Author Topic: ..  (Read 3602 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Will we ever know the price those coins were sold for? Or is it confidential?

It seems we'll never know, that's too bad.

Even if we don't find out the sale price of the coins, we're pretty likely to get info on what some of the failed bids were.  So worst case, we know the amount that was not high enough for the coins to go for, and can deduce from there.

Right. There will definitely be a flood of information coming out after the auction ends. There is no way all of those people are going to stay silent about the process or what bids did not win.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:20:08 AM

Will we ever know the price those coins were sold for? Or is it confidential?

It seems we'll never know, that's too bad.

Even if we don't find out the sale price of the coins, we're pretty likely to get info on what some of the failed bids were.  So worst case, we know the amount that was not high enough for the coins to go for, and can deduce from there.

Right. There will definitely be a flood of information coming out after the auction ends. There is no way all of those people are going to stay silent about the process or what bids did not win.
+1 ... most government crap like this is supposed to be public record anyways when available. Barry's reak down was too confusing just tell me when the avg price was per btc
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:48:50 AM

Wow, a sudden outbreak of real wisdom in the last few posts.

Franz Kafka said (approx. 100 years ago) "I do not read advertisements - I would spend all my time wanting things".

That's a great quote, replying so I can find this later.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:46:50 AM

What is the verdict? The final price on auction that is.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:45:59 AM

Sources say $789
BTCfan1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:47:23 AM

Sources say $789

my sauces tell me somewhere 800-1500
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:50:25 AM

in your dreams. It will probably sell for way less. I dare you to bet on betmoose if youre so confident.

i would be willing to do an escrowed bet that the price they were sold at was higher than the spot price of the day they were auctioned off.

Care to put up? Or just shut... Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:52:36 AM

in your dreams. It will probably sell for way less. I dare you to bet on betmoose if youre so confident.

i would be willing to do an escrowed bet that the price they were sold at was higher than the spot price of the day they were auctioned off.

just curious -- what would you use as confirmation of the auction price(s)? are we actually going to hear from any official channel? and if not, who can be trusted to "leak" this info?
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:10:25 AM

I think a more positive way of viewing the SR coin auction is the fact that, even if they bid a single dollar on them (which obviously they were required to bid much more than), there is more money overall backing the bitcoin. Think about it -- each of those coins have essentially been double purchased. They were initially purchased by the Silk Road customers who exchanged them for goods and then the same bitcoins were then resold into the market a second time via the auction.

It would be as though somebody bought counterfeit bills or securities (I don't mean this comparison in quality, just for the purpose of explaining the practical effect) at face value and then the government seized those bills and sold them for X cents or dollars on the dollar. Again, remember the bitcoin is more currency than asset (like a car) so seizing and reselling it just means there is that much more fiat that was essentially injected into the coin.

Thus, regardless of how the auction went off, I think it should be looked at positively. Moreover, less than a 1% stake in bitcoin resulted in a price fluctuation around 15 to 20%. Therefore, viewed through that lens, there is reason to be bullish in the near to mid-term.

Post Note: I am still wary of the possibility of collusion in the bidding process especially after the leaking of identities and, if that happened, a subsequent overreaction. Still, on the whole, things are all to the Jesus.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:16:27 AM

Depends on whether you mean the day's high or the day's low. If you'll give me the day's spot high then I'll take the bet. I, honestly, think it will be close and just under the day's spot price. My thinking is this:

10% chance of collusion and/or utter bull---- -- bad news bears
50% chance of just under the day's high -- it is an auction, after all, and even if there isn't straight up collusion there are ways to figure out what everybody else would be bidding.
40% chance of just over -- over spot but under the cost of amalgamating on the secondary market
10% chance that God loves us all

So, by that thought process, I'd take the bet because I think the odds would favor me slightly albeit not immensely.

Note: I am fairly poor -- the bet would have to be modest. About half a bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: