Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRC]RhinoCoin - A Decentralized Record Label - SKYHOOK - NEW WEBSITE  (Read 34793 times)
RhinoCoin (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:06:43 PM

offer escrow or this will just be flagged as another scam

What exactly are you guys looking for?

Do we want a third party holding all the funds?

Adding more and more costs before we even start Wink

Not trying to start anything just curious I love it!!  I want 2 understand what everyone is so worried about... there is crypto being created everyday with absolutely no backing and yet it gets tons of investors... This should really be a no brainer

Why not?

If it's really legitimate then they should offer a trusted escrow.

They release the promised product and escrow releases the funds.

Everyone wins.

Unless of course they are trying to scam people which it seems like.

Newbie accounts posting here in support + no escrow + some kind of obscure indie label =  SCAM

sorry, try again.

This is definitely not a scam.  It's unfortunate, but with so many newly released atlcoins I am not surprised you feel this way.   If you go to  www.rhinocoin.org you can see the team behind the project, we are all real people.  The newbie account on bitcointalk was created so RhinoCoin would have it's own private account, as the community grows this will be important.

We have put a lot of time, effort and thought into this project.  I am unfamiliar with a "legitimate" bitcoin escrow service.  Instead of criticizing a project with a genuine goal trying to revolutionize the crypto space any detailed suggestions and/or solutions to the problems you see with the project will definitely be discussed and considered.  

RhinoCoin something new in the crypto world but it's also a modern approach at the music industry, giving the power back to people.  I see RhinoCoin XRC kick starting a new area of cryptos backed by tangible assets, real world products and sales while at the same time rewarding it's community and changing the space it is centered around.

Richard
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:13:40 PM

offer escrow or this will just be flagged as another scam

What exactly are you guys looking for?

Do we want a third party holding all the funds?

Adding more and more costs before we even start Wink

Not trying to start anything just curious I love it!!  I want 2 understand what everyone is so worried about... there is crypto being created everyday with absolutely no backing and yet it gets tons of investors... This should really be a no brainer

Why not?

If it's really legitimate then they should offer a trusted escrow.

They release the promised product and escrow releases the funds.

Everyone wins.

Unless of course they are trying to scam people which it seems like.

Newbie accounts posting here in support + no escrow + some kind of obscure indie label =  SCAM

sorry, try again.

This is definitely not a scam.  It's unfortunate, but with so many newly released atlcoins I am not surprised you feel this way.   If you go to  www.rhinocoin.org you can see the team behind the project, we are all real people.  The newbie account on bitcointalk was created so RhinoCoin would have it's own private account, as the community grows this will be important.

We have put a lot of time, effort and thought into this project.  I am unfamiliar with a "legitimate" bitcoin escrow service.  Instead of criticizing a project with a genuine goal trying to revolutionize the crypto space any detailed suggestions and/or solutions to the problems you see with the project will definitely be discussed and considered.  

RhinoCoin something new in the crypto world but it's also a modern approach at the music industry, giving the power back to people.  I see RhinoCoin XRC kick starting a new area of cryptos backed by tangible assets, real world products and sales while at the same time rewarding it's community and changing the space it is centered around.

Richard

so why not offer escrow if it's so legitimate?

I went to the site, it's very basic.

Anyone with a simple web editor can put that up, even the host of the site offers tools for such basic templates

fail, try again
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:23:50 PM

"Richard" your not the first one creating a crypto backed by "tangible" assets.
RhinoCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:37:28 PM

so why not offer escrow if it's so legitimate?

I went to the site, it's very basic.

Anyone with a simple web editor can put that up, even the host of the site offers tools for such basic templates

fail, try again

So if our website for the launch was more "complex" it would convince you :-)

You still have not provided any detailed solution to concerns.  The fact that you had not yet visited the website, means you probably didn't read the entire post.

Vlad2Vlad - Yes, it is very similar to a real IPO on a real stock exchange. That is why, in the SEC's opinion, it would probably be illegal in the USA. The IPO is not so much about RhinoCoin, but about raising money for the company. RhinoCoin itself is not what people want, they are buying "profit shares" of the company. The fact that these profits are paid out only in RhinoCoin, not fiat currency (or even BTC) is the part of the law that has not been fully tested yet.

Other than that issue, on the surface at least this IPO looks 100 times better than almost all the other amateur or scammy looking IPOs that populate the cryptocurrency landscape.

As for getting listed on Nasdaq though, that is unlikely. A recent study said "Nearly 90 percent of the CFOs surveyed said their firms spent more than $1 million on one-time costs associated with the transaction. " And, another study said operating as a public company adds about $2.5 million, on average, to a company’s cost structure, with $1.5 million of that devoted to higher compensation for CEOs, CFOs, and others in the finance function, such as investor-relations professionals. That figure also covers increased board costs, as more than 80% of companies had either added new members to their boards or increased director compensation prior to their IPO.

That study includes companies with revenues as high as $4 billion, so of course Rhino would have a lot less expenses. But, it could easily cost them $500,000 for a real IPO, and another $500,000 year in extra expenses once they are public. Once they are public, I don't think they could have both the stock and the coin though, partially because that would be complicated, but mainly because there is no way it would ever comply with SEC laws. It is one thing to ignore the SEC and hope they don't notice you are care about what you are doing, but when you file for an IPO they scrutinize every little detail.

- Eric

RhinoCoin XRC are not tradition stocks or shares as defined by the SEC.  Each RhinoCoin XRC will become a beneficiary of The RhinoCoin Trust which will own all assets, rights, derived profits etc...  This allows individuals to purchase RhinoCoin, with no barriers to entry.  Investors will have the choice to take part in the RhinoCoin Label's development and will be rewarded based on the RhinoCoin's Label the contributions within the music industry.
impulsecorp

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

RhinoCoin is not a traditional share/stock, but in your offering page you say:
"One hundred percent of the profits of the Rhino Recording Studio and Record Label will be paid in equal portion to all respective RhinoCoin holders."
So, although there may be other benefits to RhinoCoin (being part of the community and other rewards), the main reason people would buy the IPO is for the profit sharing (via dividends), which is the same exact structure as most other cryptostocks, and the SEC has already taken a stand against that. Since you are in Canada, the SEC does not really matter, but the Canadian version of the SEC could easily come out against it also. There is certainly little likelihood they will ever openly support it.

- Eric
RhinoCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

"Richard" your not the first one creating a crypto backed by "tangible" assets.

I am aware there are other cryptos backed by assets.  RhinoCoin XRC is not only backed by assets as stated, but will release products, have sales and residual income.   The RhinoCoin Label will sign and sponsor many musicians and artists who will also be working for the Rhino community.  As the RhinoCoin Music Network grows and continues to release products this will add a residual revenue stream on top of the existing business model and applications.  The end goal is to create a community where investors and musicians can work together and thrive based on a mutually beneficial relationship.  I welcome any discussion and suggestions that will help ensure RhinoCoin as a driving force in the music industry.

Richad
impulsecorp

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

I should add that the entire point of registering with the SEC (and Canadian version) is to prevent skeptics (like mazuma) from doubting you, because having an SEC registration means everything has been checked thoroughly by the government. Audited financials, escrow, background checks, etc.  I know it is not practical for you to file a registration, but my point is that all the problems you are having are the same problems any unregistered offering would have. Maybe like how the US government recently passed crowdfunding laws (allowing them), at some point there will be special exemptions for cryptocurrency IPOs where as long as you file a very basic registration, and the IPO is for small dollar amount, and certain maintenance rules are met, any company will be allowed to do one.

The info Rhino has provided is much better than 99% of the other offerings, but without any regulation investors will be skeptical no matter what.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:41:43 PM

I doubt this is the last updates before the IPO... I also think the skeptics are only here because they seen maidsafe IPO and they don`t wanna miss this one..... I`ve been in crypto for a while and I have seen hundreds of coins make money.... This coin will be Top 10 within a month I have no doubt!!!!!  I don`t hold bags Wink

I will be buying 20btc worth July 5th thank you have a good day

dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

WOW, first of all , You guys have a NEWBIE making an account requesting an IPO for such an "elaborate plan". No identity given, no personal information just a concept of this idea. 2nd a lot of 1 post newbz claiming interesting makes it even more suspicious. 3rd He doesnt want to use escrow.

This is funny as hell.
i agree no escrow for that amount of btc is crazy. this looks alot like a scam to me also Roll Eyes
DirtyDutch

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:22:54 PM

WOW, first of all , You guys have a NEWBIE making an account requesting an IPO for such an "elaborate plan". No identity given, no personal information just a concept of this idea. 2nd a lot of 1 post newbz claiming interesting makes it even more suspicious. 3rd He doesnt want to use escrow.

This is funny as hell.
i agree no escrow for that amount of btc is crazy. this looks alot like a scam to me also Roll Eyes

2000 BTC IPO..   Shocked What a fucking joke..
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:50:21 PM

looks interesting...although if I were to buy a company or shares in a company, financial history (turnover, overheads etc) is essential information and quite normal for it to be provided.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584664.0 Ultimate Altcoin daytraders spreadsheet

It is an interesting concept, but what you say is correct. Not only is this essential information normally released, in this case I believe they are skirting around some very nasty federal laws in at least the US. They are basically proposing to sell unregulated stocks.

Interested to see what happens, but my BTC will be staying in the wallet on this one.

This is kind of a no-brainer. This isn't a shitcoin released on vapour-promises for a quick pump-and-dump. This is a niche offering to crowdfund ongoing equity investment with a recording studio in Montreal. If you were asked to buy equity in a similar venture using fiat-- and you probably wouldn't since you're concerned with US federal law risks with regard to foreign investment-- then obviously you wouldn't give it a second thought.

Stop comparing this to shares in a company and start comparing it to indiegogo, Kickstarter, etc. Initiatives on those sites aren't bound to deliver on their backer rewards, and that's the inherent risk you take supporting something you believe in. For certain types of crowdsourcing funding, the fundee receives the funds no matter how much of their target was pledged, and from that point on, they're free to do what they will, even if that includes wasting it and saying they tried. It's up to you to vet your investment in those cases, as it is with Rhinocoin, and decide for yourself if it's worth it to you to essentially donate to their cause and maybe receive equity returns.

If you're truly comparing it to a legitimate crowdfunding company, you would know that there are legally binding provisions to help ensure that the initiator follows through with his or her project.

There is a complete lack of recourse in the case the OP takes the money and runs. I think that's why a lot of people are asking either for significantly more transparency or for funding via escrow.

[Personally, I don't think the threshold is met with just an escrow.]
XXXedus

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:46:44 AM

Can we have some documentation on previous accomplishments? Also either 2 of 3 team members facebooks cannot be found or they don't exist. I would like some background info if you could provide a little.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:49:12 AM

I really like the idea.
impulsecorp

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:45:42 AM

One thing that might help you get investors more interested in RhinoCoin is if you had some rough financial projections as to what the profits might be. Most people here have no idea what the projected revenue and expenses are for a recording studio/record company. Especially since unlike most startups, it seems you will make a profit for the first year (due to all the expenses being prepaid), investors want to know what they might make. It also is important to translate that into a per RhinoCoin projection. Even better would be a simple percent return projection for RhinoCoin holders, since most people have no idea what a RhinoCoin is worth.

I basically want to know if I buy $1 of RhinoCoin that you project in the first year I will get a X% dividend (profit distribution) on that, and also the projection for year 2 since that will include many more expenses.

- Eric

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:39:53 AM

OSX wallet getting stuck at block 43102 (68%) ?
RhinoCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:37:49 AM

Just quit and restart, my mac wallet is in sync  :-)

If that doesn't work re-install
CryptoPleb

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:33:52 AM

Just quit and restart, my mac wallet is in sync  :-)

If that doesn't work re-install

All good, thanks  Grin
a20756079

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:33:32 PM

For most people,the price of IPO is too high. Grin

could u tell us how many coins have already sold?

j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:09:30 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 02:26:14 AM by j5crypto

This is a great way to expand cryptos into business coins. The only problem is that this has to be done right. If people give you money for your IPO then you are doing it right. Do what works and do it until it doesn't work anymore. That's business. If you don't get any funds then you need to figure out how to make IPO investing safe.

The reason for an IPO is the need of funds to expand or start a business. Do investors want to help you expand your business? IF yes you might do ok.

Watching this one, this could get interesting.

CryptoPleb

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:00:18 AM

Main reason Im trusting of this IPO is because they give out all their details.
I have their names and address. That tells me they most likely arent out to rip anyone off.
Also Montreal always has some good music acts to sign.

1180 St-Antoine Ouest
Montreal, Quebec
H3C 1B4

Richard Vincent - Founder

Looking forward to this

ps. the countdown clock on the site is giving me 10 hours left, which would make it midnight here in Australia but 4pm UTC..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: