Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ENOUGH ALTCOINS???? DO WE NEED MORE NEW COINS????  (Read 2179 times)
111magic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:04:44 PM

Each day, new altcoins arrive on the market.
Some altcoins have improvements. Some altcoins have a loyal community. Some altcoins can be used to pay for products & services. Some altcoins are only made to make money.

It does the market and the value of the altcoins not good as every day new altcoins recover. The total capital remains the same. So the money moves from one to the other. For the future of the altcoins and the value it will be better to invest only in altcoins that already exist or satisfy the above improvements / changes / loyal community.

This is a vision of me and let me know what you think about it.
Thereby also look at the figures relating to your own opinion.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:05:29 PM

Welcome to the Wild Wild West
DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

The amount and diversity of coins is what makes this fun. So many different options.

Ive also noticed since the few first "scam coins" were exposed and dumped people research on the coin of their choice and ask questions a whole lot more.

Vootcoin!
originalchilli

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:09:33 PM

competition creates innovation.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

People will mine every new shit for a chance of instamine and instant dump because it's profitable, there are a lot of morons ready to buy everything.
originalchilli

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

People will mine every new shit for a chance of instamine and instant dump because it's profitable, there are a lot of morons ready to buy everything.

That too  Grin

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
MMORPG

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:11:17 PM

I don't have my mailbox subscribed to get this sort of bullshit threads under my eye. There're never enough altcoins, deal with it or gtfo here

Cheers!
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

These persons who buy them are not cryptocurrencies investors with long-term objectives, but gamblers.
Their money would not have gone to the safe and legit coins anyway, so they don't detract from the altcoins' total capital.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:13:28 PM

There are over 800 altcoins already. 90%  or more of them will die sooner or later.
New coins trend is likely going to continue until people will finally start to realize that there is no money in quick pump and dump. Thats where truly innovative and professional coins will start to shine and all shitcoins will be quickly forgotten.
Im looking forward to that time.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:15:20 PM

competition creates innovation.
that must explain all the new X11 coins  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:15:54 PM

There are over 800 altcoins already. 90%  or more of them will die sooner or later.
New coins trend is likely going to continue until people will finally start to realize that there is no money in quick pump and dump. Thats where truly innovative and professional coins will start to shine and all shitcoins will be quickly forgotten.

Imho, there will always be a considerable market for shitcoins.
Many people seem to consider this like a good decentralized way to gamble and have the potential to quickly make good profits.

I don't see why gamblers will stop putting money on them.
111magic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:16:10 PM

I don't have my mailbox subscribed to get this sort of bullshit threads under my eye. There're never enough altcoins, deal with it or gtfo here

Cheers!

Take youre time to read the topic again!
Unsubscribed youre mailbox!  Grin Grin

111magic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

+1

jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:32:13 PM

Some altcoins have improvements. Some altcoins have a loyal community. Some altcoins can be used to pay for products & services. Some altcoins are only made to make money.

It does the market and the value of the altcoins not good as every day new altcoins recover. The total capital remains the same. So the money moves from one to the other. For the future of the altcoins and the value it will be better to invest only in altcoins that already exist or satisfy the above improvements / changes / loyal community.

This is a vision of me and let me know what you think about it.
Thereby also look at the figures relating to your own opinion.

To come with a solution, do what I did to Flymecoin. Lets evaluate once there is new coin announcement and dump it right away.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663221.0
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:30:07 PM

I'd say 99,9% of them will die out sooner or later. Except Bitcoin, 5 coins might actually last, but not make it at the same time.
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

I agree with you.  We have already started to see exchanges really crack down on adding so many new coins, which is really the only thing that gives a coin value. 

The problem is:

New shitcoin introduced.
Offers bounties for wallet, translations, block chain etc.
Same people do this to receive free coins.
Pools add coin and charge a percentage....for free coins.
A small group will always get in right away, get large amount of coins and stand by coin no matter how terrible or worthless it is.
Group will petition every exchange to get added so their coins are worth anything. 
If it ever does get added, most will be dumped and volume will be low.

Look at Poloniex.  57 coins ATM with a 24 hour volume of less than .1 BTC and another 8 with volume less than .1 LTC .  Why?  There is no want or value for so many coins out there.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
Kergekoin

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:40:11 PM

I agree with you.  We have already started to see exchanges really crack down on adding so many new coins, which is really the only thing that gives a coin value.  

The problem is:

New shitcoin introduced.
A small group will always get in right away, get large amount of coins and stand by coin no matter how terrible or worthless it is.
Group will petition every exchange to get added so their coins are worth anything.  

Look at Poloniex.  57 coins ATM with a 24 hour volume of less than .1 BTC and another 8 with volume less than .1 LTC .  Why?  There is no want or value for so many coins out there.

Exchange volume is not an indicator of if the coin is good or bad. The best indicators are the coins topics, developers posts and github sources. Many the most professional coins are extremely underrated because they have long mining periods which pump and dumpers do not like.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:46:27 PM

I agree with you.  We have already started to see exchanges really crack down on adding so many new coins, which is really the only thing that gives a coin value.  

The problem is:

New shitcoin introduced.

Look at Poloniex.  57 coins ATM with a 24 hour volume of less than .1 BTC and another 8 with volume less than .1 LTC .  Why?  There is no want or value for so many coins out there.

Exchange volume is not an indicator of if the coin is good or bad. The best indicators are the coins topics, developers posts and github sources. Many the most professional coins are extremely underrated because they have long mining periods which pump and dumpers do not like.

In certain situations I would say that's true.  I'm curious to see where we will be in say 4-5 months.  I would be willing to bet the number of new coins coming out goes way down, because the pay off simply won't be there.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:51:25 PM

. Some altcoins are only made to make money.

This .
Most of all the coins that are released on daily basis are just pump n dump coins , no innovation , simply cloned coins . But there are still people who are buying them and becoming bagholders .
Kergekoin

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:59:55 PM

. Some altcoins are only made to make money.

This .
Most of all the coins that are released on daily basis are just pump n dump coins , no innovation , simply cloned coins . But there are still people who are buying them and becoming bagholders .

More and more newbies incoming in to cryptocoin forums every day. They will take some losses until they realize that there is no point to buy those short term coins.

If you are new and you want to put your money in to some cryptocoin, then do your research and think twice before you invest. Try to assess which coin will be there for a years to come and which will die.
My bets from the oldest to the newest of the altcoins are LTC, WDC, DOGE, CINNI, DIG. Im confident that those choices will average me a good profit after months and years to come.
I have no interest in short term pumps. I simply dont camble against all the trading bots.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: