Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mexican Military chopper opens fire on US Border Patrol Agents  (Read 1238 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:18:37 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 11:34:58 PM by Chef Ramsay

Front and center on the Drudge Report which is one of the top rated websites in the Western world.
“The incident occurred after midnight and before 6 a.m. Helicopter flew into the U.S. and fired on two U.S. Border Patrol agents,” Del Cueto said in a statement to KVOA. “The incident occurred west of the San Miguel Gate on the Tohono O’odham Indian Nation. The agents were unharmed. The helicopter went back into Mexico. Mexico then contacted U.S. authorities and apologized for the incident.”

Del Cueto said four agents were in a marked patrol vehicle when they were shot at.

“They could say they didn’t fire at the agents intentionally. But for them to say that they were no shots fired within the United States, toward the United States Border Patrol, is a lie. They got in contact with our managers and apologized for the incident,” Del Cueto said.

Andy Adame, Border Patrol spokesperson, said that Mexican authorities fired two shots at the border agents.
“Two shots were fired from the helicopter but no injuries or damage to U.S. property were reported,”
More...http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/06/27/report-mexican-military-chopper-crosses-into-us-shoots-at-border-agents/
I feel bad for all of those that live along the border in TX and AZ that have to deal w/ the spill over and all the rampant funneling of illegals into the country. There's a whole other list of stories to corroborate this on Drudge.
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:47:17 AM

Does this mean the US will take military action against Canada?  Tongue

In all seriousness, this is a pretty absurd.
The border issue is getting worse by the year...
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:54:17 AM

Does this mean the US will take military action against Canada?  Tongue

We need to treat the cause rather than the symptom.

The solution isn't build a wall or a fence. Nuking them will solve the problem long term.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:13:07 AM

The solution isn't build a wall or a fence. Nuking them will solve the problem long term.

Well those drug cartel leaders are harder to kill than cockroaches so I don't think nuking them would fix anything.  Central America would just pick up their bags and wonder where everybody went and why it's so dusty.
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

To be fair, the United States should be very tolerant of countries which send aircraft into other countries to shoot at people.

But the U.S. is not really much into fairness, justice, or liberty.

The U.S. is dumb thug muscle for global banksters.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:21:36 PM

Mexico is such a shitty country. Today, one of the prominent anti-drug activists was arrested by the government in the state of Michoacan ( Dr. Jose Manuel Mireles). Really pathetic step.

BTW.. here comes the denial from Mexico:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mexican-chopper-opens-fire-u-s-soil-officials-article-1.1847031
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

Border Patrol Agents: Cartels May Have "Rented" Cover From Mexican Military Helicopter in Shooting Incident

On Thursday morning between midnight and 6 a.m. at least one Mexican military helicopter crossed eight miles into the United States and shot at Border Patrol agents with lethal force before returning to Mexican territory. The incident occurred in an area notorious for violent drug cartel activity just west of the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation during a Border Patrol drug interdiction operation. The timing and location of the incident has prompted agents to believe the use of the helicopter by the Mexican military may have been on behalf of drug cartels operating in the area.

"Mexican military are oftentimes working hand in glove with the cartels. The Mexican military has routinely crossed the border in areas that Border Patrol agents are actively tracking or seizing drug loads. Inevitably the Mexican military claim they got lost, that the border was not clearly marked, or in extreme cases fire on agents to cover their retreat," National Border Patrol Council Spokesman Shawn Moran exclusively tells Townhall. "Ajo, AZ Border Patrol agents have had several incidents like this over the years where they have taken shots from the Mexican military. The cartels' resources are nearly limitless and it would not surprise me if they "rented" the cover by the Mexican military helicopter in this incident."

A Border Patrol agent stationed in Arizona, who asked to remain anonymous, backed up Moran's statements saying the Mexican military regularly works with cartels on the border and has been doing so for years.

The Mexican government has apologized for the shooting, but has not explained why the helicopter was in the area.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/27/border-patrol-agents-would-not-surpise-me-if-cartels-rented-cover-by-mexican-military-helicopter-n1856546?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownhall

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

How much you wanna bet that chopper crew was responding to a bounty some drug cartel put on American border agents and did that on purpose so they could claim a couple of kills. Then they could claim they mistook those border agents for drug smugglers in the dark.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:23:19 PM

How much you wanna bet that chopper crew was responding to a bounty some drug cartel put on American border agents and did that on purpose so they could claim a couple of kills. Then they could claim they mistook those border agents for drug smugglers in the dark.

Not a lot of coorporation between the Mexican gov. and US gov. it seems. In such circumstances as you described it's quite possible the border agents got shot at.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/17/Report-500-Armed-Mexican-Authorities-Crossed-US-Border-in-Last-Decade
New figures from the Department of Homeland Security show that more than 500 armed Mexican troops or police have crossed the border and entered the U.S. over the past 10 years. 

