Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It ain't easy bein Satoshi  (Read 2401 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:07:16 PM

I thought it was a new thought -- about Satoshi's personal inner struggles in dealing mentally with what he gave birth to.
You are engaging in wishful thinking - pure fantasy. As we have no evidence one way or the other, on what basis can we make such assumptions about his/her mental state?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:12:18 PM

I thought it was a new thought -- about Satoshi's personal inner struggles in dealing mentally with what he gave birth to.
You are engaging in wishful thinking - pure fantasy. As we have no evidence one way or the other, on what basis can we make such assumptions about his/her mental state?

Re-read the OP.  It's clearly conjecture, not assumption.  Do you understand the difference?

Maybe I'm completely wrong about my little theory here... you're right -- we'll never know.

Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:00:18 PM

satoshi was chased and killed by a government agency a while before bitcoin became popular, he managed to destroy his private keys before this, reason why you will never see that coins move from blockchain.

he did this not because of the economic value of bitcoin but because the complete purpose of his currency would lose sense in the wrong hands (exactly the situation we are living today, where bitcoin is becaming just another currency for banks and wall street idiots)

Actually, I heard that Satoshi is actually a neo-samuri.  In the year 2156, the Yakuza will have risen to global domination.  Without getting into too much detail (it's 142 years for Christ's sake) suffice it to say, China and USA take each other out financially, and Yakuza gains strength in the East finally bleeding into EU and demonstrating its power with a new holiday kind of like the Purge movie.

Meanwhile, a long forgotten splinter cell of Yakuza, unhappy with the direction that the NWO emporer is taking the civilized world, rebrands itself as the Neo-Samuri.  It relocates itself to the former USA and establishes a thriving underground stronghold using the cover of the Church of Latter Day Saints to recruit members and teach everyone how to tie really good knots.

For decades, the Yakuza had been using North America to test social, technical, and biological experiments before deployment to the rest of the world.  It was there that they created YHJ-43589, the first complete genetically synthetic human being derived from primordial soup.  They had been successfully creating livestock for food in this way for decades, but the human brain eluded them.  Resources waned for many years down to a single lab.  When YHJ-43589 had been born, it was just a footnote because the Yakuza authorities fully expected it to grow up trying to chew on grass or peck grain like countless others before it.

When YHJ-43589 showed promise a few years after its birth, a lab tech was so excited he got drunk one night and started telling everyone what he was doing and how a simple pheromone extraction from an extinct ant was the key.  The Neo-Samuri used this information to their advantage, and pressed the lab employees into making humans for them.  It turned out that YHJ-43589 wasn't just smart, it was a fluke.  YHJ-43589 was so brilliant, it figured out a way to tweak the human brain to its desire.  It desired change.  It desired Satoshi Nakamoto.

On February 11, 2186, Satoshi Nakamoto is born.  He can predict 10 minutes into the future.  At age 6, he uses chicken wire and parts from an old Sizolo machine to create a long range encrypted transmission device that the Neo-Samuri use liberally.  He dislikes cauliflower.

Satoshi was so brilliant that he would often argue people in circles, convincing them that they won his arguments.  He chose to walk to school instead of bringing his own lunch.  By the time he was 12, he had discovered time travel.  He was the perfect double agent, but he had his sites set much higher.

He was brought up to live the Neo-Samuri way.  Forced by the Yakuza into slave labor, he was forced to remove fly feces from pepper shakers using boxing gloves.  He desperately wanted a country for his people to call their own, and realized that he needed money to fund a full blown revolution.

On February 16, 2212, A fresh 26 year old Satoshi Nakamoto traveled back in time to create Bitcoin.  The reason we don't hear from him anymore is because he went back into the future to spend his bitcoins and wrestle a small part of the world from the clutches of an evil empire.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

Awesome! Would make good anime.

Dr. Sekxy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:49:58 PM

Nick Szabo + Wei Dai = Nakamoto, Satoshi (that's how Japanese usually refer to their name)
BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:07:53 PM

One of the current core developers is Satoshi

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:21:49 PM

Nakamoto? Smiley or some other Satoshi? Smiley

ps. I don't believe that he indeed is one of the core developers... Smiley but who knows.

Regards
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:44:37 PM

Nakamoto? Smiley or some other Satoshi? Smiley

ps. I don't believe that he indeed is one of the core developers... Smiley but who knows.

Regards

Writing styles don't match

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:02:15 AM

and he is watching bitcoin like watching one's child...

nah, i think he is doing other things most days. case in point. with the whole dorian sage, he never jumped to dorians defense the first few days where it was the talk of the town and on many threads on the forum.

but when proper media came in and it was on TV, where i presume he first heard about it days later. he then went to one of his old usernames to vindicate dorian.

so next time you want to get in contact with the true bitcoin founder. try getting on a proper TV news station. as i dont think he wastes his time reading this forum.

if i invented a space rocket that could get average joe to the moon for only $200 in fuel. i wouldnt waste my time on a nasa website everyday, id get on with my life and then be proud when i seen my invention mentioned on TV.
im pretty sure richard branson dosnt sit at a desk reading forums about virgin galactic all day
im pretty sure bill gates doesnt spend each day reading the microsoft tech forums
im pretty sure stan lee doesnt spend everyday on comic book forums
im pretty sure J.K. Rowlings doesnt spend everyday on a harry potter forum

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
icet208

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:36:20 AM

Question,

During the Newsweek Dorian nonsense, I heard that one of Satoshi's old accounts was logged onto and he said that Dorian was not him.

Was there any verification that this was or was not Satoshi, just curious because if there was a good reason that it was him then at least he's still around.
It wasn`t satoshi`s old account. It was a new account "satosh¡"
The "i" it is "!" upside down.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:08:51 AM

satoshi is our einstein bro
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:52:01 AM

discuss...
We really needed another Satoshi thread? You couldn't pick one of the dozens that already exist, you just HAD to create your own?

This thread stinks of ego.

If people didn't create new threads this place would be boring.
Its getting harder and harder for me to take you seriously.
I agree with you, I always monitoring the latest thread-tread that can provide good information to me. then I look for other references and discuss it in the forum. it would make it more useful and enjoyable to visit at any time
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 06:53:56 AM

On February 16, 2212, A fresh 26 year old Satoshi Nakamoto traveled back in time to create Bitcoin.  The reason we don't hear from him anymore is because he went back into the future to spend his bitcoins and wrestle a small part of the world from the clutches of an evil empire.
This post makes this thread worthy of existence. It's also a more compelling argument than OP.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:01:33 AM

Satoshi & Bitcoin is alien technology we recovered from Roswell.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

He is probably working 9-5 coding stuff and chilling with his family after work. He could be anyone of us
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:56:19 PM

All he would really have to do is maintain a low enough profile so that others do not watch every word that he says so he could possibly be connected to him creating Bitcoin.

This spot for rent.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:31:36 PM

The torch has been passed, Gavin and his cybernetic alien implant are here to lead the charge!
TEDmachine

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:08:51 PM

of course it's not easy to not exist  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: