Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Crowdfund a game "The City" for March  (Read 1110 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 11:12:04 PM

A plead for some BTC in exchange for development of a game: http://kibabase.com/articles/help-crowdfund-a-game-the-city-for-march

Need the money to have a roof over my head, continue development, and stop my savings from bleeding to nothingness. Aiming for 300 dollars to continue development for the whole month of March. Hope to reach this goal by the end of March.

You can follow my progress and ask development related question, report bugs, and ask gameplay questions there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63537.0

Please ask questions about the future of the game, fundraising question, and so on here.

Stay tune for screenshots, videologs, and so on.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 10:54:17 PM

Bumpy bump! Not even a single satoshi was donated?

Is my game not good enough to fund? Have I bored people? Do I seem suspicious?

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:05:09 PM

i just dont believe there will every be a fun game coming out of this.
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:08:11 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2012, 11:28:41 PM by Boss

I'll put it simply: The free market has decided your game isn't worth making.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:15:28 PM

i just dont believe there will every be a fun game coming out of this.

Why?

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:17:47 PM

I'll put it simply: The free market has decided your game isn't worth of making.

Captain obvious. I am more interested in investigating the reasons behind why they decided it wasn't worth it.

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:29:34 PM

Make the game easier to understand. I don't even get it at first glance.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 11:56:42 PM

Make the game easier to understand. I don't even get it at first glance.

That was in the work in the last couple of days, as I been listening to feedback for the past two months! However, the new stuff aren't yet deployed.

1) I added a help page. You can access it by pressing "h" while the menu is open in game mode. This explains what's going on in term of interface.

2) I added tooltip which allow you to identify what you're seeing by hovering over any tiles. You will be able to identify units soon too!

I could construct a tutorial on how to play, but given a lack of gameplay features, I think it is too immature at this time. You wouldn't be able to do much anyway. Plus, I don't have a framework for tutoring just yet. They need a trigger and goal detection system first.

Even more, a tutorial probably can't be perfected on the first try. It will probably be confusing and people will give up in frustration.

That's why feedback is so important! If everybody is silent, nobody tells him why it is wrong. Whether or not you donate, speaks up! I like to know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: