Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: do not agree to new COINBASE.COM terms!!!  (Read 2638 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:43:27 PM

Read the actual emails.  Rees admitted it was their fault, and whitelisted me, but than said we can't "reinitiate" the transactions.  Olaf on the other hand says we can reinitiate the transactions.

See what's happening here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

Read the actual emails.  Rees admitted it was their fault, and whitelisted me, but than said we can't "reinitiate" the transactions.  Olaf on the other hand says we can reinitiate the transactions.

Right, they had already given you the money back.  What, did you think you could get the cash AND the bitcoins?
I did read the emails. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328013.msg3526610#msg3526610

"I was whitelisted and the original order has been reinstated at the original contract rate."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145797.0

"Sorry about that! After manually reviewing your account I've whitelisted it so you shouldn't experience any additional issues going forward. I've also pushed through the transaction that was canceled previously (at the original exchange rate you locked in), so you should have those coins by the end of tomorrow."

Etc. Etc. 
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:23:55 PM

Right, they had already given you the money back.  What, did you think you could get the cash AND the bitcoins?
I did read the emails. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328013.msg3526610#msg3526610

"I was whitelisted and the original order has been reinstated at the original contract rate."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145797.0

"Sorry about that! After manually reviewing your account I've whitelisted it so you shouldn't experience any additional issues going forward. I've also pushed through the transaction that was canceled previously (at the original exchange rate you locked in), so you should have those coins by the end of tomorrow."

Etc. Etc. 

No sir, the links you provided is not me.  For me they never honored it and did not reinitiate the transactions.
FFrost

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:10:14 AM

I guess a business is in it to make money. What's with the 2 week wait? Well doesn't look like Coinbase want to hand out free money but thanks for pointing out the flaws in the system and I don't think I we be using Coinbase.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:29:54 AM

Do NOT agree to their new terms and services!
gijoes

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:05:55 AM

I guess a business is in it to make money. What's with the 2 week wait? Well doesn't look like Coinbase want to hand out free money but thanks for pointing out the flaws in the system and I don't think I we be using Coinbase.

Wise decision - you can't beat the house.

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:29:52 PM

I don't get it...how are they stealing if they refund what you sent to them?

OP is suggesting people lost profits on a bitcoin rally because Coinbase do not honour the purchase orders. It is similar to a gambling site invalidating a bet after the bet has won.

This. It is very easy to see how Coinbase is systematically SCAMMING their users. I see others in this thread claim that "giving you a refund" on a CURRENCY TRANSACTION is alright and like giving you a refund if you buy a TV from some webshop.

Let me put it simple.

I announce that I AM THE BITCOIN BROOKER. You can give me ze USD and I will give you the BTC. Coinbase story is that this is the "service" they provide.

1. You send me $1000 and ask me to buy ze Bitcoin.
2. I buy BTC for $1000.
3. I wait two weeks.
4. If the price is lower then I send you the Bitcoin and you take a loss. If the price is higher then I sell the BTC that I bought with _your_ $1000, keep the profit and send you back your $1000. This is exactly what Coinbase is doing.

How is this not FRAUD? Sorry to put it so bluntly but Coinbase is clearly a big scam.

They will not make it right for me because "the system does not allow it" since it is so long ago. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: