Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin 4 Music": first results positive  (Read 614 times)
MuziekacademieDH (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:57:26 PM

"Bitcoin 4 Music": first results positive

"Bitcoin 4 Music", the event held at the Music Academy in the Hague last week, may not have directly resulted in the first BTC payments, but did have a widespread positive effect.

Since announcing the event, director Maria Lewanski has been interviewed by CoinDesk, asked to speak at a Bitcoin conference in Utrecht next Monday and done a radio interview for the Dutch FunX, a station popular with the younger generations.

During the event, many people asked questions about Bitcoin and several voiced their intentions to become involved, either by purchasing BTC, ordering mining hardware, and even starting up businesses offering BTC-related services.

"I was quite surprised by the speed with which our announcement spread around the internet!" says Lewanski. "I was also surprised to be invited to speak about BTC - I'm certainly no expert on the topic, but at least I've been able to publicly dispel many of the negative ideas that are circulating, and to point out many of the positive aspects of BTC."

Though the Music Academy has yet to receive their first Bitcoin payment, they hope the idea will catch on by September, when tuition for next year is officially due. And yes, the 10% discount offer still holds for the first 5 BTC customers.

In the meantime, the year-old school continues to look for funding for the last phase of the renovations to their building. Lewanski: "We've managed to cut overhead to a minimum so that we can operate without government funding, but for big, one-time expenditures like this, we're relying on donations from people who believe in the importance of music education for a broad public."

Would you like to support music education and help to broaden the BTC market? Donations can be made to:
URI: bitcoin:1FK6ZQGj8BZJjZiUPChBnwe462VJdTg7sX?label=Muziekacademie%20Den%20Haag%20
Address: 1FK6ZQGj8BZJjZiUPChBnwe462VJdTg7sX
Label: Muziekacademie Den Haag

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: