Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will BTC reach $50,000?  (Read 9445 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:02:14 PM

sorry to interupt, but while reading the thread title this came instantly in mind:

When will BTC reach 50,000$ again?

discuss  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:25:52 AM

sorry to interupt, but while reading the thread title this came instantly in mind:

When will BTC reach 50,000$ again?

discuss  Wink
The same day it equates to 1% of M3 money supply (currently 0.01%), 2-3 years IMHO.
See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646186.0
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:07:07 AM

There will be so much government resistance when btc hits a few thousand per coin, let alone multiple thousands per coin.  So many things would need to fall into place for us to get above probably 2k. The numbers we are talking here would be like literally replacing the currency of several first world countries
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:38:53 PM

There will be so much government resistance when btc hits a few thousand per coin, let alone multiple thousands per coin.  So many things would need to fall into place for us to get above probably 2k. The numbers we are talking here would be like literally replacing the currency of several first world countries

I don't think we need that much to reach a few thousands dollars, just a loss of confidence in the future value of the USD, a financial crisis, higher rates of adoption or a bubble

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

I don't think we need that much to reach a few thousands dollars, just a loss of confidence in the future value of the USD, a financial crisis, higher rates of adoption or a bubble

You're right.
Only one more bubble will take us there, and it can happen with mere speculation.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:09:30 PM

The government cannot stop this.... at all. A mere next bubble can take us there should we cross the chasm. I think it's still too early for that, but I generally lag Bitcoin's progress.

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:15:16 PM

There is an estimated 21-32 Trillion (with a T) in "offshore" bank accounts. (http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload/pdf/Price_of_Offshore_Revisited_120722.pdf)

How about 1m/bitcoin?

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Tatsumigaoka

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

Sometimes I think that a lot bitcoiners hope for the "end of the world" just so that BTC will rise...
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

Sometimes I think that a lot bitcoiners hope for the "end of the world" just so that BTC will rise...

well, the idea of bitcoin was born in the midst of the 2008 financial crisis and its very concept is in opposition to the current financial system. the more problems the financial system produces, the more precious btc as a concept and as a unit will be. that may lead you to your conclusion, and it is designed to be that way.
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:49:50 PM

So many experts, so many praises, so many TA charts confirming rise TO DA MOON! Yet im right and you are all wrong.....
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:58:59 PM

+  11517.98 % in the last 24 months.  yeah, you must be right...   Roll Eyes
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:38:55 PM

So many experts, so many praises, so many TA charts confirming rise TO DA MOON! Yet im right and you are all wrong.....

Now, if you actually came with valid criticism and cared to answer when being challenged, then maybe you would be seen as more than a trolling dickhead. The least you could do to to get just a tiny bit of credibility is to show us that you actually put your money where your mouth is.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:51:32 PM

well, the idea of bitcoin was born in the midst of the 2008 financial crisis and its very concept is in opposition to the current financial system. the more problems the financial system produces, the more precious btc as a concept and as a unit will be. that may lead you to your conclusion, and it is designed to be that way.

Such simple truth here, but it definitely underlies a lot going on in the BTC space.

Also important to keep in mind which financial system is becoming more robust each day, and which one is remaining stagnant and weaker.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:12:51 PM

Such simple truth here, but it definitely underlies a lot going on in the BTC space.

Also important to keep in mind which financial system is becoming more robust each day, and which one is remaining stagnant and weaker.

The same practices and the same people are in place, debts are getting bigger and bigger in the states and various european countries

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

I think you mistake our intentions. We "know" (right or wrong is yet to be seen) that the entire financial paradigm worldwide is doomed. DOOOOOOMED! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5XOIMs6D0) Smiley

Some of us are in bitcoin simply to come out the other side of the crash in much better shape than everyone else. Some of those people feel the world will be better off after the crash. I don't pretend to know enough to predict how it will come out, or if it will occur. I am betting that it will all come down, and that I'll be better off for having been in bitcoin at the right time. I'm also betting that if it doesn't all come down, I'll still be better off for having been in btc.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 05:53:26 PM

I think you mistake our intentions. We "know" (right or wrong is yet to be seen) that the entire financial paradigm worldwide is doomed. DOOOOOOMED! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5XOIMs6D0) Smiley

Some of us are in bitcoin simply to come out the other side of the crash in much better shape than everyone else. Some of those people feel the world will be better off after the crash. I don't pretend to know enough to predict how it will come out, or if it will occur. I am betting that it will all come down, and that I'll be better off for having been in bitcoin at the right time. I'm also betting that if it doesn't all come down, I'll still be better off for having been in btc.

The crash has to happen because the excess and abuse of the past have not been cleaned but it will get way worse before it gets better and we can rebuild with a lower government and more freedom

fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:33:33 AM

When a gold ounce hits something in between 20-30k USD.

Maybe in the block halve to 6,25 in 2019.
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:43:57 AM

There is an estimated 21-32 Trillion (with a T) in "offshore" bank accounts. (http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload/pdf/Price_of_Offshore_Revisited_120722.pdf)

How about 1m/bitcoin?
That sounds interesting  Grin but if that happens by 2107  Huh

I really expect scientists finds a way for inmortality or years of life-increasing before that happens...

Hope you have a very low IQ or you were drunk, drugged, stoned when you wrote those terrifying words...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: