Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making your own mining farm and distributing shares?  (Read 1088 times)
Reclaim3r (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:13:37 PM

I've been on cryptostocks and I've seen quite a few mining farm shares, where you can buy a share that is proportionate to a certain amount of mining power on that farm and gain money via dividends. I was wondering how it's profitable for the owner of that farm?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Say that you've calculated that over, say, a 1-year term (long time in the Bitcoin mining world), investment and ongoing costs combined means you should be getting about $1000/month.  That's $1000, not some Bitcoin amount, because the warehouse wants $, your landlord wants $, your baker wants $, and you purchased the equipment in $.
You may or may not get that back from mining and selling the mined Bitcoin.  So you offer shares, 10% for $150.  10 people buy into it, because the $150 still appears to be a good deal compared to competitors / buying and running their own hardware, especially since you bought in bulk and thus were able to get better pricing.  Now you get $1500/month, no matter what the exchange rate is doing.

At least, that's how I imagine it works out for farms - if they can get enough BTC themselves, believe that they will continue to get enough from it, and they would make less from selling shares... then obviously selling shares makes no sense whatsoever.

The argument is similar for hardware manufacturers, of course.  Unless they're staunch believes of the Bitcoin system and want to see it grow in stability, then the only reason to sell the hardware rather than locating and running it themselves is because they much prefer the guaranteed (pre)payment over the 'if all goes well' BTC returns.

People with Block Erupters should adopt selling mining shares, really Wink

brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:18:30 PM

I've been on cryptostocks and I've seen quite a few mining farm shares, where you can buy a share that is proportionate to a certain amount of mining power on that farm and gain money via dividends. I was wondering how it's profitable for the owner of that farm?

Well that's easy, you sell it for more than it mines of course.  So if you have shares with enough mining power to product 1BTC over the course of the contract, you sell them for say, 1.5BTC and pocket the difference.  Maybe tack on a maintenance fee too just for good measure.  An even better way to make money is to not mine at all.  Since you are charging more than you pretend to mine, you can just run a calculator to estimate what you should have mined and pay your "customers" that amount and keep the difference.  If you're particularly greedy you can even still charge a maintenance fee. 

MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:27:52 AM

Well that's easy, you sell it for more than it mines of course.  So if you have shares with enough mining power to product 1BTC over the course of the contract, you sell them for say, 1.5BTC and pocket the difference.  Maybe tack on a maintenance fee too just for good measure.  An even better way to make money is to not mine at all.  Since you are charging more than you pretend to mine, you can just run a calculator to estimate what you should have mined and pay your "customers" that amount and keep the difference.  If you're particularly greedy you can even still charge a maintenance fee. 

Usually you have to show prove of your mining farm in-order for people to believe in it, best way is to do it via the crypto stock and have really low electricity and people would invest in it.

MileyJohanson
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:36:14 AM

Usually you have to show prove of your mining farm in-order for people to believe in it, best way is to do it via the crypto stock and have really low electricity and people would invest in it.

Companies like pbmining have categorically refused to offer ANY proof of mining and they have people lining up to buy. 
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:12:11 AM

I actually just finished building a small datacenter myself only thing left I need to do is get the meter installed and run the electrical. Debating on doing an IPO just not sure the best way to approach it quite yet still sourcing which miner to use. Fingers crossed they will keep it at my residential rates. If anyones located in ohio and would like to check the project out send a PM!

When everything is all finished I'll be taking photos and offering hosted miners and possibly realistic priced contract mining and can not wait to show it off! pbmining to me i smelt pyramid scam from the get go and will fall off the face of the earth within a year.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████