According to the Washington Times, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner Gil Kerlikowske said that 131 people were detained as a result of the instances, which are reportedly referred to as "incursions." A total of 81 such incursions involved "verbal or physical contact."

U.S. Border Patrol's involvement in each incident is unclear at this time.

In addition to the 500+ armed Mexican authorities crossing into the U.S., an additional 148 came into the country without firearms.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:32:43 PM

These border posts usually have what, a couple handfuls of agents on at any one time so it's not like any group of them is a force to be reckoned with. A couple years ago I was going through the steps to become a Border agent but backed out as I saw the Fast and Furious heating up. What I can say is, these agents are not hardcore kind of people for the most part. Outside of learning Spanish fluently, the other main aspect of testing is being able to run 6-9 miles so many of them have slender builds. I'm sure they all can shoot proficiently but they aren't gritty in the sense of the term. Plus, I can imagine all the politics that's been going on that many of them are aware of and morale can't be good especially if the US govt is hanging them out to dry all the while facilitating easy illegal entry into the country and jetsetting them to other locations. The govt's behavior is so brazen on all of these corruption aspects that the people are gonna be in a populist minded position come the next few elections at least.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:47:20 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/17/Report-500-Armed-Mexican-Authorities-Crossed-US-Border-in-Last-Decade
New figures from the Department of Homeland Security show that more than 500 armed Mexican troops or police have crossed the border and entered the U.S. over the past 10 years. 

According to the Washington Times, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner Gil Kerlikowske said that 131 people were detained as a result of the instances, which are reportedly referred to as "incursions." A total of 81 such incursions involved "verbal or physical contact."

U.S. Border Patrol's involvement in each incident is unclear at this time.

In addition to the 500+ armed Mexican authorities crossing into the U.S., an additional 148 came into the country without firearms.
The Mexican Police and military are for hire to the highest bidder among the drug cartels.  Aren't you so glad WE train and equip them?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:23:29 AM

Or dissolve the concepts of nations all together and realize that we are one being on one planet.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:57:07 AM

Why doesn't the US just declare war on Mexico, defeat them, and then help rehabilitate them? Look what it did for German and Japan. It would be nice to have a prosperous neighbor to our south.
MidnightRon

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:32:29 AM

Can't wait fo US reaction
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:31:13 AM

Why doesn't the US just declare war on Mexico, defeat them, and then help rehabilitate them? Look what it did for German and Japan. It would be nice to have a prosperous neighbor to our south.

Hmm.. you can't just invade countries like that. The Mexican people will take care of their own problems and if they need any external support, they will ask for it. Already civilian vigilante squads have driven off the drug cartels from many cities such as Michoacan.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:37:39 AM

To be fair, the United States should be very tolerant of countries which send aircraft into other countries to shoot at people.

Did the US kill your family or something?  I sense much hate in you.  Fear, anger, hate, darkside.....
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:02:56 AM

Did the US kill your family or something?  I sense much hate in you.  Fear, anger, hate, darkside.....
The US killed many innocent people. I don't see any reason how a person could not hate the US from the bottom of his/her heart.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:33:47 AM

The US killed many innocent people. I don't see any reason how a person could not hate the US from the bottom of his/her heart.

I won't argue that the US government hasn't killed many people.  Innocents...well until drones can fire a laser from 30 miles away with 1cm accuracy there is a risk of casualties.  If the US was not so worried about casualties and intercepted Osama in 1998 perhaps 9/11 would not have occurred.  Pretty much every nation/civilization since the beginning of time has killed others.  Short of Ghandi and some recent Bhuddist/Taoist leaders, what leaders haven't ordered others to their death?

Read my other posts you'll see I'm not happy with the US government or the clowns who occupy those seats, but to single out a country which pretty much has to play daddy to 50 other countries around the world, well it gets tiring getting bashed.

Perhaps the US should have conceded Pearl Harbor to Japan and ignored Hitler's/Mussolini's  Europe and spent the last 60 years on inner reflection?
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:48:10 PM

I won't argue that the US government hasn't killed many people.  Innocents...well until drones can fire a laser from 30 miles away with 1cm accuracy there is a risk of casualties.  If the US was not so worried about casualties and intercepted Osama in 1998 perhaps 9/11 would not have occurred.  Pretty much every nation/civilization since the beginning of time has killed others.  Short of Ghandi and some recent Bhuddist/Taoist leaders, what leaders haven't ordered others to their death?

Read my other posts you'll see I'm not happy with the US government or the clowns who occupy those seats, but to single out a country which pretty much has to play daddy to 50 other countries around the world, well it gets tiring getting bashed.

Perhaps the US should have conceded Pearl Harbor to Japan and ignored Hitler's/Mussolini's  Europe and spent the last 60 years on inner reflection?
US killings outnumber killings of earlier civilisations by far. So far that I wouldn't call the US a civilised country.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: