Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Singapore Government owned investment firm trials bitcoin  (Read 966 times)
Guido (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

I think this is a pretty big deal

Love the fact everyone was involved from drivers to boardroom and everything donated to charities taking bitcoin

http://www.coindesk.com/singapore-government-owned-investment-firm-experiments-bitcoin/

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:41:08 PM

yes cool stuff. some weeks ago i read that banks play with it. also barry silbert told us, that this is happening right now. interesting times.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

Wow. This is really good news. Temasek is huge. I hope this doesn't get overlooked. They run all kinds of things like mobile phones and such. If they are taking a serious look at bitcoin that is amazing.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:07:44 PM

Read the article! It's a donate to charity "game" they played, they are not investing in bitcoins. It's also a PR plot if you ask me. They know "bitcoin" is a buzz word.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:40:50 AM

Read the article! It's a donate to charity "game" they played, they are not investing in bitcoins. It's also a PR plot if you ask me. They know "bitcoin" is a buzz word.

It's not about them investing in bitcoins, it's about them becoming familiar with them. And thus strengthening the chance that some of their companies will accept them eventually. It's a great idea on their part to let people become familiar with btc by testing it out themselves first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: