switch from the transactions to the send tab I find it completely *empty* and can immediately begin entering address and amount. I cannot count the numbers of times anymore where I messed up my labels because quickly pasting an address into the send tab for quickly sending some coins. This is the single one most annoying user interface glitch of all, noobs will regularly fail to use it properly.

Alternatively you can also implement it so that if I replace the address in the send tab then it will also clear the label and the amount and have the same effect as pressing "new", maybe this ls less invasive but serves the same problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: